+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

For me, on reflection the game would go the same way again 9 out of 10 times if we played it again

The tactics just weren’t right for a team that packed the midfield.

On this occasion the manager has to shoulder some of the responsibility but Christ the players were shit also

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Do you honestly believe he is the man to take us forward? By 'forward' I mean into the play-offs or thereabouts by the end of this season, and possibly promotion next season?
    He did last year, on a brilliant run

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Can’t wait for the Will Vaulks post match “we weren’t at our best today but we’ll put it right and go again” tweet
    What do you expect him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Harris has overseen this midfield and not added anything or changed it though.
    Nothing has changed in the middle since Warnock.
    If our full back wasn’t injured Bacuna would have been there who I think is the best out of him Ralls and Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ralls picked up the two booking and got sent off, but Vaulks was somehow even worse.
    Nelson's passing is somehow worse than Vaulks', which is impressive. Today was an absolute disaster. Moore's injury is the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Terrible defending for the first goal from Bennet and Morrison. Is it time Morrison sat out a few games and we gave Benkovic a chance? (Not Bamba obviously). i don't blame Smithies for it.

They're centre back Bennett should have gone for the foul on Moore , it would have changed they game. Mind you we were awful anyway today.

Swansea pass the ball well, but are not great, but they didn't need to be today with our performance. they didn't;t even need a decent striker against that defence today.

The second goals was taken well but Lowe, Wilson gave the ball away, Vaulks dived in and missed by a mile, Wilson tried and failed, and the forward skipped around the centre backs and scored.

Harris has to take the blame for playing the same side for 5 games in a row, even if we did win four of them. Cooper said before the game he changed the personal for the game so why didn't Harris. Although we have 9 players on the bench only Glatzel is any good.

Harris must also take the blame for his recruitment. Osei-Tutu is an under 21 player and has been injured. We signed Wilson because of his reputation, he is v very inconsistent. Ojo was signed probably because we knew NML was going. Benkovic?? Surely he had to rotate his squad and especially play 4-5-1 in this game to count their possession? But no, let play the same side, with young Harris again in a 4-4-2.

We will be no where near a play off place come the end of the season with these players. I reckon Swansea will fade a bit, but make the play offs.
    Re Benkovic, Bamba is coming on as a sub before him I can’t see us using him unless we absolutely have to

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I agree with most of your points except we have not much talent on the bench? Murphy £11m, Leicester centre back£13m, a 4m Full Back Cunningham, £5.5 m Glatzel, Pack £2m, Whyte 2m,Bamba.Harris was all for 5 subs but never uses them, this was the game to bring on all 5 to give them a chance?
    Paul pogba cost Man U £90m. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nelson's passing is somehow worse than Vaulks', which is impressive. Today was an absolute disaster. Moore's injury is the icing on the cake.
    On Facebook read that Nelson was our best player a few times.

The amount of poor touches and passes to put himself under pressure was incredible

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    On Facebook read that Nelson was our best player a few times.

The amount of poor touches and passes to put himself under pressure was incredible
    I thought Nelson did well as a defender, but, as you point out, he was one of many in a blue shirt whose limitations in other areas were exposed.

Just looked at the Bournemouth game,light years in front of us.
    Running from midfield and scoring.

Does anybody else feel very little about the result today?

It was a strange one for me. I had it on City TV in the background but missed Kick-off because I was pottering about outside. I looked at the telly four minutes in and went to make a sandwich. I came back and they were 1-0 up and was annoyed when I saw the replay of the goal but didn't really think much more of it.

After that, I got distracted by other things and didn't even see their second and just dipped in and out.

I would have seen every kick of the ball in previous derbies and stayed watching until the end, good or bad. This would have been unthinkable over my time as a City fan.

Curiously, being from Port Talbot, I'm surrounded by Jacks but I've heard nothing from them. No taunts or goading, nothing.

Since football has restarted, I haven't paid too much attention to it generally.

Anyone else feeling the same or similar way?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Paul pogba cost Man U £90m. Nuff said.
    We are not Manure! The Jacks have a much weaker squad than us and less money put into the team by the Yanks yet they are way better than us!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

It was a strange one for me. I had it on City TV in the background but missed Kick-off because I was pottering about outside. I looked at the telly four minutes in and went to make a sandwich. I came back and they were 1-0 up and was annoyed when I saw the replay of the goal but didn't really think much more of it.

After that, I got distracted by other things and didn't even see their second and just dipped in and out.

I would have seen every kick of the ball in previous derbies and stayed watching until the end, good or bad. This would have been unthinkable over my time as a City fan.

Curiously, being from Port Talbot, I'm surrounded by Jacks but I've heard nothing from them. No taunts or goading, nothing.

Since football has restarted, I haven't paid too much attention to it generally.

No. I've been in a ****ing terrible mood since about 12:40 today.

We are not Manure! The Jacks have a much weaker squad than us and less money put into the team by the Yanks yet they are way better than us!
    How on earth can you say the jacks have a much weaker squad than us after watching that today?

No, I don't feel the same, I was totally gutted. A pathetic performance against our greatest rivals, it was embarrassing.

City's squad is a bit like a house in a state of utter disrepair, but every so often it gets a lick of paint and hey presto, it looks great - from the outside. People looking at it from a distance think 'that's not a bad house, looks OK', but those who know it better aren't fooled.
    It needs knocking down and re-building from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Succinct & accurate. Will this be the WoL report later?
    Thanks very much.

re Benkovic, there must be something wrong with him if Bamba gets a run out ahead of him. And Harris still only used 3 subs today I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The dullard on co-comms today said that Smithies was at fault for the first goal which I though was a daft thing to say.
    Wales online seem to be blaming Smithies too which seems very harsh, Lowe’s effort was from point blank range and preceded by some absolute rank defending in front of him

So what?
    The point is just because someone pays a lot of money for someone doesn't make them any good.

I can concur with your view .

I can't seem to take any of it seriously, its as if its not real , if I'd been down there today watching us get beat like that today my emotions would have so different to what occurred today .

With so much more going on in the world footballs revelence pales into insignificance for me these days .

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Just looked at the Bournemouth game,light years in front of us.
    Running from midfield and scoring.
    Running from midfield and scoring? What is that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I can concur with your view .

I can't seem to take any of it seriously, its as if its not real , if I'd been down there today watching us get beat like that today my emotions would have so different to what occurred today .

With so much more going on in the world footballs revelence pales into insignificance for me these days .
    Was going out about 1 anyway, missed ko but clocked they were already 1 up after 10 mins. Didn’t even try and check the result until I saw the others coming in at 4.45. You just knew it wasn’t going to be good

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    No, I don't feel the same, I was totally gutted. ANOTHER pathetic performance against our greatest rivals, it was embarrassing.
    fixed this

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Thanks very much.

re Benkovic, there must be something wrong with him if Bamba gets a run out ahead of him. And Harris still only used 3 subs today I think.
    He's been ill apparently. Very odd signing, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Running from midfield and scoring? What is that exactly?
    Receiving the the ball in midfield and running(attacking)and either scoring or passing to another player.