4 7.02%
  • No

50 87.72%
  • Leo Fortune West

3 5.26%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BLM - Will you boo ?

Re: BLM - Will you boo ?

Being sick of being reminded about racism for a few seconds every week after less than 6 months is the definition of white privilege.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Like a lot of Trump voters. It has become so pervasive that there are questions over the future of political polling.
    But how a person votes is a private and personal thing anyway. And I believe that people confronted by a polster just tells them any old thing. It's none of their business.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But how a person votes is a private and personal thing anyway. And I believe that people confronted by a polster just tells them any old thing. It's none of their business.
    Who's stopping them from saying "no, thank you"?

Well that's a cop out. Could have and should have sent a strong message to the booing cavemen in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55223935

Sure, fine, but recognise that you're now starting to edge away from taking an anti-racist stance because you want to be more palatable to those who oppose changing society in order to make it less racist. That itself is very much a political gesture.
    Also from that BBC piece;-

"The Millwall Supporters' Club said the booing was not motivated by racism, but instead in opposition to the political views held by the Black Lives Matter organisation.".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Also from that BBC piece;-

"The Millwall Supporters' Club said the booing was not motivated by racism, but instead in opposition to the political views held by the Black Lives Matter organisation.".
    Anybody who says they know exactly why everybody who booed did it is a liar.

Tonight's Millwall game on red button - https://youtu.be/NVD8c6sVkzc

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I'm going to watch it and boo at the TV. Can't believe they're all going to be linking arms for marxism and the end to the nuclear family.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Cardiff game on Sky as well

The basic fact is this

Loads of people in this country are racist . Some are closet racists , they are entitled to be racist, up to them but mouth off in public and they are commiting a public order offence and could be nicked

Some people regarding this black lives matter issue put up perfectly reasonable arguments as to why they don't agree with it , they are clearly not racist , whisperer on here for example , I don't agree with him but he's not a racist

However its as plain as day that a big chunk of the people saying all lives matter , sick of this taking the knee etc are without a shadow of a doubt racist

And some are extremely racist

Those Millwall fans booing the knee gesture were knuckledraggers who used to do monkey chants and throw bananas

They are far right sympathisers who post on idiotic websites like Britain first or marched with the English defence league apart from the ones who came to cardiff and were soon running back to the train station and their buses after it was clear they were not welcome .

Will it fizzle out ? Probably

Will that be a good or bad thing ? Who knows

But if when football returns to cardiff city stadium and we get thousands of people booing instead of keeping quiet or just grumbling and moaning amongst their mates then either there is going to be lots of rucks or the crowds will dwindle because I for one will not be associated with people booing not because they want politics out of football .......which is ironic as the English defence league recruited among football casuals and even cardiff city has a small element of idiots who hang on the coat tails of sectarian rangers and celtic

These people are racist , right wing and xenophobic

If they infest cardiff city I am done with the club unless we take them on

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ive never thought of giving up watching the club. I really dont think I would want to be part of a club that reacted like that on Saturday. I think that would be it for me.
    Yep , we take em on or thats it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'm going to watch it and boo at the TV. Can't believe they're all going to be linking arms for marxism and the end to the nuclear family.
    I am hearing that Sky Sports are proposing instead of the knee, we have 5 mins of ring around the rosie before all games.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Although we have freedom of speech in the UK, the only reason anyone would boo the taking of the knee before games imo, is if they are racist.
    I don’t want racists anywhere near my football club,
    I want Cardiff City to ban for life, anyone who boos the taking of the knee at the CCS.
    I want my club Cardiff City, to be the first club in the UK to do this., and i want them to continue doing it for as long as the booing keeps rearing it’s ugly head.
    Paying lip service is no longer an option imo, and it’s now time to take action.
    .I am going to email the club about this, and the more folk that also email the club, the more chance of them taking notice.
    Nail on the head , totally agree 👍

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The basic fact is this

Loads of people in this country are racist . Some are closet racists , they are entitled to be racist, up to them but mouth off in public and they are commiting a public order offence and could be nicked

Some people regarding this black lives matter issue put up perfectly reasonable arguments as to why they don't agree with it , they are clearly not racist , whisperer on here for example , I don't agree with him but he's not a racist

However its as plain as day that a big chunk of the people saying all lives matter , sick of this taking the knee etc are without a shadow of a doubt racist

And some are extremely racist

Those Millwall fans booing the knee gesture were knuckledraggers who used to do monkey chants and throw bananas

They are far right sympathisers who post on idiotic websites like Britain first or marched with the English defence league apart from the ones who came to cardiff and were soon running back to the train station and their buses after it was clear they were not welcome .

Will it fizzle out ? Probably

Will that be a good or bad thing ? Who knows

But if when football returns to cardiff city stadium and we get thousands of people booing instead of keeping quiet or just grumbling and moaning amongst their mates then either there is going to be lots of rucks or the crowds will dwindle because I for one will not be associated with people booing not because they want politics out of football .......which is ironic as the English defence league recruited among football casuals and even cardiff city has a small element of idiots who hang on the coat tails of sectarian rangers and celtic

These people are racist , right wing and xenophobic

If they infest cardiff city I am done with the club unless we take them on
    Wow , fantastic post

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I always thought linking arms meant free uni tuition and 5* hotels for migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    Wow , fantastic post
    If football and the players and the authorities decide that taking the knee is going to end then thats the way it is

If it continues and people cannot keep quiet for 30 seconds before the game then whilst they may not be racist by booing a feck load of them will be

People can make excuses as much as they want but openly booing players of all colours doing that gesture , which they might have genuine reasons for not agreeing with , is clearly the act of a bonehead

And either ccfc and the vast majority of its fans sort this lot out or many of us are going to piss off .

