I feel your pain Bob. When you think of some of the prolific strikers we’ve had, and not in the too distant past, it seems a million miles away from what we’ve had to put up with recently.
Can it be put down to Tan simply losing all interest in us ? Are there really no footballing people at the helm of our club? Is our scouting system not up to much? I watch other teams in the championship, and lower down the pyramid, and many whilst not being very successful, can play or at least they try to play an expansive game, and seem to have a game plan.
That saying, I watched the Oxford/ Peterborough game on Saturday, and whilst Oxford started off right on the front foot, they just seemed to run out of ideas and energy in the 2nd half. I still expect them to start the away game on the front foot though.
Talking about prolific City strikers, when I was a kid, I lived 3 doors down to the one and only Stanley Verdun Richards.
He held the goal scoring record in one season for us, right up till Earnie beat it in 2003.