+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 234

Thread: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

  1. #201

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rejoice!

    The club have been able to persuade the man who oversaw Cardiff 0 Leeds 3, Cardiff 0 Sunderland 2, Swansea 2 Cardiff 0 and Rotherham 5 Cardiff 2 to stay!
    For balance he also took an all but relegated team to 12th with 62 points. Made us from one of the worst at set plays to maybe the best and got 3 derby wins and beat 2 of the sides who got promoted.

    (Id prefer someone else in charge by the way. Football is dreadful and im not expecting much opportunity for our young players.)

  2. #202

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I have just read through the 4 pages since yesterday just to see if there are any snippets, alas no. But I have one question and I am no shrinking violet growing up in Llanendeyrn and Cathays but WTH is "wogball"?

    Never in my life of knowing some pretty unsavory characters have I ever heard that expression. Is it a thing?
    I grew up in Sydney and that term was used to describe anyone of a continental heritage (Italians,Greeks etc) thus the term wogball was used to describe their love of football as almost all prefered football to what is the sporting religion in that part of the world, Rugby League. I didn't realize just how racist that country was until I returned here in my teens and although this place wasn't exactly a bastion of racial harmony it was a lot better than Aus.

  3. #203

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Fixed for you.
    Yes of course. The losses show him up, the wins were just lucky. Come on now.

    I agree the football was largely awful. Not even dml would argue that but we don't have to be silly.

  4. #204

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    To be fair if you're just picking out results he had some good wins too.

    I think we can all agree the football wasn't great and at this stage I don't even care if Vincent announces himself as manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you genuinely want another season like 2023/24? If so, why? What did you see that made you enthusiastic?
    Good question and for once I will give a long but heart felt answer 🤣🤣

    I'm not sure many if any seasons have been enjoyable in totality since I have been following the club as we are not a successful club in real terms

    I enjoyed the ashhurst promotion season to a point but the hooliganism left a sour taste in that era

    I enjoyed the Eddie May era but it was dungeon football in reality

    I enjoyed elements of the Dave Jones era but it was marred by the off field exploits of hamman and our constant court battles and the golden ticket fiasco

    The two promotions to the premier league were marred by biased refereeing and again off field issues caused by the current owners including the red shitshow and the way they have handled the sala case and still do - it's funny losing most weeks didn't bother me as I half expected it - it was all the other stuff that ground my gears

    Since relegation we had a revolving door of managers none of whom have been given any time to secure a way of playing and bulut is the latest casualty of this lack of planning and lack of belief in the hierarchy's own decision making - the club is hugely mismanaged and yet they take no accountability for this or show any signs of having learnt any lessons so the collateral damage is always the manager and bulut is the latest in a long line - we are starved of football leadership and competence in the club

    I result admit i'm not one that has the insight or intelligence to offer a blow by blow analysis of what is wrong on the playing side other than coming to a conclusion in very general terms of whether a player is shite or not - it's a very crude metric but it suits me - I will leave the more complex analysis to the more informed people on here

    I was born and bred in canton so the club has always played a huge part in my life and getting to the topflight was always the hope but now having been there I hated it so don't have the same ambition - my son was born in neath and so through his school days could and should have followed the jacks as most of his mates did - the reason for saying this is most years I apologise to him for taking him to the city but he says he wouldn't have it any other way

    So my hope for next season is that my boy continues to want to go ( I've bought his ticket but he still has the choice) and we continue to share memories of the fecked up club it has always been by going home and away, memories spanning over 20 years for him and coming up to 50 for me but memories that we still talk about over a meal or a pint etc. that's what is important to me now - if bulut is here or not next season I don't really care because we could well be in for another poor season of entertainment or we could let the 3 amigos roll the dice again - I'm not sure I have any faith in either route to be honest and until the hierarchy wise up not a lot will change for the better whether it is bulut or not who is in charge on the pitch

    I enjoy a lot of the contributions on this board yours included but for me
    It has come to a point on this board at the moment that there could be a thread on underwater basket weaving and someone will turn it into a thread slagging off bulut - it's all a bit tedious and for that point I will probably take the summer off from contributing to the forum (not that I post that much of value anyway) and just watch from afar for news etc.

