+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Re: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think last night’s game between the so called two best teams in the world told me I’m lost to modern day rugby - I kept on being told I was watching an epic and I was bored stiff. The game’s clearly moved on and left me behind.
    Isn’t that South African rugby for decades though? Attritional, power, wear the opposition down. I do agree that it was one of the worst games to watch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Isn’t that South African rugby for decades though? Attritional, power, wear the opposition down. I do agree that it was one of the worst games to watch so far.
    most boring so far

Think last night’s game between the so called two best teams in the world told me I’m lost to modern day rugby - I kept on being told I was watching an epic and I was bored stiff. The game’s clearly moved on and left me behind.
    I'm with you on this one Bob. I understand that from a rugby diehard's point of view this would be seen as an 'epic' but like you I think as a spectacle it was disappointing at best.

On last night's performance Ireland could go on and win it. I can't see France nor New Zealand giving them too many fears

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Interesting game. Thought South Africa were the far superior side. But some awful kicking and poor decision making by them has cost them. Haven't see the Irish pack beaten up like that for a long time, but they dug in and got the win.
    Had Ireland got the line out working right at the start they could have been up by double digits inside 15 minutes

Can fully agree here. The physical athletes that now play this game has turned it into a much less attractive on the eye spectacle for me as well

I wasn’t paying full attention at the time, but did the commentator say that South Africa didn’t have any backs among their substitutes? If that’s true, then I really hope they don’t retain their title because I can also remember how awful the last Lions tour was - the more the modern day South Africa wins, the worse it is for rugby’s future I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Ticket prices are pretty fair tbh I think, but yeah, waste of time. But a fun weekend in Lille etc no doubt.

You never know though. England v Chile is no different on paper to Wales v Portugal really but they were quite different games.
    Portugal are a better team than Chile, no way do Chile draw with Georgia & Portugal have players playing in France

Massive problem international rugby has is how little they promote the "lesser" nations, I think yesterday was the first time Chile played a "tier 1" nation that wasn't Argentina. Compare that to football where the likes of Liechtenstein will definitely get at least 2 games against a top side in every qualifying cycle. The likes of Chile & Portugal rock up to the World Cup totally unprepared as they don't play against the top teams

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Portugal are a better team than Chile, no way do Chile draw with Georgia & Portugal have players playing in France

Massive problem international rugby has is how little they promote the "lesser" nations, I think yesterday was the first time Chile played a "tier 1" nation that wasn't Argentina. Compare that to football where the likes of Liechtenstein will definitely get at least 2 games against a top side in every qualifying cycle. The likes of Chile & Portugal rock up to the World Cup totally unprepared as they don't play against the top teams
    Who were in their qualifying groups? Flatholm, Steepholm and one of the islands on Roath Park Lake?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Who were in their qualifying groups? Flatholm, Steepholm and one of the islands on Roath Park Lake?

The USA, Hong Kong and Kenya

I wasn’t paying full attention at the time, but did the commentator say that South Africa didn’t have any backs among their substitutes? If that’s true, then I really hope they don’t retain their title because I can also remember how awful the last Lions tour was - the more the modern day South Africa wins, the worse it is for rugby’s future I’d say.
    They usually put 6 forwards and 2 backs on the bench. Most other teams have a 5-3 split.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

The USA, Hong Kong and Kenya
    Well it's true

It's an utter farce

Those points totals equivalents would never happen in football

8 nil , 9 nil ?

It rarely happens

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They usually put 6 forwards and 2 backs on the bench. Most other teams have a 5-3 split.
    Think it must have been 7-1 because I definitely heard they had seven forward subs.

Think it must have been 7-1 because I definitely heard they had seven forward subs.
    You're right. The only forward not subbed was no7. The only back subbed was their scrum half.

Wales doing what’s needed, but Australia are very poor so far.

Good performance by Wales. Think Anscombes doing some really good things since coming on. We blew a good chance at the end there though. Rees zammit didn't seem to realise where the try line was. But really can't work out why they all charged in to try and shove him over, was always going to be held up. Recycle the ball there, against a stretched defence and we probably end up going in under the posts. Hopefully those lost 7 points won't end up being costly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it's true

It's an utter farce

Those points totals equivalents would never happen in football

8 nil , 9 nil ?

It rarely happens
    only to Sheffield United

only to Sheffield United
    Absolute Weston for Sludgie boy here 😂

only to Sheffield United
    1 game

Absolute cricket scores throughout each and every world cup in rugby

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Absolute Weston for Sludgie boy here 😂
    Do you want to be reminded of some of the numerous leatherings handed out in world cup rugby ?

The Sheffield result is a one off

1 game

Absolute cricket scores throughout each and every world cup in rugby
    Didn’t Bayern win something like 37-0 in a pre season friendly?

Didn’t Bayern win something like 37-0 in a pre season friendly?
    Against a team of wheelchairs

Against a team of wheelchairs
    Back to tonight’s game. Wales are giving the Aussies a right leathering

Back to tonight’s game. Wales are giving the Aussies a right leathering
    Absolutely

Semi Finals ?

Absolutely

Semi Finals ?
    you never know