+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Campaign Tickets question

Wales Campaign Tickets question

I suspect that a few people on here are Red Wall members and have received the recent details from the FAW on the next Campaign tickets offer.

My question is, and I think that I know the answer :-( , will Red Wall members be able to buy campaign tickets for the WC qualifiers only, as I have no real interest in going to Nations League games, as well?

Re: Wales Campaign Tickets question

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I suspect that a few people on here are Red Wall members and have received the recent details from the FAW on the next Campaign tickets offer.

My question is, and I think that I know the answer :-( , will Red Wall members be able to buy campaign tickets for the WC qualifiers only, as I have no real interest in going to Nations League games, as well?
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
    That is what I am thinking too :-/

No, there is no WC offer. Of course you may get four WC qualifier games in that price with three Nations League games thrown in for "free" that you can miss.

Am I right in thinking that it's obligatory to pay £24 for so-called Red Wall Membership to purchase tickets in the first place?
    (And despite purchasing every batch of tickets for all competitions in recent years?)

I can't say I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Am I right in thinking that it's obligatory to pay £24 for so-called Red Wall Membership to purchase tickets in the first place?
    (And despite purchasing every batch of tickets for all competitions in recent years?)

I can't say I like the idea.
    Think it's the only way to buy campaign tickets and be guaranteedthe same seat each game.
    When match tickets go on sale they'll be offered to red wall members first, then any left will go on general sale.

I also noticed that one off WC tickets are going up so the ‘saving’ by buying early looks ok. Of course you have to shell out for every game, some more than a 15 months away. The only plus is your usual seat and probably a good advantage in getting WC USA tickets if……

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    No, there is no WC offer. Of course you may get four WC qualifier games in that price with three Nations League games thrown in for "free" that you can miss.
    Multiple that 3 time (or even 4) for my boys and those ‘free’ games add up to quite a bit!

Multiple that 3 time (or even 4) for my boys and those ‘free’ games add up to quite a bit!
    Yes I have the same dilemma and none of the games are on the weekend either making it more difficult to attend.

I renewed our memberships but won’t buy a campaign ticket and just buy tickets for the games I can make , I’m sure there will be plenty available if you have red wall membership

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Think it's the only way to buy campaign tickets and be guaranteedthe same seat each game.
    When match tickets go on sale they'll be offered to red wall members first, then any left will go on general sale.
    I think that is fair enough. You don't have to have Red Wall membership to get tickets but if you don't you risk not getting them if demand is high, which it has been in recent years. And you certainly won't be able to sit where you usually sit. You also get a pin badge and patch which would probably cost you £10-15 if you bought them so membership isn't actually that much. It's not perfect but not much is.

Yeah, for sure.
    I ditched my Red Wall membership when the campaign tickets started including the Nations League. We also get too many games now on a Friday or Sunday evening which is a major issue for me (and I guess other "exiles").

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Yeah, for sure.
    I ditched my Red Wall membership when the campaign tickets started including the Nations League. We also get too many games now on a Friday or Sunday evening which is a major issue for me (and I guess other "exiles").
    Yep.

You make a good point about games being spread around on weekdays - they make it difficult if you live in Surrey….😥

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think that is fair enough. You don't have to have Red Wall membership to get tickets but if you don't you risk not getting them if demand is high, which it has been in recent years. And you certainly won't be able to sit where you usually sit. You also get a pin badge and patch which would probably cost you £10-15 if you bought them so membership isn't actually that much. It's not perfect but not much is.
    I’d rather a £10 membership and the option to buy a patch and pin badge if I want to. I reckon a solid 95% of the patches end up in the bin, I can only recall seeing a handful across the last qualifying campaign.

It’s just a way to bulk up the price by including cheap (for the FAW to provide) tat.

I know over the years the SFA have produced a variety of “Scotland Supporters Club” shirts for members. Plenty were on show at the Euros and they all look smart and decent quality.

I know over the years the SFA have produced a variety of “Scotland Supporters Club” shirts for members. Plenty were on show at the Euros and they all look smart and decent quality.

Are they made to last longer than 10 days ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Are they made to last longer than 10 days ?
    I've heard they only do a first round in the washing machine.

Will be interesting whether the number they sell falls, with a pretty uninspiring nations league and what is likely to be a tough ask to qualify for the world cup, which doesn't begin for many months.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Will be interesting whether the number they sell falls, with a pretty uninspiring nations league and what is likely to be a tough ask to qualify for the world cup, which doesn't begin for many months.
    I’d settle for a few wins against the ‘uninspiring’.

Yep.

You make a good point about games being spread around on weekdays - they make it difficult if you live in Surrey….😥
    Yep, same issue for me, had very painful journeys home after the Finland and Poland games on the Thursday and Tuesday evenings with motorway closures - not fun getting home after 2am, especially after the Poland game!