+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: badge change

  1. #1

    badge change

    not seen a post forgive if there is one...

    im hearing the badge will be changed to represent the 125th anniversary

    so will be a historical one, im thinking the just the white circle and the bluebird then or ?

    what are folks thoughts

  2. #2

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    not seen a post forgive if there is one...

    im hearing the badge will be changed to represent the 125th anniversary

    so will be a historical one, im thinking the just the white circle and the bluebird then or ?

    what are folks thoughts
    I'm not sure if it's genuine but I saw a version online with the daffodil on it.
    The bluebird in the white roundel would be better.

  3. #3

    Re: badge change

    Bet it will feature an oriental dragon

  4. #4

    Re: badge change

    fair doos i wouldnt mind that... im told there should not be a kick up about it as its historical

  5. #5

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Bet it will feature an oriental dragon
    we wont be suprised mate lol

  6. #6

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Bet it will feature an oriental dragon
    Yes. When I read it will be a historical one I immediately thought how much banter Tan would love from putting out the red kit badge.

  7. #7

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yes. When I read it will be a historical one I immediately thought how much banter Tan would love from putting out the red kit badge.
    that would be hilarious

  8. #8
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    16,106

    Re: badge change

    What was the badge 125 years ago?

    Riverside badge?

  9. #9

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    fair doos i wouldnt mind that... im told there should not be a kick up about it as its historical
    As opposed to the current one which is hysterical

  10. #10

    Re: badge change

    You could call the one on the red shirt historical...

  11. #11

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What was the badge 125 years ago?

    Riverside badge?
    Did our kits have badges back then? I think the oldest badges I’ve seen are a version of the city coat of arms.

  12. #12

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Did our kits have badges back then? I think the oldest badges I’ve seen are a version of the city coat of arms.
    was the Cardiff coat of arms when we won the FACup

  13. #13
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    16,106

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Did our kits have badges back then? I think the oldest badges I’ve seen are a version of the city coat of arms.
    Just seen this online….


    https://worldsoccerpins.com/historic...f-city-fc/?amp

  14. #14

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The 1959-1965 badge would be great.

  15. #15

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think the 'Riverside' badge is a bit fanciful. There aren't any extant pictures of the shirts, just a mention of the colours..

  16. #16

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think the 'Riverside' badge is a bit fanciful. There aren't any extant pictures of the shirts, just a mention of the colours..
    The colours, chocolate & amber, were the colours of the city of Cardiff. Even the trams and, later, the buses were chocolate & amber.

  17. #17

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yes. When I read it will be a historical one I immediately thought how much banter Tan would love from putting out the red kit badge.
    The red kit badge was better than the prior.

    A crest inside a crest was hideous

  18. #18

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What was the badge 125 years ago?

    Riverside badge?
    https://worldsoccerpins.com/historic...rdiff-city-fc/

  19. #19

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    The 1959-1965 badge would be great.
    That's the one when I started supporting them....1959+

  20. #20

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The colours, chocolate & amber, were the colours of the city of Cardiff. Even the trams and, later, the buses were chocolate & amber.
    Wouldn't I just love it.....even as a second strip....
    https://www.footballkitarchive.com/c...9-08-home-kit/

  21. #21

    Re: badge change

    59-65 for me... but i wouldnt put it past tan to make it a red circle around it

  22. #22

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think the 'Riverside' badge is a bit fanciful. There aren't any extant pictures of the shirts, just a mention of the colours..
    And when the club were known as the brown and yellow birds, no doubt.

  23. #23

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And when the club were known as the brown and yellow birds, no doubt.
    Not when we were Riverside obviously but an early nickname of ours was The Citizens.

  24. #24

    Re: badge change

    88-03. Only option. Easy.

  25. #25

    Re: badge change

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The colours, chocolate & amber, were the colours of the city of Cardiff. Even the trams and, later, the buses were chocolate & amber.
    To be pedantic the traditional livery of Cardiff Buses until 1972 was Crimson Lake and Cream. See link below under Livery Chronology

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Bus#Branding

    I was working for the Council in the last days of Cardiff Buses in Crimson Lake and Cream and the traditionalists in the Transport Dept in Wood St and Sloper Rd were very protective of the old livery and were not happy at all with the move to orange

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •