+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conservatives Vote Getting Split

Conservatives Vote Getting Split

For a long time those that don't vote Tory.......the majority of the electorate .....have been stuffed by the fact that Labour, liberals and the other parties have been split .....allowing the Tories to rule

But the growth of farage means that the Tories themselves are seeing their right wing vote turn away

I think reform are a dangerous bunch but in terms of the general election the tories are in big trouble with reform stuffing them allowing both Labour and the liberals to win in marginal seats

Which will unless things change lead to a big Labour majority

I never thought I would say this but it seems like Farage is doing the dirty work

Hopefully once the election is over a number of exposes can show up reform for what they are

If there were only 2 parties to vote for and one of them was reform then I would hold my nose and vote Tory if they were the only option

Some of the comments on YouTube regarding reform are beyond comprehension

Re: Conservatives Vote Getting Split

They are the non thinking person’s party. If they were put under an atom of scrutiny they would be found out. Just a load of old men shouting.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 11-06-24 at 20:16. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They are the non thinking person’s party. If they were put under an atom of scrutiny they would be found out. Just a load of old men shouting.
    I did know one bloke who was a farage fan but he's senile

The "non-thinking persons party". It's when people like you say stuff like that that makes them more appealing to people!

How can you not see that?!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The "non-thinking persons party". It's when people like you say stuff like that that makes them more appealing to people!

How can you not see that?!
    I rest my case. Sign here…….

Yeah, don't become a lawyer!

In two sentences you just summed up Labour voters in Whales and Westminster in general…..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    For a long time those that don't vote Tory.......the majority of the electorate .....have been stuffed by the fact that Labour, liberals and the other parties have been split .....allowing the Tories to rule

But the growth of farage means that the Tories themselves are seeing their right wing vote turn away

I think reform are a dangerous bunch but in terms of the general election the tories are in big trouble with reform stuffing them allowing both Labour and the liberals to win in marginal seats

I never thought I would say this but it seems like Farage is doing the dirty work

Hopefully once the election is over a number of exposes can show up reform for what they are

If there were only 2 parties to vote for and one of them was reform then I would hold my nose and vote Tory if they were the only option

Whaaaaat? Did you just say you’d vote Tory? Jeez sludge can’t believe you flipped so easily? Your aliken to one of those Bridgend/valleys football fan who switches allegiance when the going gets tough…..I knew it…

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Whaaaaat? Did you just say you’d vote Tory? Jeez sludge can’t believe you flipped so easily? Your aliken to one of those Bridgend/valleys football fan who switches allegiance when the going gets tough…..I knew it…
    If there were only 2 options and that was reform who are basically a home for very right wing voters and the conservatives and voting Conservative would keep the reform nutcases out of power then I would have no choice but to reluctantly vote conservative

If I didn't vote and reform got in power my father and grandfather would come back from the grave to kill me

What would you do ?

If you say vote reform get your coat and naff off

If the Conservatives do as badly as some polls are suggesting they will (i.e. winning less than a hundred seats), I wonder if their attitude to proportional representation will change? It should do really if you look at what would be their new position strategically.

Interesting You Gov poll overnight, Conservatives on just eighteen per cent, one point above Reform with the Lib Dems up four at fifteen, the Greens have gone up one as well. Is there a movement away from the two main parties taking place? It's too early to say when it comes to the Labour party, but their fall of three points to thirty eight per cent comes on top of a drop of a point or two in many polls last week.

Even if the Labour vote is slipping, it's hard to see now how we're going to get anything other than a Labour majority Government, but, surely, one of the best arguments ever in favour of proportional representation would be if they got a majority of over three figures while winning less of the vote than Corbyn's party did in 2017.

If there were only 2 options and that was reform who are basically a home for very right wing voters and the conservatives and voting Conservative would keep the reform nutcases out of power then I would have no choice but to reluctantly vote conservative

If I didn't vote and reform got in power my father and grandfather would come back from the grave to kill me

What would you do ?

