Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
I've no real interest in debating the issue. I'm an atheist. You aren't. I'm fine with that. However, the evidence - or rather the acceptance by non-Christian historians - you've provided is that Jesus existed. There's a big gap between the existence of a historical figure and what he's believed by Christians to have done during his short lifetime. Also, the existence of an empty tomb does not prove the resurrection. It merely proves that his tomb was empty.
"I've no real interest in debating the issue"
(Now that does sound really familiar!)

Yet you make an opening statement in any case...

If you dig a little deeper into Roman history then you would know that a soldier who lost a prisoner would pay with his own life. In the case of the tomb it was two soldiers due to the wave of influence Christ had already caused which was a major headache for the goverment.

Also with the resulting impossibility that the body was stolen and Christ was somehow removed to another location by Roman authorities, once his followers started claiming (along with local historians) that he was risen, then all Rome had to do was drag his body into the town square and prove their position.
So have you given any serious thought to this piece of history, or like many others here, are you simply hoping that Christ had no ability to raise Himself from the dead?