+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Plaster

O/T - Plaster

Trying to get hold of some thistle multi finish plaster 25kg bags

tryed the local B&Q but none in stock and appears to be like gold dust at the minute . B & Q do offer an alternative but not the same quality

any plasterers /builders know anywhere in south wales I could get some or maybe some hidden in the back of your van i could lend

Re: O/T - Plaster

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

tryed the local B&Q but none in stock and appears to be like gold dust at the minute . B & Q do offer an alternative but not the same quality

any plasterers /builders know anywhere in south wales I could get some or maybe some hidden in the back of your van i could lend
    Selco

It's like gold dust at the moment. The builders yards are getting three pallets a week, it's gone within an hour or two.Limited to ten bags in selco and five bags at the smaller establishments. Nobody knows when it's coming in, neither do the builders merchants until the last minute. It's causing chaos as nobody can finish their projects.

B and Q have a range called 'Make Good' and travis Perkins have drafted in a load of Knauf plaster, absolutely robbing people for it, plenty down there. The only thing you can do is stake out the builders merchants or look at Wickes website, they will tell you availability in other branches, it could mean an early morning drive to gloucester or swindon. Alternatively, get your spread to use the stuff in B and Q, it works a bit differently and doesn't trowel up in the same way Multi does, there may be a bit of a compromise, although he (or she) is competent enough then they'll work it out for themselves by doing a test patch before they start.

Wickes Cheltenham-65 bags-Wickes Oxford-376 bags. Get the motor running.

will give them a bell first thing in the morning

will give them a bell first thing in the morning
    They wont tell you when it's coming in, only if they have stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They wont tell you when it's coming in, only if they have stock.
    If they’re short they might be asking Mozzer if he can lend them some

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If they’re short they might be asking Mozzer if he can lend them some
    Also available in Tuerto's garage-A ****ing right stock pile

are you still spreading mate ?

Every plasterer I have met of my age either gave it up in their early forties or walk around with a bad back all day

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    are you still spreading mate ?

Every plasterer I have met of my age either gave it up in their early forties or walk around with a bad back all day
    Still at it, although i've got a very cushy number now. Can't stop mate, still doing weekends etc, don't really need the money, just don't know what else to do with myself! My shoulder isn't great, damage is done, although when it's warmed up then it feels ok. Nerves in my wrist are dodgy as well, they come alive as and when!

Still at it, although i've got a very cushy number now. Can't stop mate, still doing weekends etc, don't really need the money, just don't know what else to do with myself! My shoulder isn't great, damage is done, although when it's warmed up then it feels ok. Nerves in my wrist are dodgy as well, they come alive as and when!
    My wrist is dodgy

I have never done any plastering

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My wrist is dodgy

I have never done any plastering
    You've probably taken more strokes than every plasterer in Cardiff, combined

Thistle Board Finish is the new toilet roll

only need 6 bags so i;ll pay above the going rate too

only need 6 bags so i;ll pay above the going rate too
    Can't Mozz, sorry, i've only got enough to last me three jobs at the moment, i'm in the queue same as everyone else. If i could help you i would. I'll keep my eye out for you mate, visiting Travis Perkins in the morning.

Can't Mozz, sorry, i've only got enough to last me three jobs at the moment, i'm in the queue same as everyone else. If i could help you i would. I'll keep my eye out for you mate, visiting Travis Perkins in the morning.
    Just to add, i wouldn't over charge anyone on here (apart from DML) if i get you some then you'll pay what i pay.

appreciated
    will be on the dog and bone to every merchants around the midlands tomorrow too !

was looking forward to a nice new and shiny hall landing and stairs by next weekend . oh well ..............

appreciated
    will be on the dog and bone to every merchants around the midlands tomorrow too !

was looking forward to a nice new and shiny hall landing and stairs by next weekend . oh well ..............
    They seem to have more in stock in the midlands, Check the Wickes website for availability, it's pretty accurate,

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thistle Board Finish is the new toilet roll
    Thistle board, best plaster out there-it's all multi finish these days, a bit to fatty for my liking.

They seem to have more in stock in the midlands, Check the Wickes website for availability, it's pretty accurate,
    well i,m in that region for the next 3 days so will check out if wickes have stores around brum , coventry , walsall ,wolves etc

well i,m in that region for the next 3 days so will check out if wickes have stores around brum , coventry , walsall ,wolves etc
    You should be ok then. If i see any i'll pick it up, if you've already got some by then, no worries, i know a man who will use it

Sorry Mozz but I think you mean "borrow" or Cardiff speak "av a lend"

BLUETIT gonna fuming he missed this.

LOADSAMONEY

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Sorry Mozz but I think you mean "borrow" or Cardiff speak "av a lend"

BLUETIT gonna fuming he missed this.

LOADSAMONEY
    I didn't miss it but I bit my lip.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I didn't miss it but I bit my lip.
    I stealthily alluded to it in an earlier post, think I got away with it

May be a bit late now but the wickes website is saying there are loads available at their cardiff west branch