    That's my view of the world for what it's worth

  5. #205

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Cooper on Burnley radar according to WoL
    Steve Cooper is reportedly among the candidates being considered to succeed Vincent Kompany at Burnley.

  6. #206

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Paul Abbo(what's his name) reckons deals done, just waiting final sign off. If this is accurate we should hear next day or so.
    The other board saying the same, and that it'll all be sorted when Bulut gets back from holiday. Wonder where he's been - Damascus hopefully.

  7. #207

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    For me, the worry is that with a 2nd season completed he will have encumbered the club with even more 'Bulut style' players to the squad. Oh happy days...
    Exactly, all on 3 yr contracts with no subsequent transfer value. Most probably under a different manager. I can't see beyond Bulut being gone by Christmas - we can't have as many lucky wins as we did last season and Bulut will be busy blaming everyone else, particularly Tan and Reuben Colwill.

  8. #208

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yes of course. The losses show him up, the wins were just lucky. Come on now.

    I agree the football was largely awful. Not even dml would argue that but we don't have to be silly.
    Pretty sure he would....

    OK, let me ask you a question: after the 2-0 victory over Bristol City in October, which games did you think City emerged from as worthy winners?

  9. #209

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    [QUOTE=Undercoverinwurzelland;5513974]The other board saying the same, and that it'll all be sorted when Bulut gets back from holiday. Wonder where he's been - Damascus hopefully.


  10. #210

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    That's my view of the world for what it's worth
    Thanks for taking the time to write that, it was a good read and I understand your perspective.

    I lost my love for and dedication to the football club during the re-brand fiasco - it changed the way I view things completely. I'm now in a position where the results don't matter to me a great deal and all I really want from Cardiff City is some interest and entertainment.

    From my perspective, it's a very difficult club to support at present: we have Tan's ownership in absentia, Dalman's chairmanship, the moral bankruptcy of the Sala legal battle, a squad lacking in personality, some of the most tedious football I've ever witnessed in almost 50 years of following the club, a manager I don't believe in at all and just don't like, and a stuporous fanbase that seems to be suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. I still enjoy the days out with friends to a good degree, but watching the football itself became a genuine chore at times last season.

    I've renewed my season ticket, but my hopes of better entertainment during 2024/25 are practically zero considering the ownership and management set-up at the CCS right now, and especially considering that a majority of City fans seem reasonably comfortable with it. Who knows, I might end up being pleasantly surprised, but my hopes are far from high.

  11. #211

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write that, it was a good read and I understand your perspective.

    I lost my love for and dedication to the football club during the re-brand fiasco - it changed the way I view things completely. I'm now in a position where the results don't matter to me a great deal and all I really want from Cardiff City is some interest and entertainment.

    From my perspective, it's a very difficult club to support at present: we have Tan's ownership in absentia, Dalman's chairmanship, the moral bankruptcy of the Sala legal battle, a squad lacking in personality, some of the most tedious football I've ever witnessed in almost 50 years of following the club, a manager I don't believe in at all and just don't like, and a stuporous fanbase that seems to be suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. I still enjoy the days out with friends to a good degree, but watching the football itself became a genuine chore at times last season.

    I've renewed my season ticket, but my hopes of better entertainment during 2024/25 are practically zero considering the ownership and management set-up at the CCS right now, and especially considering that a majority of City fans seem reasonably comfortable with it. Who knows, I might end up being pleasantly surprised, but my hopes are far from high.
    I think part of the problem for you is if the result doesnt matter then late goals and the thrill of victory at the death as we pulled off a few times last season wont give u the same pleasure where id say those of us who the result means everything go home happy.

    Problem is at home in particular we are playing sh!t on the backfoot and for most part not winning. So mostly we go home pissed off. If wed had the same losing record but at least saw some attacking football at least wed have been entertained.

  12. #212

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    To be fair if you're just picking out results he had some good wins too.

    I think we can all agree the football wasn't great and at this stage I don't even care if Vincent announces himself as manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write that, it was a good read and I understand your perspective.

    I lost my love for and dedication to the football club during the re-brand fiasco - it changed the way I view things completely. I'm now in a position where the results don't matter to me a great deal and all I really want from Cardiff City is some interest and entertainment.

