+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Season ticket cards

  1. #1

    Season ticket cards

    Have to have new ones (Why??) ...
    ...coming up as £15 each!?
    Is that right??
    Rip-off if we can't avoid it.

  2. #2

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Have to have new ones (Why??) ...
    ...coming up as £15 each!?
    Is that right??
    Rip-off if we can't avoid it.
    Photograph on them, you can put it on your phone (if you have one) for a measly £5

    Cancelling mine as can’t be arsed

  3. #3

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Photograph on them, you can put it on your phone (if you have one) for a measly £5

    Cancelling mine as can’t be arsed
    Tont, youve put up with years of shit on the pitch now give up due to technology?

  4. #4

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Tont, youve put up with years of shit on the pitch now give up due to technology?
    Not my world !

    Packed up following Wales for the same reason.

    Real football fans want paper/card tickets to collect

  5. #5

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not my world !

    Packed up following Wales for the same reason.

    Real football fans want paper/card tickets to collect
    Unfortunately thatís the way most things are going , Iím sure in the next few years you will have a digital wallet for everything from driving licence , passport , medical records , banking documents etc etc

    Cashless transactions will also become the norm although I assume digital transactions from the top bods will ďgo missing ď

    Personally Iíve no problem with it as most data is cloud based held anyway and easily retrievable (unless itís government wants app messaging)

  6. #6

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not my world !

    Packed up following Wales for the same reason.

    Real football fans want paper/card tickets to collect
    Should be able to have the option.

  7. #7

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Unfortunately that’s the way most things are going , I’m sure in the next few years you will have a digital wallet for everything from driving licence , passport , medical records , banking documents etc etc

    Cashless transactions will also become the norm although I assume digital transactions from the top bods will “go missing “

    Personally I’ve no problem with it as most data is cloud based held anyway and easily retrievable (unless it’s government wants app messaging)
    There is an app called Vicarda, they use it on the railway now so you don't even have to have your competence card on your person, it can be scanned off your phone. It's the way the world is going.

  8. #8

    Re: Season ticket cards

    What does any of this mean ?

    Personally I’ve no problem with it as most data is cloud based held anyway and easily retrievable (unless it’s government wants app messaging)

  9. #9

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What does any of this mean ?

    Personally Iíve no problem with it as most data is cloud based held anyway and easily retrievable (unless itís government wants app messaging)
    Almost everything Digital is is backed up to cloud storage, so it's easier to retrieve lost data ,probably better for people in the long term. Iíve no idea who owns the Cloud storage system though but it isnít me or you.

  10. #10

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Almost everything Digital is is backed up to cloud storage, so it's easier to retrieve lost data ,probably better for people in the long term. I’ve no idea who owns the Cloud storage system though but it isn’t me or you.

    Nope ?

  11. #11

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Tangentially related: I went into two shops this weekend to get a price to adjust some curtains.

    Neither shop took card payments; cash only.

    I merrily walked to the cash machine to withdraw some lovely crisp bank notes - something I haven't done for so long.

  12. #12

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Have to have new ones (Why??) ...
    ...coming up as £15 each!?
    Is that right??
    Rip-off if we can't avoid it.
    Imho its there to stop people from getting physical cards that they can pass on to someone else if they cant make the game. Theyd much rather you have a non transferrable digital ticket.

  13. #13

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Imho its there to stop people from getting physical cards that they can pass on to someone else if they cant make the game. Theyd much rather you have a non transferrable digital ticket.
    If that is the aim of the club, then they have just eliminated a lot of season ticket holders.

    Fans who live away and can’t make night games, fans who work shifts, fans who are not in the best of health, might all not renew as they now cannot pass on their ticket.
    Should imagine there are loads of other reasons as well.

    Technology would have been passable if we were in the premier and getting crowds of 25/30,000 .

    14,000 in the championship, bad idea

  14. #14

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Imho its there to stop people from getting physical cards that they can pass on to someone else if they cant make the game. Theyd much rather you have a non transferrable digital ticket.
    Digital cards are transferable. If you delete it from your wallet then you can forward it to someone else to add to their wallet. After the someone else has used it reverse the process to get it back on your phone. The transfer is done from the ticketing website.

  15. #15

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Have to have new ones (Why??) ...
    ...coming up as £15 each!?
    Is that right??
    Rip-off if we can't avoid it.
    Basically a rip off and a BS excuse - why do i need to have a photo on my season ticket ? are they scared I may give my ticket to a mate if I cant make a game perhaps ?

    What was the real technical reason they cant use the existing tickets ? - I dont believe there is a bonafide tech reason - other than to add £15 to the price.

    Tickets on a phone - is that just the QR code or is the ticket tied to the phone ?

  16. #16

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Basically a rip off and a BS excuse - why do i need to have a photo on my season ticket ? are they scared I may give my ticket to a mate if I cant make a game perhaps ?

