+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Poor Rishi .......again

  1. #1

    Poor Rishi .......again

    BBC News - Rishi Sunak's protection officer being investigated for bet on election date - BBC News
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cgeekd4nzvkt

  2. #2

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    What is it about the Tories that anyone within 5 yards of them is mired in sleeze and corruption.

  3. #3

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    What is it about the Tories that anyone within 5 yards of them is mired in sleeze and corruption.
    It is what they are. it is in their veins.

  4. #4

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Itís all about the money

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Cmon now. The lady just likes a bet.

    I go in the bookies regularly and she looks like your average punter studying the form and having a flutter.

    Probably came up on the screen and she had a fun bet.

    I'm sure the war in Ukraine , Covid influenced her as well not to mention there are left wing women MPs betting far worse in Europe blah blah blah.

  7. #7

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    She’s married to the Conservative Party Director of Campaigns it seems.

  8. #8

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    She’s married to the Conservative Party Director of Campaigns it seems.
    Not any more he isnít!!!!

  9. #9

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    If she's elected she should be suspended just like Craig Williams. Appalling abuse of power, essentially insider trading. Monumentally stupid behaviour too, all to seek a relatively small sum of money. In Craig Williams case he may win a few hundred quid but lose an MPs salary. Total idiot.

  10. #10

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If she's elected she should be suspended just like Craig Williams. Appalling abuse of power, essentially insider trading. Monumentally stupid behaviour too, all to seek a relatively small sum of money. In Craig Williams case he may win a few hundred quid but lose an MPs salary. Total idiot.
    Yes you would think the Tories would want at least 100k for their slip ups.

  11. #11

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cmon now. The lady just likes a bet.

    I go in the bookies regularly and she looks like your average punter studying the form and having a flutter.

    Probably came up on the screen and she had a fun bet.

    I'm sure the war in Ukraine , Covid influenced her as well not to mention there are left wing women MPs betting far worse in Europe blah blah blah.
    JamesWales blah blah blah

  12. #12

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    JamesWales blah blah blah
    You only have to scroll up two posts to see what I wrote, Joey. We are probably in complete agreement.

  13. #13

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Come on, give them a break, they were just being members of the whatís in it for me party - the 2019-24 version of it anyway. You know, the version where the term ďIím not going to comment while thereís an ongoing investigation taking placeĒ has become the norm.

  14. #14

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Craig Williams basically admitted he had a bet by saying what he did was a gross error of judgement. If Rishi wants everyone who had a bet out of the party then why is he waiting for any gambling commission enquiry.
    Just get rid of him and others now.

  15. #15

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Craig Williams basically admitted he had a bet by saying what he did was a gross error of judgement. If Rishi wants everyone who had a bet out of the party then why is he waiting for any gambling commission enquiry.
    Just get rid of him and others now.
    He's so weak

  16. #16

  17. #17

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think they want everybody to vote Starmer to give him a huge mandate.

  18. #18

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    BBC grammar fail in the first para. They would need a Time Machine to do that.

  19. #19

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Conservative Party withdraws support for the two Parliamentary candidates who have been named in this matter.

  20. #20

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Conservative Party withdraws support for the two Parliamentary candidates who have been named in this matter.
    Subliminal messaging at it's finest

  21. #21

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Conservative Party withdraws support for the two Parliamentary candidates who have been named in this matter.
    Five coppers and now a Labour Candidate suspended too.

    The wider it goes, the slightly more bizarre it gets. I can see how some very close to the PM trying to make money on it is stupid but surely the Labour MP and some in the police would have acted on nothing other than rumours?

    I struggle to see a huge issue?

    EDIT** It seems the Labour guy has been suspended for betting on himself to lose. That is bizarre, not particularly immoral but I can see why it's a definite suspension**

  22. #22

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Five coppers and now a Labour Candidate suspended too.

    The wider it goes, the slightly more bizarre it gets. I can see how some very close to the PM trying to make money on it is stupid but surely the Labour MP and some in the police would have acted on nothing other than rumours?

    I struggle to see a huge issue?

    EDIT** It seems the Labour guy has been suspended for betting on himself to lose. That is bizarre, not particularly immoral but I can see why it's a definite suspension**
    Depends where those 'rumours' came from.
    Craig Williams was close enough to Rishi to know. The police officers may work in number 10 and have overheard a comment, or travelled in a ministerial car and heard a conversation. All that would potentially qualify as having insider knowledge.

    Interestingly though, on Newsnight the day before the announcement, one of the political journalists said that all he's heard all day is that Rishi is going to announce on the following day the elecdate of July 4th. Decent odds were still available then for anyone to take advantage of. That rumour was in the public domain so wouldn't count.
    Only after that when Cameron returned home early, and another minister cancelled a trip did the odds plummet.

  23. #23
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    16,495

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Five coppers and now a Labour Candidate suspended too.

    The wider it goes, the slightly more bizarre it gets. I can see how some very close to the PM trying to make money on it is stupid but surely the Labour MP and some in the police would have acted on nothing other than rumours?

    I struggle to see a huge issue?

    EDIT** It seems the Labour guy has been suspended for betting on himself to lose. That is bizarre, not particularly immoral but I can see why it's a definite suspension**
    One of the justifiable suspensions!

    This comment from the Guardian rolling elction blog:

    Craig is the candidate in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich. That is a seat Dan Poulter won for the Tories in 2019 with a majority of 23,391. But some of the recent MRP polls have suggested it was on course to go Labour.


    Several layers of stupidity, immorality and miscalculation there!

  24. #24

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    One of the justifiable suspensions!

    This comment from the Guardian rolling elction blog:

    Craig is the candidate in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich. That is a seat Dan Poulter won for the Tories in 2019 with a majority of 23,391. But some of the recent MRP polls have suggested it was on course to go Labour.


    Several layers of stupidity, immorality and miscalculation there!
    Yeah it's pretty stupid behaviour. I guess we are dealing with something that some people suffer a serious addiction to, so I do try and bear that in mind, but still. This is just something, people will have to learn you can't do. I think betting on your own side is okay and betting on the date is a guess okay if it really is a guess, but it's best just left well alone.

  25. #25

    Re: Poor Rishi .......again

    The Labour guy is a berk, but I suppose it gives Starmer a chance to show what a “strong” leader he is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •