+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Of all the awful things happening the world today and we have a 34 page thread, full of angry old men moaning about a law which asks them to drive a little slower and safer. Safer for our elderly and children. Get a feckin life the lot of you.
    This is literally the angriest post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's clear that the changes needed won't happen until that lot are gone or are safely drooling in their chairs (not too long to go though based on some of the evidence at least). I dread to think how the youngest generation will look back on this but atleast that's nothing new.

Maybe a good olde “World War 3” would sort them out !!!!
    I think support for 20mph is highest amongst the elderly isn't it. So your theory is pretty flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think support for 20mph is highest amongst the elderly isn't it. So your theory is pretty flawed.
    Na, I started writing a full explanation, but deleted it as I realised you wouldn’t understand it, it would have gone over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    The one thing I agree with Sunak on (but obviously for different reasons) is that the country isn't anywhere near ready to make the hard and uncomfortable decisions that will be needed in the coming years. We've got an entire entitled generation who have rarely had to sacrifice even an inch and who now see any small change as an attack on their freedom (and it's always 'their' freedom). Policies that say 'you making small changes with X would all add up to helping with Y' are never going to be accepted by these people and while I don't think they're quite the majority, they are often the loudest person in the room.

It's clear that the changes needed won't happen until that lot are gone or are safely drooling in their chairs (not too long to go though based on some of the evidence at least). I dread to think how the youngest generation will look back on this but atleast that's nothing new.
    Oh come on, all they’re doing is asking for the freedom to do whatever they want……………………..

and bugger the consequences for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, I started writing a full explanation, but deleted it as I realised you wouldn’t understand it, it would have gone over your head.
    I doubt it would have. Based on your recent posts I think I have a better grasp of understanding people's views on this matter than you tbh, which seems to be one of stamping feet.

The one thing I agree with Sunak on (but obviously for different reasons) is that the country isn't anywhere near ready to make the hard and uncomfortable decisions that will be needed in the coming years. We've got an entire entitled generation who have rarely had to sacrifice even an inch and who now see any small change as an attack on their freedom (and it's always 'their' freedom). Policies that say 'you making small changes with X would all add up to helping with Y' are never going to be accepted by these people and while I don't think they're quite the majority, they are often the loudest person in the room.

Do you think this may be a rather dramatic escalation to the reality that most just want to see a return to the speed limits that we had in place a couple of weeks ago?

Just a smidge of an escalation?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh come on, all they’re doing is asking for the freedom to do whatever they want……………………..

and bugger the consequences for anyone else.
    Who has asked for there to be no consequences to speeding?

The debate is about the limit.

If I say the safe driving limit on some roads should be 30, and others say 20 that doesn't mean there is dispute that people exceeding the limits shouldn't be held responsible for it. It's a dispute over the limit itself.

The invention of strawmen in debates is so frustrating, but always illuminating.

Do you think this may be a rather dramatic escalation to the reality that most just want to see a return to the speed limits that we had in place a couple of weeks ago?

Just a smidge of an escalation?
    People got the arse in their hands when the 70mph speed limit was introduced, they won't go back as a bad reaction to limits is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    People got the arse in their hands when the 70mph speed limit was introduced, they won't go back as a bad reaction to limits is nothing new.
    I agree, it will be hard to go back now, although Lee Waters himself did say he expected some councils to do so, but I think that was him just trying to shift some responsibility on

International

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    maybe you need to get the message 30 is not a target its the maximum allowed
    It should be the minimum on a lot of the wider safe 20mph roads around here.

International

This is literally the angriest post on here.
    Ha ha true

International

Mind you this one pretty angry too, he wants anyone over 25 dead.

International

If I say the safe driving limit on some roads should be 30, and others say 20 that doesn't mean there is dispute that people exceeding the limits shouldn't be held responsible for it. It's a dispute over the limit itself.

The invention of strawmen in debates is so frustrating, but always illuminating.
    Wait till Drakeford bans blogging, he'll be doing a 55 pager on his own, it's easy not to care when something doesn't affect you.

Im making a general observation about the, Thatcherite, “I, me, mine” generation (the generation that I often feel ashamed to belong to) who are now at, or reaching, retirement age and yet they’re being pandered to at the expense of people younger than them - the furore kicked up by some about a reduction in the speed limit being symptomatic of the sense of entitlement a lot of youngsters accuse us sixty pluses of having.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wait till Drakeford bans blogging, he'll be doing a 55 pager on his own, it's easy not to care when something doesn't affect you.

