+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: And it's goodnight from me

Re: And it's goodnight from me

Sort yourself out you soppy ponce

Do you think we beat those cocky Ipswich tarts on Saturday but hiding behind the sofa ?

Drop and give me 20

“Drop and give me 20” 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Then why bother?
    Because I used to be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think Eric knows there’s a 79.14578% chance he’ll reverse this decision in the fullness of time.
    79.14579 surely??

Eric, I hope after some reflection you’ll reconsider. Your contributions have always given a different dimension to this board.

In the 3 years that I lived in Poland, this board was always my default, to get the varied fan views, rather than the sterile club releases or the journo bullshit. I agree that the constant petty bickering spoils the board but I’ve just learnt to tune it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Eric, I hope after some reflection you’ll reconsider. Your contributions have always given a different dimension to this board.

In the 3 years that I lived in Poland, this board was always my default, to get the varied fan views, rather than the sterile club releases or the journo bullshit. I agree that the constant petty bickering spoils the board but I’ve just learnt to tune it out.
    He'll be back, it was a late evening post probably fuelled by a couple of drinks

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Tiresome idiots who post different opinions to you ( which usually turn out to be true)

I thought the beauty of this forum was that fact that all opinions are subjective and welcome.

Have you considered knocking it on the head ?
    I don't have a problem with people posting opinions different to me. As a matter of interest what I have posted that has turned out to be untrue? I hope you aren't one of the tiresome posters to whom I refer i.e. those who assign comments to me that I have never made,
    Wales-Bale and truthpaste being two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't have a problem with people posting opinions different to me. As a matter of interest what I have posted that has turned out to be untrue? I hope you aren't one of the tiresome posters to whom I refer i.e. those who assign comments to me that I have never made,
    Wales-Bale and truthpaste being two of them.
    Direct quotations of mine appreciated, thanks. I'm happy being held to account for what I have indeed expressed on here.

Direct quotations of mine appreciated, thanks. I'm happy being held to account for what I have indeed expressed on here.
    Direct quotations , get real there are literally dozens of snide comments on this forum aimed at people with different opinions to yours on here , perhaps you’re one of the reasons people get upset and want to pack it in.

I’ll tell you what the next time I see one from you I’ll create a thread about it if that’s easier.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Direct quotations , get real there are literally dozens of snide comments on this forum aimed at people with different opinions to yours on here , perhaps you’re one of the reasons people get upset and want to pack it in.

I’ll tell you what the next time I see one from you I’ll create a thread about it if that’s easier.
    Snide comments and different opinions are different from outright lies. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp.

I would be interested to know of anyone who has given up posting on here on my behalf but if you know any such person, please do tell

Eric, I'm so sorry to see you go. I really enjoyed your posts and the associated stats.

No point in withdrawing your services completely

Post less , dip in less frequently

Go round the world with the family and come back refreshed ?

Eric! Listen to Sludge! He’s on the money! 👍

I know it was the Oscars on Sunday but jesus wept, Eric. If youre not going to post anymore, just dont post anymore. Simple.

Im surprised youve lasted 20 years with skin this thin.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I know it was the Oscars on Sunday but jesus wept, Eric. If youre not going to post anymore, just dont post anymore. Simple.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sort yourself out you soppy ponce

Do you think we beat those cocky Ipswich tarts on Saturday but hiding behind the sofa ?

Drop and give me 20
    The board is getting more positive, Bulut and the team are improving, and that sort of change is not for everyone, I'm not saying Eric, but a lot of posters prefer posting when we are doing badly, they like to moan about the football.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The board is getting more positive, Bulut and the team are improving, and that sort of change is not for everyone, I'm not saying Eric, but a lot of posters prefer posting when we are doing badly, they like to moan about the football.
    As opposed to moaning about the people who moan about the football 🙌😛

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

You just got thick-skinned and cynical after that fly-fishing book of yours bombed.

As opposed to moaning about the people who moan about the football 🙌😛
    And the people who moan about the people who moan about the people who moan about other people and their to have children - splitters the lot of you

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    And the people who moan about the people who moan about the people who moan about other people and their to have children - splitters the lot of you
    🍻👊

Smile Re: And it's goodnight from me

Snide comments and different opinions are different from outright lies. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp.

I would be interested to know of anyone who has given up posting on here on my behalf but if you know any such person, please do tell
    Out right lies like what….( even our own politicians in the echelons of power, lie ) care to point them out , and if you can point them out will be offered a counter argument- that’s how a message-board works.

As far as I’m aware you just don’t appear like posters who have different opinions on what you want to hear. If you don’t like what’s being posted then just ignore it.

Besides , as another poster pointed out it’s a football message-board, I think this would be the last place I’d come for facts and evidence based analysis if you’re that put out.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I find the psychology of board mood quite fascinating, and I am not being facetious when I say this. But board psychology mirrors human psychology in general. You can draw parallells from all walks of life as a reference point for comparison,

In the financial trading world, we have what are called Pollyannas and Cassandras. Or Perma-Bulls and Perma-Bears. In that order, it means permanently optimisitc or permanently pessimistic. The best traders are those with mental flexibility to smell the change of the wind, and switch their positions to take advantage of it. The pessimists don’t take enough risk and live in fear. Fear of letting go. Fear of being wrong. Often referenced by childhood, poor work experience, self-doubt, imposter syndrome or sometimes just a mental block due to stress. The over-optimists have a good run for a while then blow out as they believe good times last forever. This is all about people’s decision-making systems in general. It applies to people’s work, life decisions, investments and even forecasts for their football team. You see the same here.

