+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This adulation of Leeds United

Re: This adulation of Leeds United

i preffered Leeds over Arsenal as a kid (70's) ...is that bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    slude might try and fill you in

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I prefer man united to liverpool but they are both a team of *****

Anyone remember partying in cardiff the day we beat QPR in the play off final

That was a good laugh

Loads of sorts out that day

I shared my chips with one , she was enchanted

I don't remember the 60s. But when I was a kid in the 70s, Leeds were as big as Liverppol and Man U. Or at least they seemed so. I can still remember the names of most of their team. I can remember watching them get robbed/mugged in the 1975 European Cup final. Are they as big as they think they are? Absolutely not, but they're bigger than the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Southampton etc. If they were inconsequential, we (and everyone else) wouldn't hate them so much. Don't forget, Chelsea were very much a yo-yo club in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Anyone remember partying in cardiff the day we beat QPR in the play off final

That was a good laugh

Loads of sorts out that day

I shared my chips with one , she was enchanted
    You spelt entrapped wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't remember the 60s. But when I was a kid in the 70s, Leeds were as big as Liverppol and Man U. Or at least they seemed so. I can still remember the names of most of their team. I can remember watching them get robbed/mugged in the 1975 European Cup final. Are they as big as they think they are? Absolutely not, but they're bigger than the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Southampton etc. If they were inconsequential, we (and everyone else) wouldn't hate them so much. Don't forget, Chelsea were very much a yo-yo club in the 80s.
    Chelsea have spent far more time in the top flight than Leeds, which surprised me a little. For virtually their entire pre-Abramovich history, they rarely threatened the top sides.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Forest and Villa didn’t win the top division in the 90s or compete In the champions league and challenge for the league title in the 2000’s.

Leeds have challenged at the top table in the Sky TV era. None of the others you mention have except for Newcastle who get plenty of media attention and also only spent 1 season out of the PL and did what was expected and bounced back straight away.

Leeds also have a bitter rivalry with Manchester United the biggest club in the country.
    Villa and Leeds have had really good attendance numbers at their games in the Championship too. Way more than Forest, City et al. Isn't it the case that Leeds' average attendances in recent seasons has been greater than Cardiff City Stadium could accommodate?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Villa and Leeds have had really good attendance numbers at their games in the Championship too. Way more than Forest, City et al. Isn't it the case that Leeds' average attendances in recent seasons has been greater than Cardiff City Stadium could accommodate?
    No, it isn't the case, apparently

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Yeah, OK Mate.
    😄
    Sorry, Leeds are not even the biggest club in West Yorkshire