+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alcohol at the Euros

Alcohol at the Euros

so what's the score with having a beer in your seat?

Re: Alcohol at the Euros

Normal in German league games. There’s a beer man up and down the aisles, beer keg on his back with a nozzle. He fills the pints, they’re passed down the row and the money passed back along to him. At least that’s what the score was in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin about 6 or 7 years ago.

Not sure about the Euros situation but you can see fans with pints in their hands.

Isn’t it 0% alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Isn’t it 0% alcohol
    Is that possible?

Isn’t it 0% alcohol
    I’m sure it wasn’t when I watched Hertha v Bayern Munich, every bugger was steaming

well we need to get up with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    well we need to get up with the times.
    Bugger that, getting soaked every time the City score………..oh, hang on!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Normal in German league games. There’s a beer man up and down the aisles, beer keg on his back with a nozzle. He fills the pints, they’re passed down the row and the money passed back along to him. At least that’s what the score was in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin about 6 or 7 years ago.

Not sure about the Euros situation but you can see fans with pints in their hands.
    Couldn’t see the cash reaching the pint pourer down the City 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Couldn’t see the cash reaching the pint pourer down the City ��
    It’s cashless anyway but could you imagine the debit card being photographed by everyone down the line, flipped over, 3 numbers on the back

It’s cashless anyway but could you imagine the debit card being photographed by everyone down the line, flipped over, 3 numbers on the back
    Thinking about it now, i couldn’t see the pint reaching the punter either 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    so what's the score with having a beer in your seat?
    Drinking in the seat is normal everywhere bar Britain is it not?

Think it’s normal beer, apart from when England are playing then it’s 2% because they’re proper naughty

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

Think it’s normal beer, apart from when England are playing then it’s 2% because they’re proper naughty
    Scotland is behind us I think. Unless it's recently changed I don't think you can buy it in the ground at all.

Isn’t it 0% alcohol
    I know they do that in the Nou Camp, although no one told me until after and I didn’t notice lol.

I've been to a couple of Bundesliga games in the last 18 months or so where only low (very low!) alcohol beer was available - the Hamburg derby and Leipzig v Hertha spring to mind. Even in Germany, it is not a given.

I'd be surprised if alcohol is served at many of these Euro games - but I may be wrong.

Isn’t it 0% alcohol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Is that po ssible?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I know they do that in the Nou Camp, although no one told me until after and I didn’t notice lol.

When myself and the Mrs used to follow Wales ( when they were shit & unfashionable), all grounds were 0% alcohol

The tossers still used to buy it

Bugger that, getting soaked every time the City score………..oh, hang on!

Not sports-related, but i took Mrs h to London last summer and took in a couple of shows - you could order from your seat and have it brought to you.
    New \theate and WMC don't do that, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I've been to a couple of Bundesliga games in the last 18 months or so where only low (very low!) alcohol beer was available - the Hamburg derby and Leipzig v Hertha spring to mind. Even in Germany, it is not a given.

I'd be surprised if alcohol is served at many of these Euro games - but I may be wrong.
    Yeah I went to the 2006 world cup there and I've seen Hannover play, albeit not recently. Also seen games in a few other countries and I must admit I can't picture myself with a beer at these games, unlike when I've been to Twickenham, Murrayfield etc when I have routinely drunk during the games

Isn't the drinking at foreign grounds the reason why they have those large nets behind the goal, so that the plastic glasses don't rain down on the opposition keeper?

Bitburger is the official beer of Euro 24. It's on sale at all the stadia and fanzones.

According to The Sun the England v Serbia crowd were only served 2.5% Bitburger shandy but for the Denmark game it'll be back to normal with fans able to but 4.8% Bitburger Pils in the ground and to take to their seats.

You can certainly take a drink into the New Theatre but I don’t think they bring it to your seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    According to The Sun the England v Serbia crowd were only served 2.5% Bitburger shandy but for the Denmark game it'll be back to normal with fans able to but 4.8% Bitburger Pils in the ground and to take to their seats.
    Blimey. As above, even in the Bundesliga there are certain 'higher risk' games where only low alcohol beer is available. I'm tempted to say good luck with Denmark v England!