+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Last Night Anyone ?

James Last Night Anyone ?

Getting rave reviews for their gigs to date, what was Cardiff like ? I'm seeing them in Manchester on Friday and really looking forward to it. Then its on to the Foo Fighters on Saturday.

But James ?

Re: James Last Night Anyone ?

James Last died on the 9th June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well here's the thing Tony, along with the Foo Fighters and James on my music list I also have quite a bit on James Last, reminds me of happy days as a kid with my Dad blasting out Classics Up To Date . Lots of John Denver on there for the same reason.

see my short report under the artist and concert play lists thread

this one still ringing in my ears tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=643kAmcpeqU

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Mate of mine shaking Tim’s hand there. Great live band are James, loved their music since I was a kid growing up in Manchester

Something about that place, it always seems too big, my last gig was feeder at the Bristol Academy, I know it only holds 1600 and the CIA holds 5000 but the space just seems too big for most gigs

Next gig for me is Cardiff castle for Paul Heaton

They were phenomenal last night, for anyone that’s not listened to the new album it is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Mate of mine shaking Tim’s hand there. Great live band are James, loved their music since I was a kid growing up in Manchester
    you lucky so and so growing up in Manchester with so many great bands from in and around Manchester to listen to

probably my fav from Tuesday night to get me in a good mood for the rest of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hOdTKnTOE

Was lovely to meet a fellow CCMB'er, MOZZER, at the James concert Tuesday night.

James were excellent. Loved the new stuff, Mobile God was a particular highlight and a track from the last but one album, ' Beautiful Beaches' is a fantastic track live. 'Sometimes' was beautiful as the band let the crowd take it away.

At times there were 14 band members playing / singing... so the sound is great.

Still don't love the CIA/Motorpoint and the beers are ridiculously expensive.

But it was a great gig.

you lucky so and so growing up in Manchester with so many great bands from in and around Manchester to listen to

probably my fav from Tuesday night to get me in a good mood for the rest of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hOdTKnTOE
    That’s looks great! Yea I was very lucky, it was the late 80s so plenty of great music, clothes and sport

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Was lovely to meet a fellow CCMB'er, MOZZER, at the James concert Tuesday night.

James were excellent. Loved the new stuff, Mobile God was a particular highlight and a track from the last but one album, ' Beautiful Beaches' is a fantastic track live. 'Sometimes' was beautiful as the band let the crowd take it away.

At times there were 14 band members playing / singing... so the sound is great.

Still don't love the CIA/Motorpoint and the beers are ridiculously expensive.

But it was a great gig.
    Travel - £10.00

£15.50 for 2 pints of cider!!!

£65.00 for 5 plates and a couple of beers at Yo Sushi

£100.00 for tickets

A night out with the Mrs Total - £200.00

I've bought tickets for 6 of us to Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins Friday Night in the monsoon

I reckon this week will cost me over £1k

Just ridiculous

James were excellent but a big shout to Razorlight who never grabbed my attention but were bloody good as well

lol

So after seeing James for the second time, I was hugely impressed with the new Co Op live arena, Manchester it was easy access, comfortable seating, decent sound and good (be it expensive) food and drink options. The band were top drawer to boot.

I also saw the Foo Fighters on Saturday at The Emirates Old Trafford, not really a fan of outdoor venues and this one didnt change my opinion on that front. The band were OK, but I think I'm done with them now. Getting too old for it now, i have one more next month and unless Supertramp reform I think I'm done.

First - Showaddywaddy (LOL)
    Most Famous - Fleetwood Mac (Support were The Advenures, who were great)
    Best - Talk Talk
    Planned Last - The Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    So after seeing James for the second time, I was hugely impressed with the new Co Op live arena, Manchester it was easy access, comfortable seating, decent sound and good (be it expensive) food and drink options. The band were top drawer to boot.

I also saw the Foo Fighters on Saturday at The Emirates Old Trafford, not really a fan of outdoor venues and this one didnt change my opinion on that front. The band were OK, but I think I'm done with them now. Getting too old for it now, i have one more next month and unless Supertramp reform I think I'm done.

First - Showaddywaddy (LOL)
    Most Famous - Fleetwood Mac (Support were The Advenures, who were great)
    Best - Talk Talk
    Planned Last - The Killers
    Showaddywaddy my first gig too

hey rock'n'roll

Showaddywaddy my first gig too

hey rock'n'roll
    I think I saw Showaddywaddy at the Double Diamond Club in Caerphilly (or was it Mud)

I think I saw Showaddywaddy at the Double Diamond Club in Caerphilly (or was it Mud)
    Nah, it was definitely the Double Diamond

Last time I saw them, they didn’t have the trumpet player!….. FFS.

Supported The Smiths 40 years ago, played Bristol and Swansea…but not Cardiff

That was The Woodentops

They were fantastic

What a night