+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Quite right. Well done Drakeford.
    They have been doing it to a degree by stealth for a couple of weeks.
    The test centres used to have people from all over the country coming to them but for the last 2 weeks no one from outside the test centre local area has been able to book at test.
    How can it be that you can enter a restricted area to go to work or to school but you cannot enter it to find out if you have a potentially fatal illness?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well no but I'm sure there are experts who say that the only way to stem the spread is through a circuit breaker
    there are experts that say we would save 7000 lives by implementing a circuit breaker.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there are experts that say we would save 7000 lives by implementing a circuit breaker.
    I think it would be 8000.

Should be easy to police - anyone spotted in South Wales wearing a Man Utd or Liverpool shirt should be instantly sent back north and placed into quarantine for two weeks with no access to Sky Sports.

Quite right. Well done Drakeford.
    It's a political move and little to do with protecting us. I had a look at the paper which Prof Drakeford quotes as the evidence and the conclusion is.... the easing of the lockdown rules in July/ August has corresponded with an increase in cases with data suggesting that increases in Wales may be driven by imports from other parts of the UK and wider world
    And how do you police this? The Severn Bridge has 30,000 vehicles cross into Wales each day. That will continue.

In North Wales 36,000 workers move out of their areas to work each day, and 23,000 come in to these areas...

In South East Wales the figures are 57,000 out, 32,000 in

This is not to say they they commute to England but they move in and out of their localities and there must be some traffic to England

Trying to stop tourists from high risk areas is not viable when there is such a large amount of daily traffic anyhow, and probably not worth the immense effort required to police it properly.

AS I said earlier our FM seemingly can't help trying to score points

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thanks for the support but shouldn't that have been answering the first sarcastic comment form Jordi Cule?
    He knows I'm being sarcastic, it's my general demeanour.

He's supporting you because he's realised that sometimes you come across as dull as an empty packet of Wotsits.

Be grateful someone cares.

Hugs, kisses, catches and love.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It's a political move and little to do with protecting us. I had a look at the paper which Prof Drakeford quotes as the evidence and the conclusion is.... the easing of the lockdown rules in July/ August has corresponded with an increase in cases with data suggesting that increases in Wales may be driven by imports from other parts of the UK and wider world
    And how do you police this? The Severn Bridge has 30,000 vehicles cross into Wales each day. That will continue.

In North Wales 36,000 workers move out of their areas to work each day, and 23,000 come in to these areas...

This is not to say they they commute to England but they move in and out of their localities and there must be some traffic to England

Trying to stop tourists from high risk areas is not viable when there is such a large amount of daily traffic anyhow, and probably not worth the immense effort required to police it properly.

https://www.polfed.org/news-media/la...n-regulations/

The head of the Police Federation in Wales has already said that the rules are unenforceable.

They have been doing it to a degree by stealth for a couple of weeks.
    The test centres used to have people from all over the country coming to them but for the last 2 weeks no one from outside the test centre local area has been able to book at test.
    How can it be that you can enter a restricted area to go to work or to school but you cannot enter it to find out if you have a potentially fatal illness?
    Are you sure this is true. Exactly 2 weeks ago my wife had a test outside our lockdown area and was told that this is allowed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He knows I'm being sarcastic, it's my general demeanour.

He's supporting you because he's realised that sometimes you come across as dull as an empty packet of Wotsits.

Be grateful someone cares.

Hugs, kisses, catches and love.
    Dull? lmao but not blinkered.

Utter rubbish

I cant travel 7 miles to do some shopping because of a lockdown.

Drakeford is doing the right thing to stop people from an area like Liverpool with a high infection rate travelling into Wales.

Its not political its the right thing to do.

International

Are you sure this is true. Exactly 2 weeks ago my wife had a test outside our lockdown area and was told that this is allowed.
    I know the number of tests being carried out has dropped dramatically, and that was ordered by the government 2 weeks ago. As an example Abercynon in that period hasn't seen 1 person from outside Wales or indeed from outside RCT. Which makes me ask 'Why are they not doing the other 600 odd tests a day they could be?'. What I said this is a fact. And who can book where is controlled by the government, not the test centres. There must be a reason.

I know the number of tests being carried out has dropped dramatically, and that was ordered by the government 2 weeks ago. As an example Abercynon in that period hasn't seen 1 person from outside Wales or indeed from outside RCT. Which makes me ask 'Why are they not doing the other 600 odd tests a day they could be?'. What I said this is a fact. And who can book where is controlled by the government, not the test centres. There must be a reason.
    Abercynon is in my lockdown area. My wife was sent to Merthyr outside.

The Merthyr one is slightly closer.

Due to the Government website only calculating distances to testing stations as the crow flies, people in North Somerset are offered Cardiff as their nearest Covid-testing station. My friend in WSM went for the 'next nearest' station in Taunton last Friday.

International

Abercynon is in my lockdown area. My wife was sent to Merthyr outside.

The Merthyr one is slightly closer.
    I don't doubt it. The test centre in Merthyr is run from either Abercynon or Ebbw Vale.
    On another point, the new laboratory which opened in Newport on Monday is now sending tests to ther places because it cannot cope with the numbers being sent there. As all the tests were being analysed before monday there must be space somewhere. Seems silly to me.

I don't doubt it. The test centre in Merthyr is run from either Abercynon or Ebbw Vale.
    On another point, the new laboratory which opened in Newport on Monday is now sending tests to ther places because it cannot cope with the numbers being sent there. As all the tests were being analysed before monday there must be space somewhere. Seems silly to me.
    My family have had 2 tests in the last 6 weeks.

The response , ease of booking , speed of result ( 1 under 24 hours 1 slightly over) were excellent. Both negative so cant comment on Contact Tracing)

Centres were Cwm and Merthyr.

International

My family have had 2 tests in the last 6 weeks.

The response , ease of booking , speed of result ( 1 under 24 hours 1 slightly over) were excellent. Both negative so cant comment on Contact Tracing)

Centres were Cwm and Merthyr.
    Yes, what happens is the main centres have mobile units, and when ordered they go out to other places and set up testing stations. The samples go back to the main unit at night to be sent to a lab. It seems to work OK as you discovered.

Ending Coronavirus wth herd immunity is a "dangerous fallacy" - I've never understood some people's faith in it when we cannot know yet whether you're immune or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gerous-fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ending Coronavirus wth herd immunity is a "dangerous fallacy" - I've never understood some people's faith in it when we cannot know yet whether you're immune or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gerous-fallacy
    Herd immunity is a very dangerous concept and any policy to do that would certainly overwhelm the hospitals.

Utter rubbish

I cant travel 7 miles to do some shopping because of a lockdown.

Drakeford is doing the right thing to stop people from an area like Liverpool with a high infection rate travelling into Wales.

Its not political its the right thing to do.
    Its not rubbish, this is official data. The movement of people from one are to another is because they travel to and from work, and that's a reasonable excuse apparently!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    name them

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    name them
    the lives, not the experts

Its not rubbish, this is official data. The movement of people from one are to another is because they travel to and from work, and that's a reasonable excuse apparently!!
    Certainly happens in North Wales , Drakeford has been asked to publish his reason by data , before stopping people earning money to work and feed their families and further damage the already weakened Welsh Economy ,these are very worrying times.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Certainly happens in North Wales , Drakeford has been asked to publish his reason by data , before stopping people earning money to work and feed their families and further damage the already weakened Welsh Economy ,these are very worrying times.
    I thought it was intended to stop infected people killing others; not much to ask in my opinion.