The extended highlights of the game on the club website have the best view of the incident I've seen so far. There is a slowed down close up of Douglas' challenge on Bamba (the picture quality isn't too great mind) and the challenge is a bit more naughty than I thought it was, but it's hardly the "leg breaker" and automatic red card offence that I've seen some claim it to be - definitely a free kick and, perhaps, a yellow card, but no more than that.

I would have expected there to be much more of a reaction from other City players if the tackle had been as bad as it has been made out to be by some, but they carry on playing while Bamba is down and it takes a while before the ball is put out for a throw in - hardly the actions of players incensed by a really bad tackle on one of their team mates.

It's when the physio comes on that things start getting a bit strange, because, for a while, Bamba allows him to get on with his job as normal. However, after about ten seconds, it's obvious that something happens which makes Bamba lose it and it's then that he shoves the physio and knocks him over - the force involved would not have been enough to knock him over if he had been stood up, but he was squatting as he treated Bamba and so could not keep his balance.

It certainly looks as if something was said or done to upset Bamba, but, given that he completely ignores the physio as he gets up and starts walking infield, it cannot have come from the poor bloke treating him who must have had the shock of his life. The commentator says that the nearest Ipswich player to Bamba as he was lying on the floor, David McGoldrick, has "clearly" said something to upset the City player and, perhaps, that's right, but, after a bit of pushing and shoving with him, Bamba seems less interested in continuing with that and more in speakign to either the ref or Douglas (who is being lectured by the official for his challenge).

From here, the coverage becomes much the same as in the pictures from Sky and Channel 5 we've already seen. Pilkington intervenes and gets shoved by Bamba for his trouble, Morrison then leads Bamba off to the sidelines, where he starts having a go at the fourth official, but the pictures show that the red card is only produced after Neil Warnock becomes involved - if anything, I'd say the ref was a bit slow in sending Bamba off given what had been going on before the clash with our manager.

Watching it all set me thinking of two things. Firstly, the part in that recent documentary about the game at West Brom where a team of black players took on a team of white players when George Berry told of how he snapped and went into the crowd to confront someone who had been racially abusing him as he walked off the pitch after a game and second, a reserve team game from around fifteen years ago at the old Leckwith stadium against Luton reserves where, in a match where there had barely been a foul, Des Hamilton suddenly knocked an opponent (his name was Bayliss I believe) down with a single punch to his face - Hamilton was walking off before the ref had got his red card out and it later emerged that he had been racially abused by the player he punched.

Bamba's reaction is like someone who has seen or heard something that makes him lose it and it does make me wonder if something was said to him about the colour of his skin, but, there is quite a bit to suggest that, whatever got Bamba upset, it was not of a racial nature;-

1. McGoldrick is black himself, so, to me at least, it would make no sense at all for him to say anything racist to Bamba.
2. If there was a racist remark made by someone, there were a few other City players around who would have had to have heard it as well and yet, apart from those who were trying to calm Bamba down, there was no reaction at all from them when you would have thought they would have got involved to the extent that there would have been a much bigger fracas if something of a racial nature had been said.
3. After the red card had been shown, Craig Noone comes to the touchline and it's pretty clear that he is not happy with what his colleague has done - if there had been something that had happened which would explain, or partly excuse, Bamba's behaviour, it's hard to imagine that Noone would have reacted as he did.
4. I would have thought City would have issued some sort of statement on the matter by now if there had been an allegation or feeling that racist abuse was the reason why Bamba reacted as he did.

So, although there is now more of the incident available to Cardiff City World subscribers at least, if anything it only makes what upset Bamba so much harder to figure out.