+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

Re: Tan gives green light to Bulut contract talks

Wonder how long the talks will take. If they can't reach an agreement I assume they'll be starting from scratch with finding a replacement, which will then, from previous experience, take ages.
    When does the transfer window open?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    I've been 50/50 on him. To be fair to him he did the job and got us out of the muck of relegation battles and doing so with a transfer embargo hanging over our head.

However the football apart from the start of the season and the odd game has been poor and far to defensive. I think that's more on the lack of quality in the team has left him going to such a defensive structure to keep us ticking over.

Realistically we need investment in the summer but I just can't see that happening. We need long term structure and in my opinion looking to our academy to help add some quality where we just can't spend the money.

Bit of stability after the last few years is a least a positive.
    Another person towing this line. Does anyone have anything to back up that Bulut plays anything other than defensive safe football? Anyone?

We were generally playing better up to the wurzels home game. It’s strange that a game you lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up should make you feel positive, but I did after the game at Ipswich because we played some really nice stuff that day and Ipswich got lucky with two of their goals. However, that day also offered the first clue as to what was to come with Ollie Tanner taken off at half time with our manager making his dissatisfaction with him clear and other defensively minded substitutions. Aaron Ramsey was coming into form through September and he might have made a difference if he’d stayed fit, but in the month following the Swansea game, something went wrong and for the last six months, apart from the occasional game, we’ve been awful to watch even when winning. The way Bulut stuck to his favoured way of playing through our terrible November, December and January makes me think he’s not going to change his approach even if he’s given a decent amount to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were generally playing better up to the wurzels home game. It’s strange that a game you lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up should make you feel positive, but I did after the game at Ipswich because we played some really nice stuff that day and Ipswich got lucky with two of their goals. However, that day also offered the first clue as to what was to come with Ollie Tanner taken off at half time with our manager making his dissatisfaction with him clear and other defensively minded substitutions. Aaron Ramsey was coming into form through September and he might have made a difference if he’d stayed fit, but in the month following the Swansea game, something went wrong and for the last six months, apart from the occasional game, we’ve been awful to watch even when winning. The way Bulut stuck to his favoured way of playing through our terrible November, December and January makes me think he’s not going to change his approach even if he’s given a decent amount to spend.
    I agree with some of what you say, but unfortunately I gotta agree with Bulut about Tanner. In fact Tanner should be nowhere near playing in the championship, he’s another Ojo

I wouldn't get too excited if I were a Bulut fan, I remember last year when Tan had contract talks with Lamouchi at the end of the season. They didn't amount to anything and he disappeared - without a trace.

My guess is Tan will offer him less than he's on now, which I have heard is quite a lot, and he'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited if I were a Bulut fan, I remember last year when Tan had contract talks with Lamouchi at the end of the season. They didn't amount to anything and he disappeared - without a trace.

My guess is Tan will offer him less than he's on now, which I have heard is quite a lot, and he'll be gone.
    I’ve heard he’s going to be a lot more expensive this season as he wants to move his family here , so who knows what the actual nuances of the contract talks are. I suppose it’s none of our business, but as another poster mentioned it gives stability and at least we will keep our best defensive player , in Goutas also will mean we keep Siopis , who I feel will I improve on this season with the experience he’s gained this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Another person towing this line. Does anyone have anything to back up that Bulut plays anything other than defensive safe football? Anyone?
    looks like his Feberbahce and Alanyaspor sides scored an average of 2 goals a game, which is considerably better then his Cardiff side managed. no idea how he went about it though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looks like his Feberbahce and Alanyaspor sides scored an average of 2 goals a game, which is considerably better then his Cardiff side managed. no idea how he went about it though
    Alyanaspor scored sixty one in thirty four league games under Bulut and I make it fifty four in thirty league matches at Fenerbahçe - not sure that’s very high scoring for a team like Fenerbache, but that Alyanaspor figure is pretty good.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/erol...r/40285/plus/1 was looking at that last night and noticed what you say, perhaps easier with the better teams in the league? Not sure how to see the same stats for both clubs before and after to compare and get a better picture, they could have scored more without him!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve heard he’s going to be a lot more expensive this season as he wants to move his family here , so who knows what the actual nuances of the contract talks are. I suppose it’s none of our business, but as another poster mentioned it gives stability and at least we will keep our best defensive player , in Goutas also will mean we keep Siopis , who I feel will I improve on this season with the experience he’s gained this time around.
    You may find that moving his family is less expensive. The club are now probably paying for top hotel accommodation or an apartment, flights home phone roaming charges all his food etc. If he brings the family all that will stop. If it happens at ordinary contract levels I'd be petty confident it happens at Championship club manager level.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I have heard....

