Influential (not favourite) albums growing up, I’ve limited it until I was around 26 (1985), and to keep it short, omitted the majority of the popular stuff I liked, also not included the heavier stuff Led Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Lizzy, Rainbow. Etc. Didn’t mind the synth electronic stuff, but never got punk, ska, reggae. Shockingly omitted Bowie, but during this time I just wasn’t really a fan.
Working from home a lot at the moment means, I can have some background music on all day
1) Slayed, this is the 1st album i bought (that i can remember, and still have my original copy) I did like T Rex before Slade, but the only record I bought of theirs was Metal Guru
2) Tubular Bells, totally went against anything I was listening to at the time, it’s not my favourite Oldfield however. (Crises being my favourite)
3) DSOM, this was the lights out, lying on floor on back, speaker at each ear, bottle of Newccy brown.
4) Bat out of Hell (paradise at the dashboard light on the OGWT)
5) No Parlez, The fretless bass slides.
6) Breakfast in America, Just a great Album IMO
7) The Final Cut, My favourite Floyd Album, I used to go to the HIFI shows over in Bristol to listen to the gear I couldn’t afford, 1st and only time I have heard an LP12 Sondek, Mission were using it in front of their amplification and speakers and was drop dead stunning, whilst I still play vinyl and ironically could afford one now, I don’t play vinyl enough to justify the outlay to get an LP12.
8) Dire Straits, Their debut, as a wanna be axe at the time, Mark Knopfler’s playing style was a style that I’d not heard at the time, so refreshing from the 100 mph speed merchants.
9) Seconds out, live offering from Genesis with my favourite version of Suppers Ready. Post Gabriel, but the one everyone loves to knock (including me!) carries the vocals with ease.
10) A Night at the Opera, not a great queen fan but this was different by a distance, when Bohemian Rhapsody given its 1st airing on Top of the Pops it was just something totally left field and it took a while for me to give it time.

What you got ? it’s not easy leaving out some classic stuff.