Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wizz pulling out of Cardiff Airport

Re: Wizz pulling out of Cardiff Airport

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Drakeford is 'Mr Tortoise'
    Ah, so it’s the hair & the tortoise!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes that would be good in the longer term, better still of they could get a US soil departure gate like they have in Dublin, so you could do US immigration in Cardiff then when you reach the other side you just walk out the door. If I'm flying to the East coast US that;s my preferred route these days Cardiff-Dublin-USA.

Of course I'm not sure if the States would want to bother with another one of those so close to Dublin.
    US Preclearance at Dublin is Great, makes the flight so much more relaxing knowing you just get of the plane head to hire car / uber

I read ( a article in a US travel mag ) that the US wanted to make 6 more UK airports US Preclearance, they didnt mentioned which ones though

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, so it’s the hair & the tortoise!
    That's quite good !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's quite good !
    Eye thenk yoo (courtesy of Big hearted Arthur Askey)

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m sure our esteemed leader had a word, they are looking for a new club to invest in too arent they? Is that why he went to Qatar to get them to buy ccfc…..
    Can't confirm the source but, apparently, after a few jars in the 5 star hotel bar, he got them all singing "I'd rather be a Bluebird than a Cock". All will be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    The big change happened when Cardiff and Bristol competed for Go, the British Airways Low Cost Airline. this was in 2001 and Bristol won. Then Easyjet bought Go and rapidly expanded. Go were, by far, the primary customer for Bristol as the airport grew. Prior to 2001, the numbers flying from Cardiff and Bristol were broadly similar. Cardiff then competed with Teeside for the next Lo-Cost Carrier off the block - BMIBaby. I was involved in securing the deal. You may recall that BMIBaby had an aircraft livery dedicated to marketing Wales. However BMIBaby were nowhere near as successful as RyanAir and Easyjet and eventually folded.
    Thank you

Is Cardiff Airport ever going to expand and challenge Bristol ?

Or is it doomed ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How is it the shyster Johnson is referred to as Boris and Mark is referred to as Drakeford?
    Because he's a tory cnut

The big change happened when Cardiff and Bristol competed for Go, the British Airways Low Cost Airline. this was in 2001 and Bristol won. Then Easyjet bought Go and rapidly expanded. Go were, by far, the primary customer for Bristol as the airport grew. Prior to 2001, the numbers flying from Cardiff and Bristol were broadly similar. Cardiff then competed with Teeside for the next Lo-Cost Carrier off the block - BMIBaby. I was involved in securing the deal. You may recall that BMIBaby had an aircraft livery dedicated to marketing Wales. However BMIBaby were nowhere near as successful as RyanAir and Easyjet and eventually folded.
    Shame about BMI baby, generally good numbers from Cardiff and must have made a fortune in additional airport check in fees, they were really strict.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Because he's a tory cnut
    I’ll reiterate once again for you. I can vote who the hell I want my friend, for info , I was brought up on a council estate, and yes people perceived deprived backgrounds can change their political allegiance from time to time just like the odd M.P.

I have in the past voted for Labour and Liberal Democrats. Who knows who I vote for next time, it depends how the political landscape is at the time. Presently I’m openminded as I usually am mid term , now , why do you act like a child when a poster you don’t even know has a different political opinion to you ?

You say you don’t drink, so what are you on half the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ll reiterate once again for you. I can vote who the hell I want my friend, for info , I was brought up on a council estate, and yes people perceived deprived backgrounds can change their political allegiance from time to time just like the odd M.P.

I have in the past voted for Labour and Liberal Democrats. Who knows who I vote for next time, it depends how the political landscape is at the time. Presently I’m openminded as I usually am mid term , now , why do you act like a child when a poster you don’t even know has a different political opinion to you ?

I was talking about the north cardiff mafia not you

But it appears to have drawn you out of the political wilderness

So all this cobblers you post is clearly anti drakeford and anti Labour and pro tory

It's good you have finally fallen on your sword

I was talking about the north cardiff mafia not you

But it appears to have drawn you out of the political wilderness

So all this cobblers you post is clearly anti drakeford and anti Labour and pro tory

It's good you have finally fallen on your sword
    Read my post again ,and at the moment I’m undecided , is that ok ?

Thank you

Is Cardiff Airport ever going to expand and challenge Bristol ?

Or is it doomed ?
    It's getting tougher all the time.
    The current environment for air travel is making marginal airports and routes struggle.
    Airlines are not prepared to take risks and will go where success is more certain.
    CWL needs to decide what kind of airport it wants to be.
    That needs vision and investment - not just at the airport but also the surrounding transport infrastructure.
    Without that the airport will continue to struggle.

The current environment for air travel is making marginal airports and routes struggle.
    Airlines are not prepared to take risks and will go where success is more certain.
    That needs vision and investment - not just at the airport but also the surrounding transport infrastructure.
    I think the answer is probably its going to eventually wither away

Flights will get the people using the airport , people don't tend to worry about it being semi rural and with small roads if they can take the wife to Milan for a long weekend

I think the answer is probably its going to eventually wither away

Flights will get the people using the airport , people don't tend to worry about it being semi rural and with small roads if they can take the wife to Milan for a long weekend
    Maybe they (WAG) want to reduce air travel and the best way is to mothball the place.

This article may explain things where it’s suggested Only three UK airports should stay open beyond 2030

https://www.transportxtra.com/public...te--academics/

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Exactly good post, it is a brilliant opportunity!
    Especially as BA has their maintenance facility next door. What better opportunity to fly transatlantic from there for them?

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Can't confirm the source but, apparently, after a few jars in the 5 star hotel bar, he got them all singing "I'd rather be a Bluebird than a Cock". All will be revealed.
    Going nowhere with psg so might aswell cash in and buy us….

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I wouldn't bother he can't coherently follow and reply to any threads.

International

No chance then, the welsh government is not interested in making driving in Wales easier, it's just obstacle after obstacle, as already said roads are getting more crowded and lanes are being removed and bottlenecks are not being improved and speeds are being reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No chance then, the welsh government is not interested in making driving in Wales easier, it's just obstacle after obstacle, as already said roads are getting more crowded and lanes are being removed and bottlenecks are not being improved and speeds are being reduced.
    Isn’t the metro supposed to be servicing the airport?

As Wales as the owner, it wouldn’t be a big expense to have a cheap/free park and ride direct to the airport with security with a flight ticket. Can use the extra space at the airport then for other means

Surely a quick win.

the most important thing is that our airport is bigger than most other clubs medium sized airport ?

£210 million down the pan…..crikey that’s shocking

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would have thought that was obvious!

Various issues with Cardiff airport but nothing unfixable, a lot come down to mindset. I see a lot of people say Bristol is cheaper etc etc and I'm sure some fares are vastly different like all airports in the world but some family members and friends of mine say similar then when you sit down and add up the extra costs like fuel, wear and tear and other things the price difference is negligible, this isn't even including the extra time of driving to Bristol and back!

People in Wales need to use and treat Welsh assets well otherwise we'll lose them then we'll be complaining when Bristol airlines increase fares as there is no competition!

Covid was horrific timing, Qatar airways was just getting underway and starting to get traction especially with freight. The world cup would have been great being able to fly from Cardiff for both Welsh and English!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    £210 million down the pan…..crikey that’s shocking
    its a fair whack of money, the thing is, with no end is sight, are they going to throw more at it or call it a day

Monday had 7 flights taking off ( according to that article )