    What was the real technical reason they cant use the existing tickets ? - I dont believe there is a bonafide tech reason - other than to add £15 to the price.

    Tickets on a phone - is that just the QR code or is the ticket tied to the phone ?
    This, together with the £2.00 booking fee per ticket is putting many people off. A £2 booking fee for a digital ticket per person as an absolute joke of a charge.

    Season tickets sales are already the lowest for 10 years at the moment.The way itís going the club will soon be looking at sales around 10,000. All the good work they have done in increasing the fan base will evaporate using stealth charges such as these.

  17. #17

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This, together with the £2.00 booking fee per ticket is putting many people off. A £2 booking fee for a digital ticket per person as an absolute joke of a charge.

    Season tickets sales are already the lowest for 10 years at the moment.The way it’s going the club will soon be looking at sales around 10,000. All the good work they have done in increasing the fan base will evaporate using stealth charges such as these.
    think the biggest factor is we don't know who the Manager is going to be

    I,m holding off for now !

    Its all on you Tan /Board

  18. #18

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This, together with the £2.00 booking fee per ticket is putting many people off. A £2 booking fee for a digital ticket per person as an absolute joke of a charge.

    Season tickets sales are already the lowest for 10 years at the moment.The way itís going the club will soon be looking at sales around 10,000. All the good work they have done in increasing the fan base will evaporate using stealth charges such as these.
    The clubs prices are very good compared to our peers. It's one thing I can't really knock the club on.

    However I think they would be better off just incorporating the price into the ST price, as you say, these niggly fees here and there irritate people unnecessarily.

    I doubt the photo will be used unless they have concerns, for most people you will be able to pass on your cards to friends and family as usual, I don't see them asking everyone on entry or using facial recognition.

  19. #19

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If that is the aim of the club, then they have just eliminated a lot of season ticket holders.

    Fans who live away and canít make night games, fans who work shifts, fans who are not in the best of health, might all not renew as they now cannot pass on their ticket.
    Should imagine there are loads of other reasons as well.

    Technology would have been passable if we were in the premier and getting crowds of 25/30,000 .

    14,000 in the championship, bad idea
    Agree Tony, I live quite some distance away but purchase a season ticket as my commitment to the club . However I then regard that seat as mine for the season and if I want a family member or friend to use it if I canít make it I should be able to do that. Having said that Iím sure they will not be checking photos and to be honest the season tickets are very reasonably priced ( itís not much more than it was 15 years ago) so I donít mind paying the £15 for the card if itís a one off and I can use the card again in future seasons.

    Mind I paid for the ticket and card some weeks ago and emailed a photo and had no response as to whether that photo is acceptable or not

  20. #20

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The clubs prices are very good compared to our peers. It's one thing I can't really knock the club on.

    However I think they would be better off just incorporating the price into the ST price, as you say, these niggly fees here and there irritate people unnecessarily.

    I doubt the photo will be used unless they have concerns, for most people you will be able to pass on your cards to friends and family as usual, I don't see them asking everyone on entry or using facial recognition.
    Ah just read your post along the same lines as mine, yes agree with you

  21. #21

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree Tony, I live quite some distance away but purchase a season ticket as my commitment to the club . However I then regard that seat as mine for the season and if I want a family member or friend to use it if I canít make it I should be able to do that. Having said that Iím sure they will not be checking photos and to be honest the season tickets are very reasonably priced ( itís not much more than it was 15 years ago) so I donít mind paying the £15 for the card if itís a one off and I can use the card again in future seasons.

    Mind I paid for the ticket and card some weeks ago and emailed a photo and had no response as to whether that photo is acceptable or not
    The last card was a Ďone offí too. A photo card is obviously a way to discourage passing it on.

  22. #22

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This, together with the £2.00 booking fee per ticket is putting many people off. A £2 booking fee for a digital ticket per person as an absolute joke of a charge.

    Season tickets sales are already the lowest for 10 years at the moment.The way itís going the club will soon be looking at sales around 10,000. All the good work they have done in increasing the fan base will evaporate using stealth charges such as these.
    Put it this way - I am not purchasing until I know who the manager is. If they pull a Russell Slade stunt - I'll have a season off. I have already had the "your money / your life" emails - re I may not be able to get the same seat....really - i'll take a chance seeing that most of the seats around me are not ST's

  23. #23

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Didn't we have a season ticket card with a photo on some years back around the time we moved into the CCS or have I imagined that?

  24. #24

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Didn't we have a season ticket card with a photo on some years back around the time we moved into the CCS or have I imagined that?
    Yes we did

  25. #25

    Re: Season ticket cards

    Photos on ST’s again? I thought we had seen the last of this? Stinks of another Wayne Nash idea to piss fans off.

    If I buy a ticket for the theatre…or a gig, and can’t go, I give it to a friend, or family member.

    Nash won’t be happy until the stadium is half empty , and full of jobsworth stewards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •