+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Don't let yesterday fool you.

  1. #1

    Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Bukut will want to sign "experienced" players in the summer. I was happy to see Ashford get a full game and Giles and Conte get on, but he's had a few games to do this now and stuck with Bowler etc. hand was forced, its not a sign of change.

    The football won't change, he's played this way his whole managerial career.

    if they do get 3 minutes here and there during a full season they'll have any enthusiasm coached out of them, I get it that modern players chase back, you see Cole Palmer and Phil Foden etc working their socks off, but it doesnt stifle their creativity, no such luxury under Bulut.

    People are scared of change because they're unsure what will come ext, under Bulut we KNOW we're getting 41 boring games with a random 5 "exciting" games randomly placed throughout the season.

  2. #2

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    And there was me enjoying a positive display and Man U falling apart.😂😂😂

  3. #3

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Bukut will want to sign "experienced" players in the summer. I was happy to see Ashford get a full game and Giles and Conte get on, but he's had a few games to do this now and stuck with Bowler etc. hand was forced, its not a sign of change.

    The football won't change, he's played this way his whole managerial career.

    if they do get 3 minutes here and there during a full season they'll have any enthusiasm coached out of them, I get it that modern players chase back, you see Cole Palmer and Phil Foden etc working their socks off, but it doesnt stifle their creativity, no such luxury under Bulut.

    People are scared of change because they're unsure what will come ext, under Bulut we KNOW we're getting 41 boring games with a random 5 "exciting" games randomly placed throughout the season.
    https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M?si=AOkNBKidr3F-1w_H

  4. #4

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Bukut will want to sign "experienced" players in the summer. I was happy to see Ashford get a full game and Giles and Conte get on, but he's had a few games to do this now and stuck with Bowler etc. hand was forced, its not a sign of change.

    The football won't change, he's played this way his whole managerial career.

    if they do get 3 minutes here and there during a full season they'll have any enthusiasm coached out of them, I get it that modern players chase back, you see Cole Palmer and Phil Foden etc working their socks off, but it doesnt stifle their creativity, no such luxury under Bulut.

    People are scared of change because they're unsure what will come ext, under Bulut we KNOW we're getting 41 boring games with a random 5 "exciting" games randomly placed throughout the season.
    This. All day long.

  5. #5

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And there was me enjoying a positive display and Man U falling apart.������
    I am more than happy a few got minutes, its what ive been banging on for for ages, and it is a positive, you are spot on, im just not gonna let Bulut have my pants down. He's not fooling me.

    I saw united 3 up and put Fallout on, cheers for the score update ive got it back on

  6. #6

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    This. All day long.
    If this was a breakout moment I'd be excited, but you've got to look at the entire picture and he just doesn't favour youth, neither does his style suite them.

  7. #7

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    The kids can have their fun in the cup games - league football when there’s something at stake is serious stuff for twenty nine year olds.

  8. #8

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The kids can have their fun in the cup games - league football when there’s something at stake is serious stuff for twenty nine year olds.
    Can't wait for next seasons league cup game v Stevenage where we throw Joel Colwill on at wing back "to ease him in" to the mens game

  9. #9

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Donít forget this thread when he gets his contract renewal today.

    Dead rubber game and we have a line up including loaned players and the same boring negative formations.

    Get this guy out.

  10. #10

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Madness. I looked on flash scores app as I was downstairs cooking and just let out a sigh.

    He was forced to play them the other week.

    As others have pointed out Lawlor could have had a place on the bench ahead of McGuinness, theres no point having O'Dowda on the bench, does Conte offer less than Romeo? I don't mind Tanner at LB , but would Wintle have minded if J Colwill got on ahead of him for one meaningless game? I say meaningless but it means the absolute world to these youngsters, now they're waiting 60 mins to see how long they get, at best they can hope to get on at half time but if he does make half time subs it'll be one, two at a push the rest will come after 60 mins.

  11. #11

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    I've yo-yo'd in my opinion on Bulut - can you argue against a significant improvement in points/position from last season, and then I read about McKenna and his philosophy on how football should be played. What it boils down to is managers have their idea on how the game should be played, and rarely change. I was hoping that Bulut was adopting a more pragmatic approach this season and next season we would play a different way, but I think I'm deluding myself. He's probably thinking that if we let in 10 fewer goals next season playing the same way that might give us 10 more points and a shot at 6th place. I think it's time we deserve better..

  12. #12

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I've yo-yo'd in my opinion on Bulut - can you argue against a significant improvement in points/position from last season, and then I read about McKenna and his philosophy on how football should be played. What it boils down to is managers have their idea on how the game should be played, and rarely change. I was hoping that Bulut was adopting a more pragmatic approach this season and next season we would play a different way, but I think I'm deluding myself. He's probably thinking that if we let in 10 fewer goals next season playing the same way that might give us 10 more points and a shot at 6th place. I think it's time we deserve better..
    Can't argue against facts, no, but you can look at other facts and determine a likely outcome if those facts continue..

    We've conceded 5 goals 2 times, 4 goals 4 times, 3 goals 7 times, and 2 goals 12 times. Thats 25 games conceding 2 or more. With a defensive approach.

    We struggle to score unless its a deflected shot or set piece or the odd moment of individual skill.

    The midfield is so slow and they struggle to pass, probably because of the fact the attacking players are all back defending.

    There is more bad than good imo, I appreciate others will disagree. The only good thing is our false league position and the lucky wis we have on the board, wins are wins however they come (another fact) but it isn't sustainable over a prolonged period to play this way.


    The club are being short sighted, swapping long term success and a healthier club down the line for short term success NOW.

    It'll end in tears.

    If Tan used his noggin he would realise its cheaper long term to play your own academy graduates, subsidised by quality loans and a few shrewd experienced signings 24-28 I think we could end up with a decent team. Let the cannon fodder and squad fillers go.

    But you need word from upstairs the guy doing all this has the time and he won't get sacked for a few bad results, and the deal is he plays and brings through more youth. If Tan is losing all these millions per year surely it's in his own interests to have a better run club?

    Bring in someone to deal with contracts, this cannot be up to a manager whoever it is. 2 year deals with options if they reach certain targets like games played, the ones that are no good don't end up costing us in keeping them, riskier ones do a year with the same performance related incentives. We are stuck with Romeo for another year, Wintle and Ralls have new deals etc. Utter Madness.

    Incoming manager to have a philosophy which aligns with the clubs, making any sacking a more straightforward process as you're not ripping it all up to go again when the one year wonder gets a new deal and inevitably flops in the CCFC way.

  13. #13

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    No takers?

  14. #14

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    No takers?
    Look at all the wins.....

  15. #15

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Look at all the wins.....
    Thought you'd have a better go at responding. What an utter disappointment you turned out to be.

  16. #16

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    What's worrying is we're already hearing talk of some of the 'experienced players' being sold. Okay, it could just be the club bigging up their men, but when I hear that the likes of Ng and Colwill are in line for transfers, I wonder what Bulut is thinking. They're not just two of our best players, but two of the fans' favourites as well. Okay, I get that he may need cash to invest, but seriously?

  17. #17

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    What's worrying is we're already hearing talk of some of the 'experienced players' being sold. Okay, it could just be the club bigging up their men, but when I hear that the likes of Ng and Colwill are in line for transfers, I wonder what Bulut is thinking. They're not just two of our best players, but two of the fans' favourites as well. Okay, I get that he may need cash to invest, but seriously?
    If he stays, Iím pretty sure Bulut would be content to see Colwill go as he doesnít really know what to do with him.

  18. #18

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If he stays, I’m pretty sure Bulut would be content to see Colwill go as he doesn’t really know what to do with him.
    And he doesn't rate him, he isn't his type of player, although i reckon that quite a few managers would have problems with Colwill, he is very unique.

  19. #19

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If he stays, I’m pretty sure Bulut would be content to see Colwill go as he doesn’t really know what to do with him.
    He would rather Wintle in the 10

  20. #20

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If he stays, I’m pretty sure Bulut would be content to see Colwill go as he doesn’t really know what to do with him.
    Colwill's an attacker so it's obvious Bulut doesn't know what to do with him

    Has Bulut ever set up a side to go on the attack from the start of a league match? In 46 attempts in this country I don't think he has and his record abroad is just as bad.

  21. #21

    Re: Don't let yesterday fool you.

    Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Colwill's an attacker so it's obvious Bulut doesn't know what to do with him

    Has Bulut ever set up a side to go on the attack from the start of a league match? In 46 attempts in this country I don't think he has and his record abroad is just as bad.
    Strangely enough, we came flying out of the traps against Ipswich at home whereas we were our usual very cautious selves in the opening stages at Cardiff City Stadium against Rotherham, Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •