+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hitler.

Re: Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    About as helpful as yours. How many bodies have gone missing over the last 2000 odd years?
    Under these particular circumstances, none.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A book that was written to control the masses by those in control
    Apart from the Yanks most western educated countries are rejecting religion

It's no surprise that in poorly educated and poverty stricken areas religion still has a foothold

97 percent of scientists are not religious

Thank god

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But you are quoting a book again ......which everyone knows was written at different times by different people

At least 1500 years old

Why ?

Why should we believe anything in that book ?

It's less factual than a copy of the beano
    Unfortunately your denial is preventing you from looking OUTSIDE the Book, anyone who seriously does look at the evidence outside the Bible comes to the same conclusion as Gofer, Strobel, Morrison and McDowell, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Under these particular circumstances, none.
    There you go again, making claims you can't possibly prove.

Apart from the Yanks most western educated countries are rejecting religion

It's no surprise that in poorly educated and poverty stricken areas religion still has a foothold

97 percent of scientists are not religious

Thank god
    Which god are you thanking?

There you go again, making claims you can't possibly prove.
    So as you don't have any proof that Christ's body is still on earth, are you willing to consider the evidence from history found OUTSIDE the Bible?

So as you don't have any proof that Christ's body is still on earth, are you willing to consider the evidence from history found OUTSIDE the Bible?
    I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm pointing out that you aren't able to prove the things you believe.

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm pointing out that you aren't able to prove the things you believe.
    Correction, you are hoping there is no proof to prove your position invalid.
    Otherwise if you were confident your position was watertight, any further information would only verify your position and prove me wrong.

Otherwise if you were confident your position was watertight, any further information would only verify your position and prove me wrong.
    I'm really not. I don't have any interest in the subject and no particular knowledge of it. I've simply pointed out that every "fact" that you've offered is nothing of the sort. For example, the "proof" you offered for the resurrection adds up to "well what else could have happened?". That isn't proof.
    Anyway I'm off kayaking on the Wye. Enjoy your day and your faith.

I'm really not. I don't have any interest in the subject and no particular knowledge of it. I've simply pointed out that every "fact" that you've offered is nothing of the sort. For example, the "proof" you offered for the resurrection adds up to "well what else could have happened?". That isn't proof.
    Anyway I'm off kayaking on the Wye. Enjoy your day and your faith.
    Having watched Robin Friday, someone who didn't back down from any challenge, I think you may have been sold a fake spirit!
    Take care on the Wye.

Which god are you thanking?
    One of the inca, aborigine or native American Indian gods that they talked about thousands of years before the one you worship was invented

No he's not

He wants YOU to provide proof and facts

His position is one of nuance , don't know , not sure , please provide evidence

That's most people's view but eventually your lot grind us and wear us down and we turn into full on satanists

One of the inca, aborigine or native American Indian gods that they talked about thousands of years before the one you worship was invented
    So what makes their gods real and the God of the Bible an invention?

No he's not

He wants YOU to provide proof and facts

His position is one of nuance , don't know , not sure , please provide evidence

That's most people's view but eventually your lot grind us and wear us down and we turn into full on satanists
    And to save you the membership hassle, there's no need to enlist as a satanist to aid his cause. Simply keep Jesus Christ on your lips when you are surprised or angry and people will know exactly who you serve.

Ok, as we've already had evidence above (even from individuals that share your chosen position of atheism) that the Biblical record of Jesus is accurate, including the resurrection, then let's dive into the research of another *atheist in the following docu/ movie > HERE

I understand you'll never want to watch the entire investigation, so let's cut to the chase, the key investigation into the resurrection itself, if you go to this point in the video >> 1:22:55 (1 hour 22 minutes and 55 seconds) which includes evidence from a secular scientific journal, then I would appreciate your comments on what was presented to the *atheist.

*An atheist at the time of this investigation.
    Personally I think it is likely that there was a historical person that we now know as Jesus, do I believe any of the magic stuff - of course not. Most that was added at a later date by people who spotted the opportunity to grow a religion out of the death of a local figure.

Th early church was practically defined by martyrdom.

One theory I find interesting is whether Jesus Chris and Jesus Barrabas were actually the same person.

Barrabas was a leader of insurrection against the Roman occupation of the land - a charismatic leader who is striving to free his people but was betrayed and executed - thart seems far more lkely to be the kind of person that would generate a large number of supporters to forment a religion than a carpenter and lay preacher - but the resistance against the Romans was violent - and when they were undergoing the process to repaint the head of their cult as the messiah they couldn't have him murdering people so it was altered.
    Just an interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Personally I think it is likely that there was a historical person that we now know as Jesus, do I believe any of the magic stuff - of course not. Most that was added at a later date by people who spotted the opportunity to grow a religion out of the death of a local figure.

Th early church was practically defined by martyrdom.

One theory I find interesting is whether Jesus Chris and Jesus Barrabas were actually the same person.

Barrabas was a leader of insurrection against the Roman occupation of the land - a charismatic leader who is striving to free his people but was betrayed and executed - thart seems far more lkely to be the kind of person that would generate a large number of supporters to forment a religion than a carpenter and lay preacher - but the resistance against the Romans was violent - and when they were undergoing the process to repaint the head of their cult as the messiah they couldn't have him murdering people so it was altered.
    Just an interesting theory.
    The 'magic stuff' - the Miracles.

1. At what point and why which means did Jesus try and free His People, the Jews?
    2. It's interesting that people get deeply interested in many theories that have no historical support but ignore all the evidence as to who Jesus actually is!
    3. Should Jesus be Almighy God in human form to fulfill His *Mission, then the Miracles are childsplay when you look at the scope and wonder of the entire Universe.
    4. Given your above assessment of the Romans, the Jews and Jesus Himself, what do YOU think His key *Mission was, and what leads you to your conclusion?

The 'magic stuff' - the Miracles.

1. At what point and why which means did Jesus try and free His People, the Jews?
    Correction: At what point and by which means did Jesus try and free His People, the Jews?

So what makes their gods real and the God of the Bible an invention?
    They don't go on and on about him ....or her ... like you lot do

And to save you the membership hassle, there's no need to enlist as a satanist to aid his cause. Simply keep Jesus Christ on your lips when you are surprised or angry and people will know exactly who you serve.
    God if he's a good bloke will let me in wether I swear or not

I would hope if he exists he won't let the clean mouthed priest, God loving and all that in that spends too much time with young kids

God if he's a good bloke will let me in wether I swear or not

I would hope if he exists he won't let the clean mouthed priest, God loving and all that in that spends too much time with young kids
    I'll just assume you fall under the influence of strong beverages from 7.30pm.
    I wasn't talking about swearing, but taking the Name of God in vain.
    A child of God never does that.

But there no god,never has been never will be.
    All of you will be so sad when you die.

So basically I am going to hell if I smack my thumb with a hammer and shout Jesus fecking christ that hurts!

Or if I go to church and promise not to do it again I am home and dry ?

Are you still a child of God if you are in your 50s ?

So basically I am going to hell if I smack my thumb with a hammer and shout Jesus fecking christ that hurts!

Or if I go to church and promise not to do it again I am home and dry ?

Are you still a child of God if you are in your 50s ?
    Going to Church will no more make you a Christian than dragging your Great Aunt into the CCS will make her a City fan.
    A child of God is any Christian, and I mean a Christian by God's definition, not man-made religion.
    Hammer or not, your automatic habit (and that of millions of others) of naming one Man's Name in anger from all the numerous religious icons that everyone has heard of (buddha, mohammid, Vishnu, Shiva etc) indicates one thing, the god you serve hates one Man above all others, the One who defeated Him at the Cross; so all his children can't help but use His Name in anger all the time.

Going to Church will no more make you a Christian than dragging your Great Aunt into the CCS will make her a City fan.
    A child of God is any Christian, and I mean a Christian by God's definition, not man-made religion.
    Hammer or not, your automatic habit (and that of millions of others) of naming one Man's Name in anger from all the numerous religious icons that everyone has heard of (buddha, mohammid, Vishnu, Shiva etc) indicates one thing, the god you serve hates one Man above all others, the One who defeated Him at the Cross; so all his children can't help but use His Name in anger all the time.
    Oh I am a son of Satan!

😂

According to the Bible, correct; a book that stands unchallenged successfully in any field of understanding despite it's completion over 1900 years ago.