+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Was this song written

Was this song written

About Harvey Weinstein?
    From the late 70’s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3vIW7saNMc

Re: Was this song written

In a word, no - though I can see why you might think that. Although it sounds like it was based on Weinstein, the song was actually recorded in 1979, long before Weinstein got involved with Hollywood films. Miramax (his company) was only formed in Dec 79, and their early years were tied up with music benefit concerts, and licensing foreign films for remakes. It wasn't until the late eighties that the company rose to prominence in California.
    If you put 'King of Hollywood' into Wikipedia, it lists Clark Gable, Douglas Fairbanks, and Louis B Mayer as having had that nickname. All three were known womanisers, but only Mayer could really be called a producer. Sadly, Weinstein wasn't the first producer to use the casting couch for his own benefit, and he probably won't be the last either.

Wasn't Hitchcock a dirty old rotter ?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    In a word, no - though I can see why you might think that. Although it sounds like it was based on Weinstein, the song was actually recorded in 1979, long before Weinstein got involved with Hollywood films. Miramax (his company) was only formed in Dec 79, and their early years were tied up with music benefit concerts, and licensing foreign films for remakes. It wasn't until the late eighties that the company rose to prominence in California.
    If you put 'King of Hollywood' into Wikipedia, it lists Clark Gable, Douglas Fairbanks, and Louis B Mayer as having had that nickname. All three were known womanisers, but only Mayer could really be called a producer. Sadly, Weinstein wasn't the first producer to use the casting couch for his own benefit, and he probably won't be the last either.
    I realise that, it just struck a chord hearing it earlier.