+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wibble?
    TBG is a bit of a Linguist, Although he'd have to live Ten lifetimes even before he could get to grips with 'Key Stage 1' LOM-Glish.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Bring in mandatory voting for the 3.21 million voters . The current administration was elected by under 500k ffs how does that reflect democracy.
    Now this is something regardless of political opinions and agendas I would happily back. Some of the turnouts for elections in Wales have been pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Kier has a brain though.

Unlike the Tory Loons in Govt. 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Now this is something regardless of political opinions and agendas I would happily back. Some of the turnouts for elections in Wales have been pathetic.
    Why. ?I dont think ive ever voted in a Senedd election.

Why should I have to vote for any of them.?

I admit I would turn out if I thought there was the slightest chance of a Tory tw@t getting in. But that would just be #anyone but the Tories.

Why. ?I dont think ive ever voted in a Senedd election.

Why should I have to vote for any of them.?

I admit I would turn out if I thought there was the slightest chance of a Tory tw@t getting in. But that would just be #anyone but the Tories.
    Because it's embarrassing Wales is a democratically elected country with less than 40% of population consistently turning up to the polls.

Edit: For what it's worth, they could make it like the Australian system which I understand has an option to vote for nobody on the ballot paper, but you have to go. It makes people interested and gets them involved in political conversation if they have to or get fined.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    1) Not decided upon a whim at all - but an evidence based decision, that hasn't only been made here, but in a large number of other areas throughout the world.
    2) I doubt tis will have any significant effect on how the votes play out here.
    3) For what - to save lives!
    A whim, even you agreed the money could have been better used elsewhere everyone agreed that.

It could cost them in Westminster, the Red Blue Red walls are turning blue again, wouldn't it be crazy if the only thing stopping Labour was Drippys disaster alerting them of the desire to ban the car early

I would have bet anything on Newer Labour (same policies as Conservatives except earlier unpopular green measures) getting elected with a landslide, but now Drippy and Khans policies are frightening voters off, it could get a lot closer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Because it's embarrassing Wales is a democratically elected country with less than 40% of population consistently turning up to the polls.

Edit: For what it's worth, they could make it like the Australian system which I understand has an option to vote for nobody on the ballot paper, but you have to go. It makes people interested and gets them involved in political conversation if they have to or get fined.
    Can't we have a vote to reverse the devolution and sack them all?

Leave would probably win this one!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I drove through Pentwyn, Rhyd-Y-Penau Road, Fidlas Road, Station Road, Heol Hir and Templeton Avenue yesterday, all at 20 mph.

Almost nodded off twice, 20mph is dangerous !!!!!
    You need to get down to allensbank rd, it’s another level of slow with the new cycle lanes and lights that you can never get through as there are no filters, you could easily get a 5 minute power knap…..

Kier has a brain though.

Unlike the Tory Loons in Govt. 🤣🤣🤣
    But he’s just another Tory or very posh slightly lefty

What has the current government in Wales done to promote tourism in the last two years , considering it’s around 12% employment and 5% GDP ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Can't we have a vote to reverse the devolution and sack them all?

Leave would probably win this one!
    You would like to go back to the days when Wales was ruled by a Secretary of State (who acted like a governor of a Roman Provence). More often than not it was an English Tory who used it to promote himself at the expense of Wales.

Who can forget John Redwood pretend to sing the Welsh national anthem, looking like Mr Bean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFP5MjUuzsg

You have frequently gone on about democracy, but was is more democratic, politicians elected by the citizens of Wales or a political ruler imposed by a Westminster government elected mostly by English voters?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What has the current government in Wales done to promote tourism in the last two years , considering it’s around 12% employment and 5% GDP ?
    Trying to kill it off by the looks, lots of holiday let’s selling up as they know they can’t let for the insane 182 days a year, it’s 70 days in England like it used to be here. Tourist tax too….

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Just a smidge of an escalation?
    700+ post thread about driving a little bit slower.

To be fair though I have learnt that some people have found that having to drive a bit slower will make your journey a little bit longer so it wasn't all hot air in here.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Trying to kill it off by the looks, lots of holiday let’s selling up as they know they can’t let for the insane 182 days a year, it’s 70 days in England like it used to be here. Tourist tax too….
    How many people, when considering where to go on their summer holiday, dismiss a potential destination because they'd have to pay a tourist tax?