    From my perspective, it's a very difficult club to support at present: we have Tan's ownership in absentia, Dalman's chairmanship, the moral bankruptcy of the Sala legal battle, a squad lacking in personality, some of the most tedious football I've ever witnessed in almost 50 years of following the club, a manager I don't believe in at all and just don't like, and a stuporous fanbase that seems to be suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. I still enjoy the days out with friends to a good degree, but watching the football itself became a genuine chore at times last season.

    I've renewed my season ticket, but my hopes of better entertainment during 2024/25 are practically zero considering the ownership and management set-up at the CCS right now, and especially considering that a majority of City fans seem reasonably comfortable with it. Who knows, I might end up being pleasantly surprised, but my hopes are far from high.
    We are not poles apart in as much as we both want to be entertained but I can't control what goes on in the boardroom and certainly not on the pitch and I suppose my time served has left me resigned to that so I get my entertainment and enjoyment indirectly rather than directly from the football itself although still love a last minute winner 👍👍

    Same as you all renewed for next year and as Dave Jones used to say "we go again"

  13. #213

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write that, it was a good read and I understand your perspective.

    I lost my love for and dedication to the football club during the re-brand fiasco - it changed the way I view things completely. I'm now in a position where the results don't matter to me a great deal and all I really want from Cardiff City is some interest and entertainment.

    From my perspective, it's a very difficult club to support at present: we have Tan's ownership in absentia, Dalman's chairmanship, the moral bankruptcy of the Sala legal battle, a squad lacking in personality, some of the most tedious football I've ever witnessed in almost 50 years of following the club, a manager I don't believe in at all and just don't like, and a stuporous fanbase that seems to be suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. I still enjoy the days out with friends to a good degree, but watching the football itself became a genuine chore at times last season.

    I've renewed my season ticket, but my hopes of better entertainment during 2024/25 are practically zero considering the ownership and management set-up at the CCS right now, and especially considering that a majority of City fans seem reasonably comfortable with it. Who knows, I might end up being pleasantly surprised, but my hopes are far from high.

    Is the football really that much worse than Mick or Colin's football ?

    Is it not of some consolation that he ensured we werent relegation candidates again?

    At times we even looked like we might sneak into the play offs.

    He managed this on what is a pretty average transfer/salary budget.

    I'm just thinking that if he manages to improve on the squad next season whilst maintaining the quality he has, we might be even closer to the playoffs, which alone would provide a certain amount of excitment and entertainment, much as it did under warnock, despite the unattractive playing style.

  14. #214

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Is the football really that much worse than Mick or Colin's football ?

    Is it not of some consolation that he ensured we werent relegation candidates again?

    At times we even looked like we might sneak into the play offs.

    He managed this on what is a pretty average transfer/salary budget.

    I'm just thinking that if he manages to improve on the squad next season whilst maintaining the quality he has, we might be even closer to the playoffs, which alone would provide a certain amount of excitment and entertainment, much as it did under warnock, despite the unattractive playing style.
    Why do we generally play so cagily until we equalise? We look far more dangerous at 1-1 than ever at 0-0.

    Not really, Hudson and Morison were crap managers and I believe the players were better than the 21st place finish we had last season.

    Yes, in October. We rarely threatened after that, there was only wild optimism from some from a distance.

    One of the highest salary budgets in the division by all accounts.

    Did Bulut really improve the squad that much last season? Phillips was a good signing, Goutas decent enough, Grant was ok. What makes you think he could improve things further given his dealings last season?

    Warnock's side scored 52 goals in his first 35 league games and conceded 42. Bulut's side scored 1 more goal in 11 more league games and conceded 33 more. For me there's no comparison between us in Warnock's first season and Bulut's.

  15. #215

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Is the football really that much worse than Mick or Colin's football ?
    I didn’t attend any games during McCarthy’s reign and most of those I attended under Warnock were reasonably entertaining. I know I was a little bit lucky in the Warnock era as the few games I was at included the 3-0 victory over Villa, the 2-1 win away at Wolves and the bizarre 4-2 victory over Birmingham just before he got the boot.

    Warnock’s style of football was agricultural at times and there were plenty of tedious games along the way, but it was rarely as sterile as the rubbish Bulut and his team served up for most of last season.

  16. #216

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write that, it was a good read and I understand your perspective.

