Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
I've read it all, now. 5 draws is an incredibly low number of draws over the course of a season. The reason that figure is so low is because of the number of games we've turned around and won that would normally have been draws.

Complaining about not turning enough draws into wins is just hysterical. Maybe if we'd turned some of our defeats into draws we might have had more of a chance, but then so many have been by more than a goal, comebacks have been very unlikely.
Even when we had players who were approaching being natural goal-scorers we carved out individual points that looked unlikely, Leeds away (3-3) being a good example. And the confidence factor of a decent goal scorer getting a goal in the first 15 minutes and that confidence flowing down to all eleven players can't be underestimated. We've strived for most of this season without that.

Having said that, play-off success would have been disasterous; I am in my 58th season of following City and while I want to see them in the Premiership then we need to be ready, off the pitch as well as on it.
So let's trust that when we get success, we can sustain it.