+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St Pauli

Re: St Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Must look out for that.

Guess you would have read Another Football is Possible by Vinas and Parra? It's a bit heavy going at times, but well researched and quite interesting in terms of the history generally of that part of Hamburg.
    No not read it, cheers for the reminder Peter. I remember reading a preview but then forgot all about it

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Luton
    Luton, no way, very multi cultural firm / support base

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Luton, no way, very multi cultural firm / support base
    And a lot of EDL type idiots from up that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Jinksed 'em
    yep. Braunschweig of all teams!

Poor result for Hamburg yesterday. Meanwhile, Hertha’s result on Friday was a disaster. Rock bottom of the league now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Poor result for Hamburg yesterday. Meanwhile, Hertha’s result on Friday was a disaster. Rock bottom of the league now.
    Yes, with Hamburg losing it was a great opportunity for St. Pauli to bear down on them, especially with the derby coming up. Hertha - what a basket case of a club! I'm there for Bremen next week. I expect it to be a little toxic.

Nothing against Glatzel, but the longer Hamburg stay in the second tier the better - all to do with 67/68.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nothing against Glatzel, but the longer Hamburg stay in the second tier the better - all to do with 67/68.
    That was a great game and a s..t result, Never have those nights again.

Uwe Seeler. Great C/F but a friggin’ heartbreaker.

The CCMB kiss of death.

Obviously after winning 10 in a row, this thread was created and then they go and lose at home..

Quote from an article I'm just reading

"Wer immer auch gedacht hatte, das 2:5 auf Schalke in der Vorwoche wäre ein trauriger Tiefpunkt gewesen, wurde eines besseren belehrt"

Roughly: Whoever thought the 2-5 defeat to Schalke was a sad new low point, will now know differently.

When Hertha were 3 down at home yesterday people around me actually started laughing when an attempt on goal went out for a throw-in. Plenty of gallows humour. Got uglier at 0-4. Bye bye Bundelisga.

Quote from an article I'm just reading

"Wer immer auch gedacht hatte, das 2:5 auf Schalke in der Vorwoche wäre ein trauriger Tiefpunkt gewesen, wurde eines besseren belehrt"

Roughly: Whoever thought the 2-5 defeat to Schalke was a sad new low point, will now know differently.

When Hertha were 3 down at home yesterday people around me actually started laughing when an attempt on goal went out for a throw-in. Plenty of gallows humour. Got uglier at 0-4. Bye bye Bundelisga.
    Do you read Kicker, Peter? I try to get the Sonderheft every summer

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Do you read Kicker, Peter? I try to get the Sonderheft every summer
    No. It's a good call though. I tend to look at the Berlin online press, but could do with a more rounded view.

75 000 there yesterday btw - and I've read 25000 away support, which is amazing really for bottom v mid-table.

I have been following 1.FCK. I had a night in Ramstein a few months ago and started chatting to the chef in a local steakhouse. talk was mainly about his team and Cardiff City. Went back a few weeks ago and he said hi. Promised me that if K-Town get promoted this year I will get a free family meal on my next visit. Looking at the league table I don't think it will be this year.

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    I have been following 1.FCK. I had a night in Ramstein a few months ago and started chatting to the chef in a local steakhouse. talk was mainly about his team and Cardiff City. Went back a few weeks ago and he said hi. Promised me that if K-Town get promoted this year I will get a free family meal on my next visit. Looking at the league table I don't think it will be this year.
    Yeah, gap's a bit big now between the top 3 and the chasing pack...sadly.

How was the derby experience Peter?
    Crazy game, I thought St Pauli had the better chances and should have won. They seemed to get caught cold at the start of the 2nd half. The atmosphere, banners and pyrotechnics looked pretty full on. Great advert for the 2nd division.

How was the derby experience Peter?
    Crazy game, I thought St Pauli had the better chances and should have won. They seemed to get caught cold at the start of the 2nd half. The atmosphere, banners and pyrotechnics looked pretty full on. Great advert for the 2nd division.
    I haven't seen any of it again, but I came away with the real sense that, as you say, St. Pauli were the better side, but seem to throw it away with a mad period after half time. When Jackson Irvine pulled it back to 4-3, the momentum was with them, and I thought they'd go on at least to get the draw.

I'd bought my ticket through St. Pauli but somehow ended up in some sort of mixed area right next to the SP area, which meant I got most of the away fan atmosphere without being in and amongst it. An area where both sets of fans could celebrate their respective goals without any aggro, which was pretty impressive. May have been different later on in the City!.

You need to try and make it next time, Harry!

I haven't seen any of it again, but I came away with the real sense that, as you say, St. Pauli were the better side, but seem to throw it away with a mad period after half time. When Jackson Irvine pulled it back to 4-3, the momentum was with them, and I thought they'd go on at least to get the draw.

I'd bought my ticket through St. Pauli but somehow ended up in some sort of mixed area right next to the SP area, which meant I got most of the away fan atmosphere without being in and amongst it. An area where both sets of fans could celebrate their respective goals without any aggro, which was pretty impressive. May have been different later on in the City!.

You need to try and make it next time, Harry!
    I will, been a long time coming that one. Of course assuming HSV don't go up! I have to say that their defence looked very suspect. Sounds like an odd excuse but the delay in starting the 2nd half because of the smoke may have been a factor.
    I was in a neutral area for the FA cup final against Pompey, it made for a strange atmosphere. I'm amazed they could get away with it for that particular game.

I will, been a long time coming that one. Of course assuming HSV don't go up! I have to say that their defence looked very suspect. Sounds like an odd excuse but the delay in starting the 2nd half because of the smoke may have been a factor.
    I was in a neutral area for the FA cup final against Pompey, it made for a strange atmosphere. I'm amazed they could get away with it for that particular game.
    Even at Hertha yesterday, there were a good few Bremen fans in the home area that I was in, celebrating their goals without being dicks about it. It seems to be different over there in that respect - surprising given what was at stake (in both games) and the amount of beer on offer.

I may be wrong, but I've always thought of Hertha as being the kind of place you probably could do that - one of the few grounds to not always sell out, capital city so no doubt fans from around the country living there, relatively starved of success. A little like the 'neutral' area alongside the away fans in Fulham, perhaps?

The kicker sonderheft is a fantastic read btw. It's a real shame nothing similar is produced here, as most countries have a similar pre season magazine

Sorry to bounce this, but St Pauli only go and win 3-0 away at top of the table Darmstadt! Could this still be on?!

Sorry to bounce this, but St Pauli only go and win 3-0 away at top of the table Darmstadt! Could this still be on?!
    What a performance. They will have to win the last 3 to put the pressure on but with 2 at home it's possible

Are Lazio the most hated club in Italian football for their nazi links ?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I may be wrong, but I've always thought of Hertha as being the kind of place you probably could do that - one of the few grounds to not always sell out, capital city so no doubt fans from around the country living there, relatively starved of success. A little like the 'neutral' area alongside the away fans in Fulham, perhaps?

The kicker sonderheft is a fantastic read btw. It's a real shame nothing similar is produced here, as most countries have a similar pre season magazine
    Hertha you’re definitely right about, there were quite a lot of Leverkusen fans in the home end when I went a few years back…. Also saw quite a few Bremen fans in the Hamburg end last season in Bremen colours with no visible agro, so think they must be more tolerant as a general rule.

I love St Pauli; I bought a tee shirt today.