+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Girlfriend’s Dilemma

Girlfriend’s Dilemma

Missus just read out a funny thing to me.

‘ I’ve been going steady with Carl for 3 years now and at the moment we’re on our first holiday abroad. When our plane landed I discovered that he’s one of those wankers who claps when it lands. Do I bin him?’

Well I found it amusing.

Re: Girlfriend’s Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

‘ I’ve been going steady with Carl for 3 years now and at the moment we’re on our first holiday abroad. When our plane landed I discovered that he’s one of those wankers who claps when it lands. Do I bin him?’

Well I found it amusing.
    🤣

And the answer is yes.

Well I found it amusing.
    When did this start as a thing - just been to Spain and there was applause there and back - I thought that only happened when it was a dodgy landing - maybe it is catching from COVID when health were clapped each week 🤔

Well I found it amusing.
    If he was on a Boeing, that's quite an achievement these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    When did this start as a thing - just been to Spain and there was applause there and back - I thought that only happened when it was a dodgy landing - maybe it is catching from COVID when health were clapped each week 🤔
    I always thought that it was a 70s-80s thing, when people didn't fly that much. It obviously hasn't died out then. I uppose it's away of showing appreciation, Aviations version of 'Cheers Drive) although it's a bit moronic.

Funny though.

People tip or thank someone bringing them some reheated food, they will tip the taxi driver, they will say thanks drive to the bus driver but clap a landing by a highly skilled pilot flying hundreds of millions worth of metal over countries and continents and you're a ****ing weirdo

Can't say I take part, not since I was encouraged to as a little kid by my nan about 25 years ago but I've always assumed it was a mix of relief and some appreciation to the flight crew.

It would happen regularly whenever I flew into Mumbai from Delhi, but then they were all pretty dodgy landings!

International

Well I found it amusing.
    Defo bin him

Well I found it amusing.
    Definitely ...took him 3 years to take her abroad. He will be clapping the landing next ....

I wonder if it was a female pilot and he thought that task was beyond her?
    He probably thinks, despite no training whatsoever, that he can reverse the plane into the gate better than she ever could.

Well I found it amusing.
    Hopefully he was clever, booked it on her credit card, and be happy if she dumps him and be released fron duty. Is her name Tracy, Charmagne or Mercedez per chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ��

And the answer is yes.
    Unless he's the pilot.