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    But he’s just another Tory or very posh slightly lefty
    He was the civil rights lawyer who sued the government to demand that all illegal immigrants should get full benefits, which is now costing the government billions.
    I hope he is proud of himself.
    The same man who has a special government approved pension which means he can put as much as he wants into it while other people can't.
    The same man who was head of the public prosecutions office that failed to charge the sex rings in places like Bradford because it might be seen as racist.
    The same man who failed to charge Jimmy Saville.
    The same man who sat on the front bench with Jeremy Corbyn before he stabbed him in the back.
    The same man who fought tooth and nail in the commons to try to prevent the voted will of the people to leave the EU. Attempting to overturn a perfectly legal democratic vote.
    The same man who told the world that his father worked in a factory but conveniently forget to mention that he owned the factory.

etc. etc........

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They've lowered the speed in Wales on the motorway so it will take ages for visitors ages to get here.
    They've decided not to build any new roads so it will take ages to get here.
    They've scrapped the brynglas tunnel M4 Motorway by pass so it will take ages to get here.
    They've lowered the speed in residential areas, so unfamiliar visitors risk speeding points and £100 fines.
    They've tripled the council tax for 2nd homes, so the cost for Airbnb will have to go up to pay for it, and many are selling up.
    They've proposed a tourist tax.

You could say they've done wonders for the tourism industry

In Cornwall and Devon.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    You would like to go back to the days when Wales was ruled by a Secretary of State (who acted like a governor of a Roman Provence). More often than not it was an English Tory who used it to promote himself at the expense of Wales.

Who can forget John Redwood pretend to sing the Welsh national anthem, looking like Mr Bean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFP5MjUuzsg

You have frequently gone on about democracy, but was is more democratic, politicians elected by the citizens of Wales or a political ruler imposed by a Westminster government elected mostly by English voters?
    Yes please anything has got to be better than what we have!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He was the civil rights lawyer who sued the government to demand that all illegal immigrants should get full benefits, which is now costing the government billions.
    The same man who has a special government approved pension which means he can put as much as he wants into it while other people can't.
    The same man who was head of the public prosecutions office that failed to charge the sex rings in places like Bradford because it might be seen as racist.
    The same man who sat on the front bench with Jeremy Corbyn before he stabbed him in the back.
    The same man who fought tooth and nail in the commons to try to prevent the voted will of the people to leave the EU. Attempting to overturn a perfectly legal democratic vote.
    The same man who told the world that his father worked in a factory but conveniently forget to mention that he owned the factory.

etc. etc........
    Perhaps you need to bone up on Starmer on things such as the awful Saville affair. I’m not a massive fan of him but false accusations are a bit out of order.

etc. etc........
    What a load of lying crap.

etc. etc........
    WTF?

This site has gone to shit with posts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    700+ post thread about driving a little bit slower.

To be fair though I have learnt that some people have found that having to drive a bit slower will make your journey a little bit longer so it wasn't all hot air in here.
    It isn't just really about that though is it. It is about scrapping the whole Wales road building scheme, including the M4 relief road. Its about writing off £51m of our money that they gave away in LOANS to dodgy companies during Covid (which they will never get back). It is about the way that they have run the Wales NHS into the ground. It is about the shambolic way the Welsh Education system is run. It is about the way they handled Covid, including having a health minister who admitted that he never read any of the analysis/advice documents his department was given by the experts. It is about the dictatorial way they treat the people they are supposed to represent. And yet, after all this, there are still people that would vote for them, just to ‘keep the Tories out’.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It isn't just really about that though is it. It is about scrapping the whole Wales road building scheme, including the M4 relief road. It’s about writing off £51m of our money that they gave away in LOANS to dodgy companies during Covid (which they will never get back). It is about the way that they have run the Wales NHS into the ground. It is about the shambolic way the Welsh Education system is run. It is about the way they handled Covid, including having a health minister who admitted that he never read any of the analysis/advice documents his department was given by the experts. It is about the dictatorial way they treat the people they are supposed to represent. And yet, after all this, there are still people that would vote for them, just to ‘keep the Tories out’.
    You’re right. It isn’t really about that. It’s about causing a big distraction from the most inept, corrupt and discredited Westminster government in history whilst passing these same bandits off as our saviours from the dreaded Welsh Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You’re right. It isn’t really about that. It’s about causing a big distraction from the most inept, corrupt and discredited Westminster government in history whilst passing these same bandits off as our saviours from the dreaded Welsh Government.
    And by the looks of it loads more pollution, there’s me thinking he was big on the green issues too……on a side note seeing some mental fast driving now on roads that people know there’s no chance of cameras on, wedal rd is a good example of this……

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It isn't just really about that though is it.
    36 pages of people dismissing road safety statistics, and catastrophising about how this will collapse Welsh society as we know it , disagree with you sorry.

No need for 20 mph limit in central Cardiff, averaged 2 mph yesterday and missed first 10 minutes of the game.