+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City retro kits on official website

City retro kits on official website

I really liked a couple of the retro kits the club released for the 125th anniversary, they sold out pretty quickly but that was about a month ago.

Just tried to look for them now but the page doesnt exist any more. Were they just a limited edition thing? Seems a bit daft because they were obviously on to a nice little earner.

Re: City retro kits on official website

I don't think they were released as anything to do with the 125th anniversary. Other retro shirts have been for sale in the past and it just makes sense to produce them in smaller batches.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see more retro kits return next season, but now as in other summers they just concentrate on shifting last years stock.

Im pretty sure these were different from the usual run of the mill stuff the club knocks out (the unbranded South Wales Echo kit for example).
    It was the 88-89 and 91-92 shirts with the original manufacturers logos etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I really liked a couple of the retro kits the club released for the 125th anniversary, they sold out pretty quickly but that was about a month ago.

Just tried to look for them now but the page doesnt exist any more. Were they just a limited edition thing? Seems a bit daft because they were obviously on to a nice little earner.

You haven't missed out on much, I bought one of each and find both very heavy to wear compared to just football tops. As such I've barely worn either

I bought a retro influence 91/92 jacket.
    I love it