+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Transfer Window Rumours thread

The Transfer Window Rumours thread

No doubt there will be lots of speculation in the coming days maybe keep this thread open for any news and targets that fellow posters see and hear about ?

I'll start looks like we missed out on Jordan Williams

Portsmouth have won the race to sign Barnsley defender Jordan Williams on a free transfer ahead of West Brom and Cardiff

Re: As the Transfer Window Opens Today

We’re in for a Scottish midfielder that I’d not heard of before until ten minutes ago according to this.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/06/14/stoke...connor-barron/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’re in for a Scottish midfielder that I’d not heard of before until ten minutes ago according to this.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/06/14/stoke...connor-barron/
    Bit of a short arse
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor_Barron

Raheem Conte has signed a new contract with the Bluebirds

The 21-year-old has agreed a one-year deal in the Welsh capital, with the option included for a further year!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Raheem Conte has signed a new contract with the Bluebirds

The 21-year-old has agreed a one-year deal in the Welsh capital, with the option included for a further year!
    Interesting that WOL indicate that bulut and the board will sit down next week to thrash out transfer plans - if this is true I wonder what has been happening to date as surely this was one of the agreements that bulut wanted nailed down before he signed according to "sauces"

Banned

We should be used to football speak by now so 'nailed down' translates as please give me money now as I don't know what's happening.

Banned

We should be used to football speak by now so 'nailed down' translates as give me money, as I don't know what's ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Interesting that WOL indicate that bulut and the board will sit down next week to thrash out transfer plans - if this is true I wonder what has been happening to date as surely this was one of the agreements that bulut wanted nailed down before he signed according to "sauces"
    That's shocking if true. Transfer plans for the summer should have started weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    That's shocking if true. Transfer plans for the summer should have started weeks ago
    Shocking if you're new to Cardiff City. Shocking if you expect a decent level of foresight and planning at a football club.

Not shocking at all with this regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agreed, that article came as a surprise - complacent is the word that springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, that article came as a surprise - complacent is the word that springs to mind.
    Based on recent behaviour say over the last three or four seasons it's like the board don't want success as surely they can't believe that this approach is a recipe for success - revolving door of managers, money wasted paying them off, delays in appointing managers, reliance in loans, slow or late recruitment, allowing ourselves to fall into an embargo, lack of understanding of the FFP rules, lack of communication with the fans, etc and some of these repeated as errors or misjudgements

Staggering really but as someone else said not a surprise anymore

Still, I've heard that plans are well in hand. Can't moan about that though.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    What are the chances of it being true, bearing in mind that it is WOL reporting it.

WOL also ‘reported’ that City were in for Williams from Barnsley but further down the exact same article stated that ‘contacts at the club stated that this reported interest was wide of the mark’. They dont have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What are the chances of it being true, bearing in mind that it is WOL reporting it.
    But in the absence of anything else from the club then people will fill the silence - and don't say why should the club tell us their plans as they are asking for money from us and those on the fence probably want some assurances that the shit show of recent seasons is going to change - for mugs like me I'm already in and paid up

Premier League interest in Cardiff midfielder Rubin Colwill. Ipswich manager Kieran McKenna among the admirers but do expect the Wales international to stay put

My Google-ing skills aren’t good enough to answer this.

What date did we sign our first player last summer?

The lack of activity is already killing me but I think it was still 2-3 weeks later than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    My Google-ing skills aren’t good enough to answer this.

What date did we sign our first player last summer?

The lack of activity is already killing me but I think it was still 2-3 weeks later than this?
    Goutas July 5th, Meite July 7th, Ramsey July 12th I think, with Siopis coming in August.

not sure about the loanees

BIRMINGHAM CITY SIGN RYAN ALLSOP FROM HULL CITY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkufWYSCY0c

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

strange one.

with tans short arms and deep pockets approach and our useless scout system , nothing exciting will be coming our way

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    strange one.
    He is a strange one, he needs to slow down when he talking

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    with tans short arms and deep pockets approach and our useless scout system , nothing exciting will be coming our way
    What d’you mean? His trouser pockets are not far off his neck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    strange one.
    Think Allsop’s days were numbered at Hull once Rosenior left.