You said you’d vote Tory, forget the rest of it…..I can’t believe it

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If the Conservatives do as badly as some polls are suggesting they will (i.e. winning less than a hundred seats), I wonder if their attitude to proportional representation will change? It should do really if you look at what would be their new position strategically.

Interesting You Gov poll overnight, Conservatives on just eighteen per cent, one point above Reform with the Lib Dems up four at fifteen, the Greens have gone up one as well. Is there a movement away from the two main parties taking place? It's too early to say when it comes to the Labour party, but their fall of three points to thirty eight per cent comes on top of a drop of a point or two in many polls last week.

Even if the Labour vote is slipping, it's hard to see now how we're going to get anything other than a Labour majority Government, but, surely, one of the best arguments ever in favour of proportional representation would be if they got a majority of over three figures while winning less of the vote than Corbyn's party did in 2017.
    I can see a low turn out, probably the lowest ever. People have had enough

What would you do ?

Problem with reform is what they say/pledge appeals to many, like not pay tax fir self employed to 20k, scrapping VAT on energy bills, cutting foreign aid ( as they no most ends up with criminals but do it anyway), corporation tax go 20%, no interest on student loans And it goes on targeting almost every type of group….they all pledge this and that, rarely happens = apathy abounds

You said you’d vote Tory, forget the rest of it…..I can’t believe it

I would deffo vote conservative if the alternative would be farage and reform running the country

Definitely the lesser of two evils

There will be no messing about if that ever becomes the choice

Reform is the end of the world

Problem with reform is what they say/pledge appeals to many, like not pay tax fir self employed to 20k, scrapping VAT on energy bills, cutting foreign aid ( as they no most ends up with criminals but do it anyway), corporation tax go 20%, no interest on student loans And it goes on targeting almost every type of group….they all pledge this and that, rarely happens = apathy abounds
    They are a right wing , populist party

They will take false promises to a new level

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

PR will give reform a lot of seats

If we say they get around ten percent , maybe more , of the vote then that's going to have to be represented

If the country goes down that route ......and I think we should .....then the parties that are opposed to their sort of politics better be ready to take them on

Sludge I've asked a few times and yet to get a clear response on why you think Labour will solve it alleviate the problems we face?

They are a right wing , populist party

They will take false promises to a new level
    I know that, but does the general population?? Look at Brexit? They got sucked in…..

Sludge I've asked a few times and yet to get a clear response on why you think Labour will solve it alleviate the problems we face?
    He cant can he? They need to get control of utilities to start with, put more money in peoples pockets, I’m not sure there’s any point in saying the nhs as it just won’t happen. We definitely need a huge recruitment of Doctors though, hopefully that will sort out the insane waiting time for ambulances at a&e. The crazy amount of immigrants is costing us a fortune too and there’s people born and bread here that need it just as much.

International

Labour have taken the middle ground, that's the only way to win, ideally slightly right of middle is the bulk of voters.

Yes Farage has finished the tory's for a long time, lets hope labour aren't lying about their borrowing and taxation, they probably are but lets see, there are easy ways to avoid paying too much tax.

International

They won't have the first clue, God help us if we have another pandemic we will lock down forever !!!

People earning a decent living will lose out, people who rely on handouts will benefit, and immigration will grow at at even faster rate, house shortages for renters will increase, with increased population and landlords selling up, there will be change alright!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They won't have the first clue, God help us if we have another pandemic we will lock down forever !!!

People earning a decent living will lose out, people who rely on handouts will benefit, and immigration will grow at at even faster rate, house shortages for renters will increase, with increased population and landlords selling up, there will be change alright!
    🤣🤣🤣 . Boo hoo. Your going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    🤣🤣🤣 . Boo hoo. Your going to lose.
    But can you answer the question? Cos this stuff is important.

Why a f how do you think Labour will solve or alleviate the problems the country faces?

pipster

PR will give reform a lot of seats

If we say they get around ten percent , maybe more , of the vote then that's going to have to be represented

If the country goes down that route ......and I think we should .....then the parties that are opposed to their sort of politics better be ready to take them on
    Havent we already had a referendum on PR ? - and what was the result ? or would you like another referendum and then another one until you get the result that you want ?