On balance, I’m against the 20 mph speed limit, but I’m not letting it dominate my day from the moment I wake up to the second I nod off like some others are doing.

Let's boot Labour out, construct a chamber which enforces a broad coaltion of parties .

Bring in mandatory voting for the 3.21 million voters . The current administration was elected by under 500k ffs how does that reflect democracy.

Allow the electrate to vote for AM and First Minster at the same time .

Any petition over a million has to.be acted on not just discussed.

First Ministers to be deselected if half the population in Wales petion WAG.

Or just get rid of the lot and stop the £19.5m per yesr on top of the Senedd's existing budget of £67m. Per fecking year yep per year

How many hospitals would that build or provide how many extra Teachers and Police ???

We talk about Westminster waste my god we're trying to catch up..

Hypocrisy at its best ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's boot Labour out, construct a chamber which enforces a broad coaltion of parties .

Bring in mandatory voting for the 3.21 million voters . The current administration was elected by under 500k ffs how does that reflect democracy.

Allow the electrate to vote for AM and First Minster at the same time .

Any petition over a million has to.be acted on not just discussed.

First Ministers to be deselected if half the population in Wales petion WAG.

Or just get rid of the lot and stop the £19.5m per yesr on top of the Senedd's existing budget of £67m. Per fecking year yep per year

How many hospitals would that build or provide how many extra Teachers and Police ???

We talk about Westminster waste my god we're trying to catch up..

Hypocrisy at its best ..

Wibble?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Im making a general observation about the, Thatcherite, “I, me, mine” generation (the generation that I often feel ashamed to belong to) who are now at, or reaching, retirement age and yet they’re being pandered to at the expense of people younger than them - the furore kicked up by some about a reduction in the speed limit being symptomatic of the sense of entitlement a lot of youngsters accuse us sixty pluses of having.
    Yeah, fair point, although I'm not sure that applies here. I'm not sure those signing the petition have any relationship to Thatcherism (far higher numbers have signed it in the valleys than rural Wales for example) and I don't think it's an older generation thing either. I think older generations generally are more supportive of the 20mph thing as they perhaps have more time on their hands on a day to day basis.

I can see why people are pissed off about it tbh. People lead busy lives and any intervention that seems pointless to them is going to cause resentment

I drove through Pentwyn, Rhyd-Y-Penau Road, Fidlas Road, Station Road, Heol Hir and Templeton Avenue yesterday, all at 20 mph.

Almost nodded off twice, 20mph is dangerous !!!!!

International

Still going

448,485 signatures against

Decided upon on a whim, very daft this will cost Labour a lot of votes and for what?

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petit..._ghzXUbI5QtPSE

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wibble?
    I knew I'd draw out an usual lefties intellect comment they hate democracy.

You live in Ingerlund so.not much to do with you .

Sort our yer fraudulent Sheffield Labour, and then comment .

Still going

448,485 signatures against

Decided upon on a whim, very daft this will cost Labour a lot of votes and for what?

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petit..._ghzXUbI5QtPSE
    It won't they'd vote Labour if they stopped serving beer here in Wales .

Brext vote proved that, all the alleged lefties who came out to vote to leave in big numbers then voted Labour in the next GE , even knowing Sir Bier was desperately to remain ..

Now there all going to vote for BlairKier Tory party FFS...

Boris was more left than Sir Bier.

You couldn't make it up.

I knew I'd draw out an usual lefties intellect comment they hate democracy.

You live in Ingerlund so.not much to do with you .

Sort our yer fraudulent Sheffield Labour, and then comment .
    Wibble?

1) Not decided upon a whim at all - but an evidence based decision, that hasn't only been made here, but in a large number of other areas throughout the world.
    2) I doubt tis will have any significant effect on how the votes play out here.
    3) For what - to save lives!

It won't they'd vote Labour if they stopped serving beer here in Wales .

Brext vote proved that, all the alleged lefties who came out to vote to leave in big numbers then voted Labour in the next GE , even knowing Sir Bier was desperately to remain ..

Now there all going to vote for BlairKier Tory party FFS...

Boris was more left than Sir Bier.

You couldn't make it up.
    Kier has a brain though.

Unlike the Tory Loons in Govt. 🤣🤣🤣