+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fawlty Towers to return

Re: Fawlty Towers to return

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is what people don't seem to get

Cleese in the original Fawlty Towers was taking the piss out of racist old twats afraid of foreigners whilst really being afraid of himself

But if Cleese of recent times makes Fawlty Towers again he's not going to have to get in character as he already is a miserable old bigot
    He slagged off the BBC a few years ago for editing out the Major's descriptions of the Indian and West Indian cricket teams, when showing a repeat, so I guess they won't be offered it this time around.

i love flawty twores but will this fly these days ?

its the major talking about our african and indian friends

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

The major was a daft old racist and said racist things

People were either laughing at him , which was the idea

Or thinking what he said was funny

My mates old man was like that , he's got worse as he's got older , I don't bother with him now

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Stuart Lee is a very interesting comedian indeed. Makes his audience think.

The Likely Lads, Porridge and Auf Wiedersehen Pet all came from the excellent partnership of Dick Clement and Ian Le Frenais.
    Yup. love stewart Lee. Hope i didn't offend in the previous post, that wasn't my intention.

First Class English Public School Pleb.....never liked him and now he want's to inflict his Nepo-Baby on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When a party led by Keir Hardie, a man who was banned from taking part in the "Boring Lectures" for being too boring, is polling around half the vote in opinion polls, you know how much this government has imploded.
    Boring! He’s been bloody dead for 108 years, give the man a break!

Rubbish. Times and things move on.
    Of course they do.

But it’s hard to argue people are offended about everything, tbh seems to be more to make them current rather than anything of substance.

Always thought Fawlty Towers was overrated, never was a big fan of Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Always thought Fawlty Towers was overrated, never was a big fan of Cleese.
    Millennials just don't understand humour or cleese...There are loads of different cleeses.Red Leicester, Tilsit, Caerphilly, Bel Paese, Red Windsor, Stilton, Emmental, Gruyère, Norwegian Jarlsberg, Liptauer, Lancashire, White Stilton, Danish Blue, Double Gloucester, Cheshire, Dorset Blue Vinney, Brie, Roquefort, Pont l'Evêque, Port Salut, Savoyard etc etc

Millennials just don't understand humour or cleese...There are loads of different cleeses.Red Leicester, Tilsit, Caerphilly, Bel Paese, Red Windsor, Stilton, Emmental, Gruyère, Norwegian Jarlsberg, Liptauer, Lancashire, White Stilton, Danish Blue, Double Gloucester, Cheshire, Dorset Blue Vinney, Brie, Roquefort, Pont l'Evêque, Port Salut, Savoyard etc etc
    Must have taken you half hour to list all those Cleese's and you still missed loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Must have taken you half hour to list all those Cleese's and you still missed loads.
    google mate..and you are welcome to use it. hey! you might even find something funnier than The Royle family

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Of course they do.

But it’s hard to argue people are offended about everything, tbh seems to be more to make them current rather than anything of substance.
    Again I disagree. I just think some things that were funny back in the 70s aren't any longer. Comics like Frankie Boyle come out with jokes that could be considered highly offensive, and he's got into trouble for many, but he's in huge demand. Jerry Sadowicz had his first ever tour in London a few years ago - it's the first time he could get sponsorship for such a thing.

There are lots of very edgy, controversial comedians, just that humour has moved on. Jokes about the war aren't funny any more. Jokes slagging off homosexuality or black people aren't appropriate any more. The world has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup. love stewart Lee. Hope i didn't offend in the previous post, that wasn't my intention.
    You didn't offend me and it was fair comment, old fruit.

I think it was his dad that changed the family name from Cheese to Cleese ironically.

This might have gone over my head but John Cleese's father changed the family name from Cheese to Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think it was his dad that changed the family name from Cheese to Cleese ironically.
    Must have been a cleese in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    https://unrealfacts.com/last-name-jo...nearly-cheese/

Singer Judith Durham of The Seekers fame, who recently died, was born Judith Cock. Actress Diana Dors was Diana Fluck.

Actors Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee were originally Chan Kong-sang and Li Jun Fan.

Our Vinnie came into the world as Tan Chee Yioun. When he started to prefix it with
    Vincent I've been unable to discover.

It seems those of Chinese ethnicity have their family name first.

When a party led by Keir Hardie, a man who was banned from taking part in the "Boring Lectures" for being too boring, is polling around half the vote in opinion polls, you know how much this government has imploded.
    Not sure if this is a typo but Hardie was a very different animal to the brown Austin Allegro that leads the Labour Party today.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    This might have gone over my head but John Cleese's father changed the family name from Cheese to Cleese.
    Past your eyes perhaps.....

She said she'd like to bathe in milk
    He said alright sweetheart
    And when he finished work one night
    He loaded up the cart
    He said you wanted pasturised
    'Cause pasturised is best
    She says Ernie I'll be happy
    If it comes up to me chest
    And that tickled old Ernie (Ernie)
    And he drove the fastest milkcart in the west

International

This is much better, it's more relatable.

Rodders and Del chatting up the ladies, good old Hot Rod!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1028002844623837

magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Good point!