Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What look do you want?
    A Wally with a Brolly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Don't think we have had a manager dress so inappropriate, not a good look for a football manager
    I don't think I've ever seen a manager wear jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    either a suit or sporting attire
    Out of interest, what do you wear when you go to a football match?

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    ..if I did have to mark out someone for worrying about it's Goutas he's a sizeable downgrade from Kipre and at times is frighteningly mistake prone - but like many again, not all bad.
    This is a pretty sizeable shift from your pre-season pronouncements regarding Goutas.

Watching Callum Paterson playing right back against us yesterday, it's crazy to think that he was our first choice centre forward for much of our last premier league season.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    It’s Siopis!!! S I O P I S!!!! It’s bad enough the clown near me was calling him Siosopis for the whole game and then I see the mangling of his name on here too.
    Anyhoo, great 3 points
    It’s Anyhow!!! A N Y H O W!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Watching Callum Paterson playing right back against us yesterday, it's crazy to think that he was our first choice centre forward for much of our last premier league season.
    gave 100%, but was never up to the job where ever he was played

but a trier everyone loved a trier

the save Alnwick made from the Windass header had a post shot xg of 0.88

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    gave 100%, but was never up to the job where ever he was played

but a trier everyone loved a trier
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the save Alnwick made from the Windass header had a post shot xg of 0.88
    I don't really understand xg stats - does that mean you'd expect it to go in 88% of the time?

I think Alsopp would have just watched that header go in. Alnwick has his faults but he looks a far better shot stopper than Alsopp.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not on today’s evidence for me. Thought he was a bit too eager to please and this led to some errors which might have proved costly on another day, but there was a lot that was encouraging and he has only had a week to get used to the place after all. I’m not sure he’ll ever be a “game changer” in the way I was understanding the term (someone who wins matches with moments of brilliance), but, once he gets his bearings, I’m pretty sure he’ll improve the team.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person whose not convinced.

He played like someone who has severe ADHD some of the positions he asked for the ball and nearly lost it was giving me kittens. His passing was pretty poor too.

He's a crowd pleaser though, diving in and getting involved with the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I don't really understand xg stats - does that mean you'd expect it to go in 88% of the time?
    Seems you do understand it! Yep that's basically what it means a header from that position would go in 88% of the time.

Note not that actual header necessarily (as it could have gone over the bar and would still be 0.88) so could mean the guy messed it up as well as it being a decent save.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person whose not convinced.

He played like someone who has severe ADHD some of the positions he asked for the ball and nearly lost it was giving me kittens. His passing was pretty poor too.

He's a crowd pleaser though, diving in and getting involved with the opposition.
    He could be a target for the wind up merchants, hope he keeps the aggression but with a touch more calmness and is able to keep a lid on any temper he has.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He could be a target for the wind up merchants, hope he keeps the aggression but with a touch more calmness and is able to keep a lid on any temper he has.
    Interestingly, he’s never been sent off in any of the games he’s played either at senior club or international level.

I’m glad others (including the manager) could see the flaws in his performance yesterday. The way some are talking it’s as if City have signed Luka Modric. He did well, but not as well as some are suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Interestingly, he’s never been sent off in any of the games he’s played either at senior club or international level.

I’m glad others (including the manager) could see the flaws in his performance yesterday. The way some are talking it’s as if City have signed Luka Modric. He did well, but not as well as some are suggesting.
    When Ryan Wintle has been the creative hub in Midfield, then this new bloke will feel like having Luka Modric in midfield I bet Wintle hoovers his carpet in straight lines. On a serious note, it's good we've got some energy out there, and a player prepared to take some responsibility. He may well end up being shit, but at least we can have some fun finding out

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Seems you do understand it! Yep that's basically what it means a header from that position would go in 88% of the time.

Note not that actual header necessarily (as it could have gone over the bar and would still be 0.88) so could mean the guy messed it up as well as it being a decent save.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Out of interest, what do you wear when you go to a football match?
    I think the expectations for a manager’s attire are higher than for the average fan in the stands. It sets an example of standards required. They should look like the guy in charge, not any old bloke who has strayed into the technical area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I think the expectations for a manager’s attire are higher than for the average fan in the stands. It sets an example of standards required. They should look like the guy in charge, not any old bloke who has strayed into the technical area.
    Wait until you see this beaut.

https://www.thickaccent.com/2022/10/...ewashed-jeans/

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

no, that would be xG, this was post shot xG, or psxG. which is only measured for on target shots, and takes into account where the shot is from, how hard it is hit and where in the goal it was aimed etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no, that would be xG, this was post shot xG, or psxG. which is only measured for on target shots, and takes into account where the shot is from, how hard it is hit and where in the goal it was aimed etc
    its all bollocks one of this weekends games had a height statall we need now is boot stat

The new fella alongside ralls , or a similar player , gives us a bit of presence in the front of the back four

I like that sort of formation

Prefer o dowda where he is as he's not a wing back