+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: COVID - Something has to change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: COVID - Something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Seems to have levelled out on cases and deaths after the upturn a few weeks back, no reason it shouldn’t do the same here hopefully if we adhere to SD.
    Given what Jon says, that last bit may be a problem - speaking for myself, with almost half of the Welsh new cases yesterday being in RCT, I'm almost back into spring lockdown mode now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given what Jon says, that last bit may be a problem - speaking for myself, with almost half of the Welsh new cases yesterday being in RCT, I'm almost back into spring lockdown mode now.
    All the students have just arrived in Treforest too, if most weren't already here by now

All the students have just arrived in Treforest too, if most weren't already here by now
    They're now on about not allowing students to leave universities over Christmas. There's of course a myriad of problems within that, but it does beg the question, why have them go back in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They're now on about not allowing students to leave universities over Christmas. There's of course a myriad of problems within that, but it does beg the question, why have them go back in the first place?
    How can you police that? Quite a few of my student tenants are either from abroad, lived in Wales anyway or just stayed here through it all anyway.....

How can you police that? Quite a few of my student tenants are either from abroad, lived in Wales anyway or just stayed here through it all anyway.....
    Exactly, its completely unenforceable and shows the levels of disconnect between this government and the people.

Firstly of course students are adults, not children, unis don't "send them home" like its a school. Secondly many live in private accommodation with nothing to do with the uni and finally most uni accommodation is only available in term time (closed during holidays) which would give them nowhere to live. Also, good luck stopping the army of mothers who'll cross the country to bring their kids back (whether the kids want to go back or not!)

They clearly haven't thought it through at all