Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
I think you have to tell the supermarket they are vulnerable surely.
Perhaps you didn't read the message I got from Sainsbury's.
We’re really sorry, but we haven’t been able to identify you as one of our elderly or most vulnerable customers based on the information we have. At the moment we’re prioritising vulnerable customers for registration, and we’re working with the government to identify those who are most in need.

Apparently that is PHE - Public Health England, so my parents will not be on that list at all.

They identify new customers by e-mail address. I don't think PHE has the e-mail address of anyone seen to be vulnerable. And, I am fairly certain that GDPR rules would prevent sharing.

I am fairly certain that supermarkets are not taking calls at present. If they are, I am fairly confident they won't take a person's word for it that they are, indeed, vulnerable.

I the meantime, a work colleague (not vulnerable) has just posted his thanks to Sainsbury's for delivering his order which, mostly, consisted of beer and pizza.

In the meantime, my parents have gone onto Morrison's website - and they can't even select the overpriced £30 mystery boxes because the icon turns to a no entry side when they hover over the word "Select".

I am not knocking the supermarkets, they are stretched by panic buyers and hoarders. Part of the reason I am slightly desperate is because I refrained from doing that - "just buy normally, and it will be alright". Yeah, until you end up on 14 day lockdown because of symptoms (and I reckon it is a cold - imagine if somehow we could be tested!).

It's clear you haven't done any research into this, but here you are spouting out nonsense claiming that this is all under control. It isn't. And, I wouldn't be surprised if symptomatic people, or people living with symptomatic people are having to pop out to get some groceries.