+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vinyl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My deck cost me around £400. That might seem a lot to some. That's not even entry level to others! I'm very happy with it but I reckon if I heard a £2000 deck mine would seem ordinary.
    But how many people could tell the difference between your £400 kit: a £2k kit and a basic cd player? I'm sure there is a difference and even to the untrained ear, i can tell the difference between analog and digital sound. But how much do you need to spend to have decent sound quality from vinyl?

Re: Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    But how many people could tell the difference between your £400 kit: a £2k kit and a basic cd player? I'm sure there is a difference and even to the untrained ear, i can tell the difference between analog and digital sound. But how much do you need to spend to have decent sound quality from vinyl?
    Absolutely. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder. There's also no reason why more expensive means a better bit of equipment for that person. There's no reason why someone couldn't pay £100 for a good entry level deck that suits them better than one several times that price.