Often civil servants make the worst traders or forecasters. Because their training and work experience tells them to avoid risk, tick every box, all historic quantitative data must be perfect, their arse must be covered so they don’t put their neck out with a big call, afraid to go against consensus, everything must be lined up, and checks and balances all perfect. They cannot deal with uncertainty, or take risk based decisions, or risk-reward decisions which have gaps and require thoughts around probability rather than perfection. All the quantitative data (high volume data sets such as seasonal, but backward looking) must be lined up to confirm the decision, but qualitative / Bayesian (low volume of data points, but often more recent and more reliable leading indicators) will be dismissed as “not enough evidence”. Lawyers suffer from the same problem.

It is no surprise that when people retire and go on trading / invesmtent courses to learn to trade or
    invest their own money, it is ex-civil servants, ex-lawyers and mathematicians (that will surprise people!) that are the worst performers. They neef everything to be perfect and obvious before they can make the call, or take a big decision. Former business people, engineers, or people who have worked in various sectors often perform the best and make the transition to trading.

Here on this board, you can see the same behaviours and same methods, from similar characters. It is former or existing civil servants that remain in their trenches. There is a lack of mental flexibility. So negative, they dig a trench in case their main trench fails as a defensive retreat! That is Ok. This is their natural character so they shouldn’t be mocked, but it should be observed. Like perma-bear or perma-bull traders, until they are willing to open up, seek therapy or psychological coaching it is too entrenched to change. It is a fixed mindset.

It is not a criticism of them as they are wired a set way and a product of their upbringing or work environments, where their behaviours are re-inforced by their peers or work culture. But they will only believe we can make top six once we are in the top six. “Ooh look, the data tells me that we could finish in the top six” isn’t very usefup nor revealing if you are already there. The real skill was predicting it before you got there, not confirming what has already happened, and being expected to be celebrated like Mystic Meg.

These days I coach graduates on decision-making systems and it is satisfying to see them get there, as it helps them make better decisions in life. But the messageboard is beautiful in the sense that it mirrors people’s decision making systems in everyday life. It’s a fascinating thing to observe.

You just got thick-skinned and cynical after that fly-fishing book of yours bombed.
    Not true. I was born cynical.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I find the psychology of board mood quite fascinating, and I am not being facetious when I say this. But board psychology mirrors human psychology in general. You can draw parallells from all walks of life as a reference point for comparison,

In the financial trading world, we have what are called Pollyannas and Cassandras. Or Perma-Bulls and Perma-Bears. In that order, it means permanently optimisitc or permanently pessimistic. The best traders are those with mental flexibility to smell the change of the wind, and switch their positions to take advantage of it. The pessimists don’t take enough risk and live in fear. Fear of letting go. Fear of being wrong. Often referenced by childhood, poor work experience, self-doubt, imposter syndrome or sometimes just a mental block due to stress. The over-optimists have a good run for a while then blow out as they believe good times last forever. This is all about people’s decision-making systems in general. It applies to people’s work, life decisions, investments and even forecasts for their football team. You see the same here.

Often civil servants make the worst traders or forecasters. Because their training and work experience tells them to avoid risk, tick every box, all historic quantitative data must be perfect, their arse must be covered so they don’t put their neck out with a big call, afraid to go against consensus, everything must be lined up, and checks and balances all perfect. They cannot deal with uncertainty, or take risk based decisions, or risk-reward decisions which have gaps and require thoughts around probability rather than perfection. All the quantitative data (high volume data sets such as seasonal, but backward looking) must be lined up to confirm the decision, but qualitative / Bayesian (low volume of data points, but often more recent and more reliable leading indicators) will be dismissed as “not enough evidence”. Lawyers suffer from the same problem.

It is no surprise that when people retire and go on trading / invesmtent courses to learn to trade or
    invest their own money, it is ex-civil servants, ex-lawyers and mathematicians (that will surprise people!) that are the worst performers. They neef everything to be perfect and obvious before they can make the call, or take a big decision. Former business people, engineers, or people who have worked in various sectors often perform the best and make the transition to trading.

Here on this board, you can see the same behaviours and same methods, from similar characters. It is former or existing civil servants that remain in their trenches. There is a lack of mental flexibility. So negative, they dig a trench in case their main trench fails as a defensive retreat! That is Ok. This is their natural character so they shouldn’t be mocked, but it should be observed. Like perma-bear or perma-bull traders, until they are willing to open up, seek therapy or psychological coaching it is too entrenched to change. It is a fixed mindset.

It is not a criticism of them as they are wired a set way and a product of their upbringing or work environments, where their behaviours are re-inforced by their peers or work culture. But they will only believe we can make top six once we are in the top six. “Ooh look, the data tells me that we could finish in the top six” isn’t very usefup nor revealing if you are already there. The real skill was predicting it before you got there, not confirming what has already happened, and being expected to be celebrated like Mystic Meg.

These days I coach graduates on decision-making systems and it is satisfying to see them get there, as it helps them make better decisions in life. But the messageboard is beautiful in the sense that it mirrors people’s decision making systems in everyday life. It’s a fascinating thing to observe.
    Ha ha spot on, it influences the way they vote also, you only have to read a few football posts to know which way people will most likley vote.

Ps is it time to take profits from US tech and Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

I think that there should be an agreed maximum length of post. I went away and had a cup of tea and when I came back this one was still going !! 😄