Righto.

I have heard he is not signing unless Vincent Tan sprinkles lucky rice around each corner flag, and the Lone Gunman is brought in as manager's mentor and deputy statistician. Oh, and Sludge to be responsible for coach 'music' on the away trips. Yes, I have heard all that!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have heard....

Righto.

I have heard he is not signing unless Vincent Tan sprinkles lucky rice around each corner flag, and the Lone Gunman is brought in as manager's mentor and deputy statistician. Oh, and Sludge to be responsible for coach 'music' on the away trips. Yes, I have heard all that!
    Have you got a grape vine?

I totally agree with that. We were so inconsistent, a lot of our wins came from playing poorly, we snatched a lot of 1 goal wins that we didn't really deserve. Bulut never seems to have a plan B, he plays the same formation and system ( with the exception of cup games, where he played midfielders in defence) I'm a bit old fashioned and not a fan of inverted wingers, they rarely threatened when they cut inside and the lack of decent cosses left our strikers starved of service. Plus his lack of faith in our most creative player Colwill.

Unless we significantly improve our squad I can see us not being so lucky with results next season and getting drawn into a relegation scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Have you got a grape vine?
    I haven't heard that!

International

I think teams started to suss out how to stop us, Bowler stopped being able to cut inside, and he did change to a more defensive approach around that time. Obviously the loss of key forward players also had an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have heard....

Righto.

I’ll make it simpler for you , someone I know well with Cardiff City told me this week about the Bulut situation. As it’s from an unofficial source, I thought it would be reasonable to post what I was told on an unofficial website.

It may have some legs , it may not, nobody knows the nuances of his protracted negotiations until they are officially released by official sources. What we do know is that talks have commenced.

Why don’t you wait until the official update from the club if it makes you happier. You know it makes sense , Rodney.

the contract was probably signed months ago, but they're leaving it until the last minute to announce it for the drama

the contract was probably signed months ago, but they're leaving it until the last minute to announce it for the drama
    It does happen occasionally, which has been discussed many many times , and if you watch back the interview with Nathaniel Philips he mentions something similar.

As I’ve said before I it’s what I was told by a good friend of mine regarding his son.

You don’t have to believe it though do you , after-all you your correct on everything particularly climate science right?

The fact that you keep talking about it shows you’re trying to hard. Is it an attention thing?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought you would pop up behind the depths of your keyboard

i see the BBC are picking up on the thread about his win percentages now

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think teams started to suss out how to stop us, Bowler stopped being able to cut inside, and he did change to a more defensive approach around that time. Obviously the loss of key forward players also had an impact.
    Which players were these? Ramsey had been out for a few games, O'Dowda even longer before Bulut changed things and went all defensive. Oddly, we were winning games without those two and playing some decent stuff, until he changed things, we found goals difficult to come by but shipped them in at the back at a higher rate than before.

I thought you would pop up behind the depths of your keyboard
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/me-2/?ut..._campaign=me-2

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Which players were these? Ramsey had been out for a few games, O'Dowda even longer before Bulut changed things and went all defensive. Oddly, we were winning games without those two and playing some decent stuff, until he changed things, we found goals difficult to come by but shipped them in at the back at a higher rate than before.
    Ramsey and O'Dowda, it took teams a few weeks to understand how much we were weaker without them and work out how to stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ramsey and O'Dowda, it took teams a few weeks to understand how much we were weaker without them and work out how to stop us.
    I'm weak reading this! In all the years of this board I've read some bullshit but this is right up there.

So professional footballers in one of the strongest divisions in world football can't spot weaknesses if certain players aren't there? Ever thought of stand up?