+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Kicking Arse

  1. #1

    Kicking Arse


  2. #2

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Confused lady.

  3. #3

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Confused lady.
    What would you say she is confused about?

    It's a meandering rant but she is pretty much spot on. The UK is a very wealthy powerful country when it suits people but seemingly it's impossible to give people a dignified existence unless they excel or exploit people.

    If you listen to a financial advisor they will tell you that to create a a comfortable dignified existence later in life, you need to structure your finances so that you are only spending ~30% of your wages on wages and bills. On the median full time salary, even as a single person with no dependents, this is impossible in large parts of the country. Have we really reached the point where we are saying that the best the UK can offer to its average citizen is to work your whole adult life and then be offered an uncomfortable undignified retirement? What a life..

    There is a storm coming, a lot people are sacrificing their future to exist now because living the other way round doesn't work anymore.

  4. #4

    Re: Kicking Arse

    But but but but but Covid , Ukraine blah blah blah.

    She's right.

  5. #5

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What would you say she is confused about?

    It's a meandering rant but she is pretty much spot on. The UK is a very wealthy powerful country when it suits people but seemingly it's impossible to give people a dignified existence unless they excel or exploit people.

    If you listen to a financial advisor they will tell you that to create a a comfortable dignified existence later in life, you need to structure your finances so that you are only spending ~30% of your wages on wages and bills. On the median full time salary, even as a single person with no dependents, this is impossible in large parts of the country. Have we really reached the point where we are saying that the best the UK can offer to its average citizen is to work your whole adult life and then be offered an uncomfortable undignified retirement? What a life..

    There is a storm coming, a lot people are sacrificing their future to exist now because living the other way round doesn't work anymore.
    She's confused because she isn't a tory like him

    The Tories who currently reside in the where are they now ? files

  6. #6

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Confused lady.
    She's confused jim, yet if anyone is critical about some of the motives behind people voting Brexit you start shouting at people for generalising and you do that Mr 'Alternative view on things that us Monkeys seem to be missing or not understanding' The mask slips though, it's just your way of attempting to disguise your real thoughts. You've just discredited this Lady because you don't like what she is saying, well, millions of people are saying it, but they're all 'Confused' i suppose Jim. You're breaking character a fair bit on here lately, Jim.

  7. #7

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Its the easiest thing in the world to rant , perhaps she should consider the trillions of debt our bloated public services cost us . What about performance, what about reducing pension liabilities for better wages .

    When some in the public sectors says i'm only on 25 or 30k add another 15 tax payers funding due thier vefy good retirement plans , generous leave , excellent working conditions, WFH , and pensions that far outweigh private sector ,thats why so many retire very early because they have been looked after by the public purse for very little payback in the way of performance and output .

    Sounded like she was an audience plant with a well scripted rant .

  8. #8

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its the easiest thing in the world to rant , perhaps she should consider the trillions of debt our bloated public services cost us . What about performance, what about reducing pension liabilities for better wages .

    When some in the public sectors says i'm only on 25 or 30k add another 15 tax payers funding due thier vefy good retirement plans , generous leave , excellent working conditions, WFH , and pensions that far outweigh private sector ,thats why so many retire very early because they have been looked after by the public purse for very little payback in the way of performance and output .

    Sounded like she was an audience plant with a well scripted rant .
    Your lot actually have increased pension liabilities on to the employee and at the same time reduced wages dramatically compared to inflation.

    But fair play on your right wing rant.🤣

  9. #9

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its the easiest thing in the world to rant , perhaps she should consider the trillions of debt our bloated public services cost us . What about performance, what about reducing pension liabilities for better wages .

    When some in the public sectors says i'm only on 25 or 30k add another 15 tax payers funding due thier vefy good retirement plans , generous leave , excellent working conditions, WFH , and pensions that far outweigh private sector ,thats why so many retire very early because they have been looked after by the public purse for very little payback in the way of performance and output .

    Sounded like she was an audience plant with a well scripted rant .
    Tell us that story that you used to vote Labour again

    It's bollocks but it's amusing

  10. #10

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its the easiest thing in the world to rant , perhaps she should consider the trillions of debt our bloated public services cost us . What about performance, what about reducing pension liabilities for better wages .

    When some in the public sectors says i'm only on 25 or 30k add another 15 tax payers funding due thier vefy good retirement plans , generous leave , excellent working conditions, WFH , and pensions that far outweigh private sector ,thats why so many retire very early because they have been looked after by the public purse for very little payback in the way of performance and output .

    Sounded like she was an audience plant with a well scripted rant .
    worker Vs worker, Murdoch sends his thanks for being his useful idiot.