    I lost my love for and dedication to the football club during the re-brand fiasco - it changed the way I view things completely. I'm now in a position where the results don't matter to me a great deal and all I really want from Cardiff City is some interest and entertainment.

    From my perspective, it's a very difficult club to support at present: we have Tan's ownership in absentia, Dalman's chairmanship, the moral bankruptcy of the Sala legal battle, a squad lacking in personality, some of the most tedious football I've ever witnessed in almost 50 years of following the club, a manager I don't believe in at all and just don't like, and a stuporous fanbase that seems to be suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. I still enjoy the days out with friends to a good degree, but watching the football itself became a genuine chore at times last season.

    I've renewed my season ticket, but my hopes of better entertainment during 2024/25 are practically zero considering the ownership and management set-up at the CCS right now, and especially considering that a majority of City fans seem reasonably comfortable with it. Who knows, I might end up being pleasantly surprised, but my hopes are far from high.
    So you've renewed. Good.

    I always knew you were a secret optimist....

    Very secret.


  17. #217

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    So you've renewed. Good.

    I always knew you were a secret optimist....

    Very secret.

    I left it until the last but one day in the end. It was a tough decision, especially as moving seats proved unworkable. But I think I’ll do a bit more seat-hopping next season. Anything to try to make it a bit more entertaining.

  18. #218

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I didn’t attend any games during McCarthy’s reign and most of those I attended under Warnock were reasonably entertaining. I know I was a little bit lucky in the Warnock era as the few games I was at included the 3-0 victory over Villa, the 2-1 win away at Wolves and the bizarre 4-2 victory over Birmingham just before he got the boot.

    Warnock’s style of football was agricultural at times and there were plenty of tedious games along the way, but it was rarely as sterile as the rubbish Bulut and his team served up for most of last season.
    Did you see him talking before the play off final yesterday? Half jokingly criticising goalkeepers who think they’re Beckenbauer, get the ball upfield lad! ……..perhaps not half jokingly at all.

  19. #219

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I left it until the last but one day in the end. It was a tough decision, especially as moving seats proved unworkable. But I think I’ll do a bit more seat-hopping next season. Anything to try to make it a bit more entertaining.
    Try getting a half-time drinks voucher.


  20. #220

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I didn’t attend any games during McCarthy’s reign and most of those I attended under Warnock were reasonably entertaining. I know I was a little bit lucky in the Warnock era as the few games I was at included the 3-0 victory over Villa, the 2-1 win away at Wolves and the bizarre 4-2 victory over Birmingham just before he got the boot.

    Warnock’s style of football was agricultural at times and there were plenty of tedious games along the way, but it was rarely as sterile as the rubbish Bulut and his team served up for most of last season.
    I was no fan of Warnock’s style of football, but at least you got the impression that his sides were set up to try and win at home against teams below us in the table - in fact, I’d say that we always went out trying to win and play on the front foot at home in the Championship under Warnock.

    I don’t get that impression under Bulut - it was early in the season when Rotherham came here in the autumn, but they already had an awful away record, yet we had Ralls, Siopis and Wintle in midfield and the usual two wingers more concerned with defence than attack in the opening stages.

    Eric’s right when he says we’re most attack minded under Bulut at home when we’ve equalised to make it 1-1 - for reasons I can’t begin to fathom we go for it much more at that score than we do at 0-0.

  21. #221

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Pretty sure he would....

    OK, let me ask you a question: after the 2-0 victory over Bristol City in October, which games did you think City emerged from as worthy winners?
    That's true

    Well that's a bit different to being lucky, my interpretation anyway.

    Not many out and out worthy winners as indicated by the goal difference, perhaps only a couple. But for me plenty of matches where as poor as our overall play may have been, I wouldn't begrudge us the win. I would describe the majority of our wins as "not much in it and could have gone either way".

    Certainly had a knack of doing just about enough in those.

    Then of course there are lucky wins, or wins where the opposition weren't good enough in front of goal to see us off despite chances created. Think it would be unfair to label most of our wins this way though.

  22. #222

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why do we generally play so cagily until we equalise? We look far more dangerous at 1-1 than ever at 0-0.

    Not really, Hudson and Morison were crap managers and I believe the players were better than the 21st place finish we had last season.

