Quote Originally Posted by Crisp White Lines View Post
I was discussing this very topic with a friend a couple of weeks ago. If you google the list of strikers that Peterborough have brought in, and then sold on, over the years - it's pretty incredible.

I can't stand Barry Fry, but he has clearly established a great set of contacts in non-league, and also with Man Utd and some London clubs who would direct players his way.

This is the sort of thing you get with an experienced director of football who has made, and kept, influential friends across the UK football network.

Don't worry, we have Dalman working feverishly to get the right people in....
I think you’re right about Barry Fry - in my first post I said Peterborough have had a very attacking mentality for fifteen years, it’s probably longer than that actually, and the one constant at the club during that time has been Barry Fry.

Regarding Mehmet Dalman, I can remember him saying when we appointed Erol Bulut that our new manager finds ways to win tight games. Having had a season of watching a Bulut team now, I can see exactly what Dalman meant and I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing (in fact, I dread to think where we’d be without it), but it’s also a typical Cardiff attitude since the departure of Dave Jones - sneaking single goal wins in games where we’ve not deserved the three points has almost become the only way we can win.