Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
I listened to Dido Harding and her colleagues being scrutinised by the Select Committee this afternoon. I'm no fan of the test and trace arrangements which have failed miserably but I have some sympathy with the issues they face. When you hear about the hurdles the test and trace people had to jump in order to set up the system such as developing a diagnostic industry from virtually nothing, coupled with Hancock announcing targets which he must have known could not be met, it's no wonder test and trace is the shambles it is. I shudder to think how they will achieve 500,000 tests per day when there is no capacity in the laboratories or trained staff to analyse the tests but I guess this will be another target that will not be met. You have to wonder whether test and trace are being set up to fail so the government will have someone else to blame for failure. The government would be far better off not announcing targets they must know will fail leading to even more criticism later on.

No doubt many on here will believe that if Labour were in charge things would go better but somehow I doubt it as the same practical difficulties would be faced but it's possible the messaging would be better as it could hardly be worse. I'm not going to reply to any further posts on this subject so don't bother having a go at me as everyone is entitled to their views even if they are not die hard Labour supporters.
It is all about lies lies and more lies a total shambles,trying to fool the country.