+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Cars are the future…..my arse !!

Re: Electric Cars are the future…..my arse !!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I have indeed , no petrol involved, hybrid as in two separate power generators charging at different times one for output one for input

If you don’t think this is feasible have a day off

The additional power source will be self generating off each source

It’s only a matter of time as to when the battery is half the size ( saving energy, weight tyre wear etc) with twice or three times the distance

so one battery is charging the other battery while it is also driving the motors?
    even if batteries were 100% efficient there would be no point in doing this. the fact is that they aren't 100% efficient so you're pointlessly wasting charge and having to pay for 2 batteries.

congratulations you just designed a more expensive electric car that has significantly worse performance.

Anybody know why they got rid of the electric tram system within Cardiff over 50:years ago

Following on from the original thread , before electric cars become mainstream they have to decarbonise the National Grid first , which kind of delays things , I know that from meetings I’ve held.

https://www.nationalgrid.com/respons...sing-transport

They may need longer than 2035
    I’m pretty sure those electric trams were powered by a great big coal factory spewing out aerosolised lung damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

so one battery is charging the other battery while it is also driving the motors?
    even if batteries were 100% efficient there would be no point in doing this. the fact is that they aren't 100% efficient so you're pointlessly wasting charge and having to pay for 2 batteries.

congratulations you just designed a more expensive electric car that has significantly worse performance.
    Expensive for now … like everything the costs will come down especially when they decrease in size ( which they will )

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m pretty sure those electric trams were powered by a great big coal factory spewing out aerosolised lung damage.
    Like in China at the moment ?

Like in China at the moment ?
    China are making impressive progress in becoming carbon neutral tbh to their plans to get there are probably more feasible than ours

Expensive for now … like everything the costs will come down especially when they decrease in size ( which they will )
    yes but fundamentally the idea makes no sense

yes but fundamentally the idea makes no sense
    Fundamentally the whole electric rollout makes no sense by the time you take into account the carbon footprint of the battery, not forgetting you still have to charge the thing.

The only country that will benefit at the moment would be Iceland as a large percentage of their power is generated by Geo Thermal.

Poor old Sleepy Joe lol 3035
    Bring back Trump 😆😆😆

Fundamentally the whole electric rollout makes no sense by the time you take into account the carbon footprint of the battery, not forgetting you still have to charge the thing.

The only country that will benefit at the moment would be Iceland as a large percentage of their power is generated by Geo Thermal.
    don't worry about that, let's hear more about your 2 battery car idea

don't worry about that, let's hear more about your 2 battery car idea
    I’ve told you what I think about it, and what’s your alternative solution, apart from sidestepping the issues I’ve raised because so far you have contributed nothing of note.

Unbelievably the mining of Lithium actually makes the carbon footprint of the manufacture of the EV four times more than that of a petrol or diesel car
    Then there’s the added problem of battery disposal at the end of their life
    The problem people are overlooking is the second hand value of an Electric Vehicle
    With petrol or diesel a hundred thousand miles is common- what’s the expected battery life of an EV ?
    A little online research and manufacture’s are quoting depending on the make and model around £6-10,000 for a replacement battery
    For me they are a fortune to buy new and leasing is expensive
    The cost of charging has increased significantly making it not as attractive a proposition
    The infrastructure is in its infancy leaving the driver frustrated as hell in finding an empty charging point at any motorway service
    I borrowed my sisters EV on her insistence for the experience
    I couldn’t wait to give it back 😫👍

Fundamentally the whole electric rollout makes no sense by the time you take into account the carbon footprint of the battery.
    It's not supposed to make any sense, it's psychological warfare!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    With this cost of living crisis, surely it will be delayed, can most countries afford to make the changes required by 2030?

RJK's point above is a good one mind, the quicker we can stop being held to ranson by the OPEC countries the better!
    It won't be delayed. The plan is to make you and everybody else poor, and dependent on the government.

I've got a hybrid it's a different driving experience has saved me money with benefits in kind .

Especially with Drakefords 20mph limit as the beast self charges at that speed via the automatic gear box..

I think folk need to think about leasing,especially with battery life and hi tech software in these cars .

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It won't be delayed. The plan is to make you and everybody else poor, and dependent on the government.
    Aye, and it's becoming more plain by the day the primary mechanism to ensure just that is to drive the price of oil through the roof by a manufactured scarcity.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Aye, and it's becoming more plain by the day the primary mechanism to ensure just that is to drive the price of oil through the roof by a manufactured scarcity.
    Seems like only yesterday that the gifted and talented were telling us that the oil price crash was targeted at destroying the economies of OPEC countries and Russia.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...obal-Oil-Crash

Now the line seems to be that those very same OPEC countries and Russia are working in cahoots with "governments" to drive up the price of oil to make everyone penniless.

Presumably there is an oil price where the gifted and talented don't think the WEF and their disciples don't have the rest of us over a barrel (I know!) but I guess you wouldn't be gifted and talented if you let everyone know what that price was!

