+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It might be more rife among teenagers and secondary schools as there hasn’t been a single case in my kids primary or barely any others I know in Cardiff. No doubt there has been some but in general I don’t know any primary kids who have been off and I know quite a few. I guess this testing idea so the whole class doesn’t have to stay off is the way to go? Or even, they could get either if the two vaccines rolled out ASAP.....
    That’s a very detailed and scientific approach to ascertaining Covid-19 rates in Primary schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    That’s a very detailed and scientific approach to ascertaining Covid-19 rates in Primary schools.
    It is, I’ve taken say 20 couples I know in about 15 different schools, only one has had his kid off and that was roath park primary.
    You could then multiply it by 10 to get a good idea of how rife it is at P level. No worries

It is, I’ve taken say 20 couples I know in about 15 different schools, only one has had his kid off and that was roath park primary.
    You could then multiply it by 10 to get a good idea of how rife it is at P level. No worries
    4 year groups have had to isolate at one stage or the other in our Primary School. The school was closed for much of December because of staff shortages caused by isolating and positive tests too.

You should pass on these findings to Public Health Wales who report 93.9% of primary schools in Cardiff have had a case of Covid-19.

Perhaps their recording techniques are not quantitative nor qualitative enough.

You should pass on these findings to Public Health Wales who report 93.9% of primary schools in Cardiff have had a case of Covid-19.

Or just BS maybe? Two weeks ago the new strain was causing 60% of all cases in Wales, suddenly, post xmas it’s only 10% and was never more.....

If only we had a testing system hey, most could no doubt get an education......

Over 53,000 new UK cases today, but they're saying this is partly down to a lag in the figures over Christmas.