+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky

Sky

I have baulked at taking out a Sky Sports subscription as the games I have wanted to watch have always been available on streaming sites.
    However recently I have found the streaming sites unreliable and with Covid this year has been very different with me wanting to watch more sports due to being stuck in due to the restrictions.
    So what is the most cost effective way for me to get Sky Sports bearing in mind that I have a BT box and BT Sports package ?

Re: Sky

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I have baulked at taking out a Sky Sports subscription as the games I have wanted to watch have always been available on streaming sites.
    However recently I have found the streaming sites unreliable and with Covid this year has been very different with me wanting to watch more sports due to being stuck in due to the restrictions.
    So what is the most cost effective way for me to get Sky Sports bearing in mind that I have a BT box and BT Sports package ?
    IPTV is your best bet.

What is that and how do I get it ?

What is that and how do I get it ?
    i will sent you a PM.

Or find some decent streaming sites...

Now TV sky sports package £10 a month stop it whenever you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Now TV sky sports package £10 a month stop it whenever you want to.
    Its £10 for a day pass isnt it, not a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    IPTV is your best bet.
    I had this for awhile and it rarely worked. Continual buffering yet other streaming services were working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Or find some decent streaming sites...
    The streaming sites I normally use have become extremely unreliable the past few months hence me considering Sky Sports but BT want £72 a month on top of my present package which is BT Sports and entertainment plus.

The streaming sites I normally use have become extremely unreliable the past few months hence me considering Sky Sports but BT want £72 a month on top of my present package which is BT Sports and entertainment plus.
    I have sky sports for £25 a month via Now tv. One year contract.

I spoke to BT, my TV service provider, on Friday and they said it was £72 on top of my existing broadband and TV package or £90 something on top if I wanted the "VIP" package.

I’d get rid of BT all together. Could get the same services on free view it free sat. Then get now tv / by subscription.

Now tv available as a stand alone box or app on most smart TVs

BT sport available on fire stick.

Of course the option is IPTV.

Sky are a bit (well, a lot)naughty with their sports packs.
    They know that most people want football, so you can get cut-down packs that allow you to watch other sports, but these will only cover a "selection" of football games.
    To be sure of the full football coverage, you have to have the full Sky Sports deal.

Haggle.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Sky are a bit (well, a lot)naughty with their sports packs.
    They know that most people want football, so you can get cut-down packs that allow you to watch other sports, but these will only cover a "selection" of football games.
    To be sure of the full football coverage, you have to have the full Sky Sports deal.

Haggle.
    My figures were for getting Sky Sports via BT not from Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I’d get rid of BT all together. Could get the same services on free view it free sat. Then get now tv / by subscription.

Now tv available as a stand alone box or app on most smart TVs

BT sport available on fire stick.

Of course the option is IPTV.
    I have nearly 2 years left on my BT contract so getting rid of it is not an option unfortunately.

I have nearly 2 years left on my BT contract so getting rid of it is not an option unfortunately.
    2 years left?
    I hope you had a good deeal with that!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    2 years left?
    I hope you had a good deeal with that!
    Yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    I have sky sports for £25 a month via Now tv. One year contract.
    No red button though

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I had this for awhile and it rarely worked. Continual buffering yet other streaming services were working fine.
    I had the same until I upgraded my tv stick to an Nvidia shield, been working really well ever since.

Sky can be quite expensive if you're a new customer. I have been with them for around 8 years and manage to get good offers when threatening to cancel or actually cancelling but getting called back in the cancellation period, however you need to be a customer to get those offers in the first place.

Would say best bet is a Now TV monthly pass and keep an eye on sky for when they have a compelling offer on a sports package (half price or similar), then once you're a customer cancel at the end of your term and they have some great offers.