I am not standing next to some stormtrooper booing and intimidating people , its either going to end up in confrontation or cardiff city turns into a far right sympathising club

I am not having that

Meet that nonsense full on or the club is done

I was just about to post that. He's nailed it again.

It’s funny seeing Marx & Engels being discussed on various football forums. The irony that most of them are working class, yet so aggressively against their ideas, is not lost on me. What all this has to do with racism in modern society is however. It’s obviously about race. Why don’t racists ever just come out and admit what they are?

It’s such a minefield of a discussion and people being labeled a racist because they disagree with aspects of BLM is lazy and problematic.

This Trevor Phillips Interview with Andrew Neil about “Critical Race Theory” resonates with me on why BLM could be counterproductive.

https://youtu.be/wY-rJu7aHvo

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    It’s funny seeing Marx & Engels being discussed on various football forums. The irony that most of them are working class, yet so aggressively against their ideas, is not lost on me. What all this has to do with racism in modern society is however. It’s obviously about race. Why don’t racists ever just come out and admit what they are?
    Because they are shithouses

Snowflake , playing the race card , can't say anything these days blah blah blah , its not our country anymore etc

So , tell me are you or are you not a racist ? Because you are most certainly using the language of one

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It should continue until we see more of a level playing field, until we see black people given opportunities in positions of real responsibility and power. In football, black players weren't trusted by the racists in the 70's, 80's to put a shift in, didn't fancy it if things got a bit tough for them, didn't like the cold and didn't respond to criticism well, as players, they've got over that racist hurdle, it took long enough.

Now it's at the management level where black ex footballers with the relevant badges and training can't get a look in. Look at Sol Campbell, a world class player, yet he had to cut his teeth at Macclesfield, a club who were fighting to stay in the league as well as bankrupt. Compare that to other players with a similar pedigree-Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, jonathan woodgate,Nigel clough, Bryan Robson, Terry Butcher, Peter reid etc, all walked into decent jobs when they finished playing. Look at Paul Ince, Captain of England, played for Liverpool, Man utd and inter milan, had to start his journey at Macclesfield. John Barnes didn't get a sniff after things went wrong at celtic, yet a white player as decorated as he is would have got another gig, just lower down, and that's from his mouth.

How can someone who has failed as much (and really doesn't have any more to offer the game) as Steve cotterill be on his tenth managerial appointment at Shrewsbury? It's plain racism, a black manager wouldn't get past the second appointment.

who the **** does?

My thoughts on the matter:

I don't get the booing, but then this is Millwall, and they're still in the 70s in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe, so its no surprise.

When BLM was a single issue movement, it was easy to support, but now its not so, so its hard to agree to the movement overall when there are so many pushing their own narrative well away from its original goals. Farage made UKIP a single issue party and did extremely well as a result. If Farage had started to add other types of political goals to the party's manifesto, then it would not have been so successful. BLM should remain a single issue movement then we can all get behind it.

Saying that, an individual should have the right to express their support in their own way, and not all bend the knee - we scorn North Korea for such mass actions, and whilst not quite the same, individuals who don't follow the mass behaviour shouldn't automatically be assumed to be against the main message. Bending the knee is tokenism to appear woke - much better to actually live your life, and encourage others to live theirs, in a manner fitting the ideal that BLM originally promoted.

finally, you make some great points about the managers, but maybe some (one) of them, such as Barnes, were just shit?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Great post in my opinion and absolutely spot on. The right wing do this all the time. They can't show themselves to be closet racists so they try to conflate the issue with something else and mentioning Marxism is like a red rag to a bull for some people, so it works.

To be honest if some of these people who claim not to be racists say they will not support it because of its supposed links to a Marxist movement that's totally a red herring. The focus of the gesture is to spread the message that discrimination is evil and its main purpose is the education of the young.

If the message can be got across to forthcoming generations that black people are of equal status to whites and treating them differently is wrong then discrimination may become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
    its not just the right, the left have their racists too. The wife's grandad, bless his soul, spent his time in the RAF when Britain had an empire. Staunch Labour man. He was based in Africa and India after the war and he certainly believes himself, as an Englishman, to be better than anyone who isn't white. He wouldn't say it to their face though. So maybe its a generational thing that will become less and less prevalent as most of us are brought up in a mixed culture society where we aren't cocooned with only our own "type".

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Four out of about fifty five voting voting yes I see, that equates to something like 170 in a crowd of 2,000 - the trouble is it would only need a small proportion of that minority to start booing for Cardiff City to be the subject of the same sort of headlines Millwall have been getting.
    that's quite disgusting. I always prided our club and city as being diverse and better than all that nonsense.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To everyone who says it's stale, has lost its impact etc I completely disagree. The news coverage of big protests across the world finished months ago yet here we are on this board and probably hundreds of other boards across the country after the weekend, discussing racism. That simply wouldn't be the case if the players weren't taking the knee. It consistently brings the issue back into focus, long may it continue.
    no we are not, we're discussing a token gesture at football. no one has suggested how to end racism or how to engage with the racists to see how they think. When is taking the knee going to lead to action to resolve the issue?

The fact of the matter is we don't live in a football stadium, so whilst we can all show solidarity (or not if you prefer not to) inside the stadium, outside in every day life is where change will really be made. and we have not yet had any discussion or debate apropos of that, we've only discussed whether we should be woke or not.

talk is cheap.