I'm not aware what news or speculation caused the spike in oil and natural gas prices before Friday's close. For WTI crude and nat gas to jump 5% and 7% respectively suggests something significant occurred.

This site provides real time price fluctuations - https://oilprice.com/

I'm not aware what news or speculation caused the spike in oil and natural gas prices before Friday's close. For WTI crude and nat gas to jump 5% and 7% respectively suggests something significant occurred.

This site provides real time price fluctuations - https://oilprice.com/
    I'm sure you'll find some tweet blaming Russia/North Korea/Biden/Dr Doom with conclusive proof they inexplicably can't back up

Klaus and friends want the like of you and I off of fossil fuels.

If he deems it's impossible to persuade enough people to take far fewer unnecessary car journeys and jet off abroad for hols then he and they will ensure compliance through price hikes in those very fossil fuels.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    My sister who is definitely in the NIMBY brigade has been banging on to me for the last few years to buy an electric car
    I actually borrowed hers which she actually leases at the cost of a family mortgage may I add for the weekend just gone
    From my own experience and I couldn’t have done anything differently,why anyone would bother buying one is a total mystery.
    The biggest negative is pulling into the services with your range showing 30 miles and there’s only two charging points
    Both are in use and there’s two cars waiting in front of you
    To top it off you’re only allowed a two hour stay or get a parking eye fine - madness!!
    A run to the same destination in my diesel would normally take two and a half hours
    It took just over six hours and a load of STRESS plus I’m waiting for my sister to pull me on her having received a fine
    The other irritation is pulling into a garage and the charging point is out of order which happened twice plus not knowing exactly how much the charge has cost you because you need to retrieve information from the app
    The other annoyance were pedestrians walking into the road - I’m not blaming them because you cannot hear any engine noise
    The car was beautiful and great to drive an experience I’m glad I had
    But buy one?
    Not a chance
    Actually doing a bit of google research if you are one of those “keep your carbon footprint down and all that” to manufacture an EV. Is worse environmentally.
    I’m sure she said she’s paying £1100 a month on a two year lease
    I think sitting on top of a battery has done some damage to her brain lol ��
    Definitely a NO from me for Electric being the thing of the future ����
    Early adopters pay through the nose, hang on as long as you can till the price comes down and they solve all the problems, let the big head look at my electric car test it all out for us, then buy when they are worth buying.

International

Klaus and friends want the like of you and I off of fossil fuels.

If he deems it's impossible to persuade enough people to take far fewer unnecessary car journeys and jet off abroad for hols then he and they will ensure compliance through price hikes in those very fossil fuels.
    Is he opec or the saudi government?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    its ok sunny the leader of the free world just wants a little more time 3035 to be precise

as opposed to this coherent genius?

We did comment on Sleepy Joe’s 3035 remark earlier lol 😂
    Sleepwalking into the next elections

As for your comments NCB on prices coming down
    They never do my friend 🤔
    We’re not talking about a Sony Walkman or stereo where the prices drop when the masses start buying them
    We’re talking about Electric Vehicles
    The price of extracting the raw materials to make the batteries has increased
    The carbon footprint of manufacturing is four times more than a diesel or petrol
    Infrastructure is in its infancy
    Cost of electric charge has spiralled
    Second hand market is unstable
    They are going to get more expensive not cheaper
    The only way we’ll ever get cheaper transportation is to go back to the horse and cart like our pikey cousins down west 🐴

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    as opposed to this coherent genius?

Judging from the late comedian George Carlin's 1989 remarks, I doubt whether had he been around in 2016 he'd have voted for the self-declared father of the Warp Speed Covid vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    My sister who is definitely in the NIMBY brigade has been banging on to me for the last few years to buy an electric car
    I actually borrowed hers which she actually leases at the cost of a family mortgage may I add for the weekend just gone
    From my own experience and I couldn’t have done anything differently,why anyone would bother buying one is a total mystery.
    The biggest negative is pulling into the services with your range showing 30 miles and there’s only two charging points
    Both are in use and there’s two cars waiting in front of you
    To top it off you’re only allowed a two hour stay or get a parking eye fine - madness!!
    A run to the same destination in my diesel would normally take two and a half hours
    It took just over six hours and a load of STRESS plus I’m waiting for my sister to pull me on her having received a fine
    The other irritation is pulling into a garage and the charging point is out of order which happened twice plus not knowing exactly how much the charge has cost you because you need to retrieve information from the app
    The other annoyance were pedestrians walking into the road - I’m not blaming them because you cannot hear any engine noise
    The car was beautiful and great to drive an experience I’m glad I had
    But buy one?
    Not a chance
    Actually doing a bit of google research if you are one of those “keep your carbon footprint down and all that” to manufacture an EV. Is worse environmentally.
    I’m sure she said she’s paying £1100 a month on a two year lease
    I think sitting on top of a battery has done some damage to her brain lol ��
    Definitely a NO from me for Electric being the thing of the future ����
    Surprised nobody has brought this part up. Thought I was on the jacks board for a moment there