  11. #11

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    worker Vs worker, Murdoch sends his thanks for being his useful idiot.
    The good thing is it seems we will be getting rid of these government sycophants and stooges for 5 years and maybe more

  12. #12

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The good thing is it seems we will be getting rid of these government sycophants and stooges for 5 years and maybe more
    The problem is that doesn't change much if there is a sizeable proportion of the country that thinks an average earner having fair terms and conditions or a decent pension is disgraceful, and there are plenty of them. They come out to play every year when pay deals are announced but conveniently go missing when a multimillionaire CEO gets a 45% pay rise.

  13. #13

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    She's confused jim, yet if anyone is critical about some of the motives behind people voting Brexit you start shouting at people for generalising and you do that Mr 'Alternative view on things that us Monkeys seem to be missing or not understanding' The mask slips though, it's just your way of attempting to disguise your real thoughts. You've just discredited this Lady because you don't like what she is saying, well, millions of people are saying it, but they're all 'Confused' i suppose Jim. You're breaking character a fair bit on here lately, Jim.
    She's confused because it's a series of unrelated and often contradictory statements that raise more questions than they solve.

    For example, housing isn't unaffordable because wages have dropped off they are unaffordable because their value has skyrocketed. To raise wages to the level so that wages v house prices was at the pre 2000s norm would have the more staggering impact on the economy imaginable (and not solve the problem in hand, as house prices would rise further).

    Np one's mentioned Brexit, but what I do generally appreciate on that topic is that people who propose being in the EU as a solution cast their eye on that place and then realise that it likely isn't.

    It's all very well to think the grass is greener when you can't see over the fence but when a quick Google search gives you the RAL colour of all the grass in every field in the world it's a bit annoying that it's never checked.

  14. #14

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The problem is that doesn't change much if there is a sizeable proportion of the country that thinks an average earner having fair terms and conditions or a decent pension is disgraceful, and there are plenty of them. They come out to play every year when pay deals are announced but conveniently go missing when a multimillionaire CEO gets a 45% pay rise.
    Who thinks people having good working conditions or a fair pensions is disgraceful?

    If it's about 2% of the population I would be amazed.

  15. #15

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    She's confused because it's a series of unrelated and often contradictory statements that raise more questions than they solve.

    For example, housing isn't unaffordable because wages have dropped off they are unaffordable because their value has skyrocketed. To raise wages to the level so that wages v house prices was at the pre 2000s norm would have the more staggering impact on the economy imaginable (and not solve the problem in hand, as house prices would rise further).

    Np one's mentioned Brexit, but what I do generally appreciate on that topic is that people who propose being in the EU as a solution cast their eye on that place and then realise that it likely isn't.

    It's all very well to think the grass is greener when you can't see over the fence but when a quick Google search gives you the RAL colour of all the grass in every field in the world it's a bit annoying that it's never checked.
    Eh ?

  16. #16

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Who thinks people having good working conditions or a fair pensions is disgraceful?

    If it's about 2% of the population I would be amazed.
    Most Tories

  17. #17

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    She's confused because it's a series of unrelated and often contradictory statements that raise more questions than they solve.

    For example, housing isn't unaffordable because wages have dropped off they are unaffordable because their value has skyrocketed. To raise wages to the level so that wages v house prices was at the pre 2000s norm would have the more staggering impact on the economy imaginable (and not solve the problem in hand, as house prices would rise further).

    Np one's mentioned Brexit, but what I do generally appreciate on that topic is that people who propose being in the EU as a solution cast their eye on that place and then realise that it likely isn't.

    It's all very well to think the grass is greener when you can't see over the fence but when a quick Google search gives you the RAL colour of all the grass in every field in the world it's a bit annoying that it's never checked.
    The magic bullet is building enough houses that house prices do not rise on average, but people who own houses are aghast at that because the dream they have been sold of retiring on the profit generated by their house is shattered.

    It's not strictly true to say wages haven't contributed though, it's a combination of both incomings and outgoings. When compared with 2002 if the pay for my role had stayed neutral in real terms I would be earning 40% more than I am today, that would make a big difference. I am no outlier, that is basically every public sector role and although I don't have the numbers probably most people working in normal private sector roles too.

  18. #18

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Who thinks people having good working conditions or a fair pensions is disgraceful?

    If it's about 2% of the population I would be amazed.
    Peoples definition of fair/good is anchored in the past. Lots of people who thought 50k was a great salary in the 90s, still think it's a great salary now.

    Look at the reaction every time a normal working person strikes for better pay or conditions.

    There is this lingering popular idea that if you don't like your lot, find another job, completely forgetting the obviously systemic problem that the job still exists/needs to be done and whoever is in it will face the same problems.

  19. #19

    Re: Kicking Arse

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Who thinks people having good working conditions or a fair pensions is disgraceful?

    If it's about 2% of the population I would be amazed.
    Well every Tom, Dick and Harry slagged off the train drivers only recently

    Everyone could do that job , apparently and they were holding the country to ransom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •