+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Interesting that Madrid Is locking down again as cases are 800 per 100,000, what is it in cardiff 47? Over cautious here now?
    I heard on the radio this morning that another 0.5m are going into lockdown in North Wales.

Interesting that Madrid Is locking down again as cases are 800 per 100,000, what is it in cardiff 47? Over cautious here now?
    Better to be safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Better to be safe than sorry
    I agree this time, let’s try and nip it in the bud. Maybe we should have a two week circuit breaker where no one is even allowed to move, no shopping, Two weeks off school, really tough. Virus can’t exist if no one moves it.....

I agree this time, let’s try and nip it in the bud. Maybe we should have a two week circuit breaker where no one is even allowed to move, no shopping, Two weeks off school, really tough. Virus can’t exist if no one moves it.....
    It was mooted some time ago about the kids October half term being a 2 weeker instead of the normal 1 week.
    I think it was to do with a proposal about having a 5 week summer holiday though.
    The way the 2nd wave is now progressing it wouldn't be such a bad idea if the numbers keep climbing to just close everything down for 2 weeks. In theory....like the Italians did, just shut it all and everyone stay home. However it would cause absolute bedlam and chaos with the dimwit panic buyers on supermarket sprints and house party enthusiasts who would piss it up for a fortnight.

Well done, I agree completely; two weeks is nothing. The people United will never be defeated, and that includes the virus too so let's bog it off.

It is nothing, I’m sure even if we gave the dumbest fwits a choice of two weeks doing nothing at all for a winter and summer of freedom they would take it, well, there’s always a few rugby club boys who wouldn’t conform, but generally most would. Food shopping would be one of the main issues. I’ve got about 2 weeks worth of frozen meals all the time, it’s not difficult but most would struggle with the concept I’m sure. They’d never shut the supermarkets, so it could still spread I guess.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54371859

At least the council leader said demand at the site had fallen.

that was what was supposed to happen last time, although the idea was to get test and trace up to speed before coming out of the lockdown, so you have your circuit breaker then you also stamp out any potential new outbreaks as quickly as possible.
    unfortunately the execution of that plan was extremely bad.

It is nothing, I’m sure even if we gave the dumbest fwits a choice of two weeks doing nothing at all for a winter and summer of freedom they would take it, well, there’s always a few rugby club boys who wouldn’t conform, but generally most would. Food shopping would be one of the main issues. I’ve got about 2 weeks worth of frozen meals all the time, it’s not difficult but most would struggle with the concept I’m sure. They’d never shut the supermarkets, so it could still spread I guess.....
    I think the issue would be that nobody (quite correctly) would believe that a two week circuit break would be the end of it

International

I'm surprised this hasn't been metioned:

although I don't know why it's in the politics section. The Abercynon test centre was the busiest in the UK and last week, (or late in the week before) carried uot 1065 test in 1 day, plus the tests its away teams did in other places.
    Now it has been restricted to 400 tests a day because apparently someone had dictated that they don't want people going into Rhondda Cynon Taf to take tests because it is in partial lockdown.
    This is insane, you can go in to work or to take your children to school but they are seeking to prevent people going to check if they have a life threatening disease.
    Some of these test centres are run by NHS UK and some by NHS Wales and I am not trying to make any political point here. But whoever made this decree is clearly stark raving bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been metioned:

although I don't know why it's in the politics section. The Abercynon test centre was the busiest in the UK and last week, (or late in the week before) carried uot 1065 test in 1 day, plus the tests its away teams did in other places.
    Now it has been restricted to 400 tests a day because apparently someone had dictated that they don't want people going into Rhondda Cynon Taf to take tests because it is in partial lockdown.
    This is insane, you can go in to work or to take your children to school but they are seeking to prevent people going to check if they have a life threatening disease.
    Some of these test centres are run by NHS UK and some by NHS Wales and I am not trying to make any political point here. But whoever made this decree is clearly stark raving bonkers.
    I was talking to someone this evening on zoom who works in a care home in RCT. Apparently all of their staff have weekly tests through Serco. Some staff members have been waiting over 2 weeks for results; they've had 2 lots of tests since their last results. Some of the NHS Wales run sites have had results back within the same day. The inconsistency alone is hardly great.

Except you can't shut absolutely everything down, so the virus will still be circulating, although at a much lower rate.

What will we do after the "circuit breaker" lockdown when infections start rising? Do it all over again? And again after that?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Except you can't shut absolutely everything down, so the virus will still be circulating, although at a much lower rate.

What will we do after the "circuit breaker" lockdown when infections start rising? Do it all over again? And again after that?
    Yes you can shut down absolutely everything and to be honest we might not have any other realistic option

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was talking to someone this evening on zoom who works in a care home in RCT. Apparently all of their staff have weekly tests through Serco. Some staff members have been waiting over 2 weeks for results; they've had 2 lots of tests since their last results. Some of the NHS Wales run sites have had results back within the same day. The inconsistency alone is hardly great.
    The test laboratory in Newport is due to open on 12 October (Finally) and then all the tests from south and west Wales will go directly there so hopefully there will be faster results.
    (That is tests from Ebbw Vale, Abercynon, Cardiff, Pontypridd walk in centre, Newport, Camarthen and Swansea, plus all the way teams that sit in those places and go out to other towns and villages to test.)
    (As a matter of interest the away team that is based in Cardiff City Stadium has not been tasked to go anywhere, ever. Why not? You'd think it might be useful in Caerphilly or somewhere. )

I mentioned these the other day, game changers. Don’t worry, bo bo says we are producing our own. Expect them to be rolled out in about a year.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

You can shut everything, it just doesn’t feel right but it can happen. People will have to adjust, it’s only for 14 days ffs

You can shut everything, it just doesn’t feel right but it can happen. People will have to adjust, it’s only for 14 days ffs
    How about power stations? Police? Fire stations? Hospitals?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How about power stations? Police? Fire stations? Hospitals?
    Common sense comes into the equation.

almost 13,000 cases recorded today and not a word on the main stream news or am i missing it

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    almost 13,000 cases recorded today and not a word on the main stream news or am i missing it
    You’re missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Common sense comes into the equation.
    Yeah, so that's what Leningrad is saying. You can't shut absolutely everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    There was an explanatory note saying that a "technical issue" meant that positive cases from earlier in the week were not recorded at the time, so they were included in Saturday's figure. It was also said that figures for the next few days will also include some cases from earlier in the week.

However, while this may go some way towards explaining any big surge in cases that began yesterday, it seems to me that this means that claims from a couple of days ago that things were levelling off were premature - the rise in infections may not be matching the doomsday scenario outlined by the two scientists in that press briefing nearly a fortnight ago, but new cases are still clearly rising at a high rate.

I'd not been checking the number of cases in Wales every day until recently, so cannot say how yesterday's figure compares with what we were seeing in March and April, but 576 is the highest I've seen by some distance - RCT figures were, as usual the highest, but they've remained fairly steady in the past week while those in other areas have been getting closer to them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was an explanatory note saying that a "technical issue" meant that positive cases from earlier in the week were not recorded at the time, so they were included in Saturday's figure. It was also said that figures for the next few days will also include some cases from earlier in the week.

However, while this may go some way towards explaining any big surge in cases that began yesterday, it seems to me that this means that claims from a couple of days ago that things were levelling off were premature - the rise in infections may not be matching the doomsday scenario outlined by the two scientists in that press briefing nearly a fortnight ago, but new cases are still clearly rising at a high rate.

I'd not been checking the number of cases in Wales every day until recently, so cannot say how yesterday's figure compares with what we were seeing in March and April, but 576 is the highest I've seen by some distance - RCT figures were, as usual the highest, but they've remained fairly steady in the past week while those in other areas have been getting closer to them.
    Worldometer states that of the 12,871 cases reported on Saturday, 7070 were actual and the rest a backlog which they redistributed on their graphs. This now shows the worst day as 29 Spt with 7700 cases. Their graphs also indicate a levelling off but with very high numbers.

The data for Wales is high and includes 132 cases listed as non resident. The weekly total includes 279 in this category. Considering that the sum total since the data collection started is 511, I assume that these are university students from other parts of UK

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Worldometer states that of the 12,871 cases reported on Saturday, 7070 were actual and the rest a backlog which they redistributed on their graphs. This now shows the worst day as 29 Spt with 7700 cases. Their graphs also indicate a levelling off but with very high numbers.

The data for Wales is high and includes 132 cases listed as non resident. The weekly total includes 279 in this category. Considering that the sum total since the data collection started is 511, I assume that these are university students from other parts of UK
    Thanks for that explanation, given we're talking about 5,000 extra cases yesterday, it may be best to assume that there were a thousand more per day from Monday until Friday, so cases have been plateauing but at a rate that is above the previous record for most cases.

Your assumption regarding those 511 cases in the Welsh figures sounds correct to me.