    Yes, in October. We rarely threatened after that, there was only wild optimism from some from a distance.

    One of the highest salary budgets in the division by all accounts.

    Did Bulut really improve the squad that much last season? Phillips was a good signing, Goutas decent enough, Grant was ok. What makes you think he could improve things further given his dealings last season?

    Warnock's side scored 52 goals in his first 35 league games and conceded 42. Bulut's side scored 1 more goal in 11 more league games and conceded 33 more. For me there's no comparison between us in Warnock's first season and Bulut's.
    Believing the players are better and the reality of very nearly getting relegated are two different things entirely.

    We are in 7th for salaries and 19th for transfers. So , make of that what you will.

    Did he improve the squad. I dunno , but he improved our league standing. That doesn't happen by magic does it.

    Personally , if you told me we could have Cooper or Bellamy or Nathan Jones I'd swap them for Bulut...... just because I'd like to see someone inject some identity into the club.

    That said, I think Bulut will improve on the teams league position next time round. The football might be drab but he seems single minded enough to get the results.

  23. #223

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    [QUOTE=A Quiet Monkfish;5513979]
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The other board saying the same, and that it'll all be sorted when Bulut gets back from holiday. Wonder where he's been - Damascus hopefully.

    Very good - pity about the formatting

  24. #224

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The other board saying the same, and that it'll all be sorted when Bulut gets back from holiday. Wonder where he's been - Damascus hopefully.
    Sorry, I've just given the wrong person the credit for your quip. The quote/gag of the thread!

  25. #225
    International
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    North Cardiff ha ha
    Posts
    6,015

    Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Good question and for once I will give a long but heart felt answer ����

    I'm not sure many if any seasons have been enjoyable in totality since I have been following the club as we are not a successful club in real terms

    I enjoyed the ashhurst promotion season to a point but the hooliganism left a sour taste in that era

    I enjoyed the Eddie May era but it was dungeon football in reality

    I enjoyed elements of the Dave Jones era but it was marred by the off field exploits of hamman and our constant court battles and the golden ticket fiasco

    The two promotions to the premier league were marred by biased refereeing and again off field issues caused by the current owners including the red shitshow and the way they have handled the sala case and still do - it's funny losing most weeks didn't bother me as I half expected it - it was all the other stuff that ground my gears

    Since relegation we had a revolving door of managers none of whom have been given any time to secure a way of playing and bulut is the latest casualty of this lack of planning and lack of belief in the hierarchy's own decision making - the club is hugely mismanaged and yet they take no accountability for this or show any signs of having learnt any lessons so the collateral damage is always the manager and bulut is the latest in a long line - we are starved of football leadership and competence in the club

    I result admit i'm not one that has the insight or intelligence to offer a blow by blow analysis of what is wrong on the playing side other than coming to a conclusion in very general terms of whether a player is shite or not - it's a very crude metric but it suits me - I will leave the more complex analysis to the more informed people on here

    I was born and bred in canton so the club has always played a huge part in my life and getting to the topflight was always the hope but now having been there I hated it so don't have the same ambition - my son was born in neath and so through his school days could and should have followed the jacks as most of his mates did - the reason for saying this is most years I apologise to him for taking him to the city but he says he wouldn't have it any other way

    So my hope for next season is that my boy continues to want to go ( I've bought his ticket but he still has the choice) and we continue to share memories of the fecked up club it has always been by going home and away, memories spanning over 20 years for him and coming up to 50 for me but memories that we still talk about over a meal or a pint etc. that's what is important to me now - if bulut is here or not next season I don't really care because we could well be in for another poor season of entertainment or we could let the 3 amigos roll the dice again - I'm not sure I have any faith in either route to be honest and until the hierarchy wise up not a lot will change for the better whether it is bulut or not who is in charge on the pitch

    I enjoy a lot of the contributions on this board yours included but for me
    It has come to a point on this board at the moment that there could be a thread on underwater basket weaving and someone will turn it into a thread slagging off bulut - it's all a bit tedious and for that point I will probably take the summer off from contributing to the forum (not that I post that much of value anyway) and just watch from afar for news etc.

    That's my view of the world for what it's worth
    Good post

    It's not the best to watch, but with some better players it could be effective, and hopefully more entertaining, he wants better wingers and a Striker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •