+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4122

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

0-0 at half time, then a 4-0 defeat at full time - if Neil Harris does go, I assume Steve Morrison will go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    He's come off after 39 minutes ��
    ffs

Ben Margetson going on loan to Sutton United, currently 3rd in the National League, for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Ben Margetson going on loan to Sutton United, currently 3rd in the National League, for the rest of the season.
    Good move for him - a move to the National League worked well for Joel Bagan.

There's been questions asked about what's happened to Tavio D'Almeida and Taz Mayembe, Neil Harris was asked about them both in his pre game video conference yesterday. Apparently, D'Almeida is injured, but his answer with Mayembe didn't really make much sense. He said a decision had been made among the coaching staff at age group level that Mayembe needed regular games and so he'd been moved into the Under 18s, but the truth is he's barely played for them this season - he was missing for the first couple of months of the season, then came back for a while and then dropped out of the team again just before Christmas. the Under 18s haven't played since 12 December and don't have a game until a week on Saturday, presumably Mayembe will be playing then?

It'll be interesting to see how McCarthy deals with the young players here. He's only got a short contract so needs to hit the ground running but he might feel that giving some pitch time to youngsters and trying to be forward thinking in any way he can might buy off some of the negativity that has come with his appointment.

'I call Josh Yorwerth for the defence' aren't reassuring words for anyone really but I remember him being very complimentary about McCarthy when he joined Ipswich from here. Young players were involved in first team training (unlike here) and Yorwerth said he felt nervous attending those sessions because the standards were set so high. Yorwerth played in their League Cup run (including at Old Trafford) and was sent out on loan to Crawley when the run was over to pick up more first team experience. An article here shows Yorwerth's gratitude to McCarthy and Yates at Crawley (and a barely concealed contempt for Slade)

https://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/spo...-chance-881282

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how McCarthy deals with the young players here. He's only got a short contract so needs to hit the ground running but he might feel that giving some pitch time to youngsters and trying to be forward thinking in any way he can might buy off some of the negativity that has come with his appointment.

'I call Josh Yorwerth for the defence' aren't reassuring words for anyone really but I remember him being very complimentary about McCarthy when he joined Ipswich from here. Young players were involved in first team training (unlike here) and Yorwerth said he felt nervous attending those sessions because the standards were set so high. Yorwerth played in their League Cup run (including at Old Trafford) and was sent out on loan to Crawley when the run was over to pick up more first team experience. An article here shows Yorwerth's gratitude to McCarthy and Yates at Crawley (and a barely concealed contempt for Slade)

https://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/spo...-chance-881282
    Its an easy way to buy some goodwill

I just want Patten to get some gametime, poor kid's been on the bench for a while but nowhere near the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its an easy way to buy some goodwill

I just want Patten to get some gametime, poor kid's been on the bench for a while but nowhere near the pitch!
    Seems to me that Tom Sang would have come on against QPR if there had been a midfield injury. With Pack back and Bacuna, presumably, not being used at right back, I think Patten’s chance may have gone for now- he was injured for so much of the season before he was selected for the first team squad that he’s seriously short of match fitness now.

"The major recruitment overhaul at Cardiff City, the big Arsenal and Southampton coups and who actually decides on transfers";-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19719249

1-0 win for the Academy at Watford today, Caleb Hughes with the goal. Not much detail yet but Mayembe started.

https://www.the42.ie/aaron-bolger-to...40963-Jan2021/

Longford Town strengthen for top-flight return with loan signing of Bolger from Cardiff City

Today's Under 23 match with Ipswich at Leckwith is being shown live on the club website - kick off at 1 o clock.

Nice to see James Waite involved today - even if it is only as a sub;-

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...602432/photo/1

Stream

1-0 to City - Keiron Evans with the goal.

2-0 up now. We're playing some really good football and Colwill is playing well again. Difficult to say if they could make the step up, however, without seeing how far or how high they can welly the ball in possession.

3-0 now. Second goal for Isaak Davies.

4-0 Roland Idowu

Excellent performance, very encouraging.

I enjoyed that - despite the often mangled club audio.

So Tom Sang is our back up RB?

Some excellent performances in the win. Rubin Colwill is a monster!

That was very good against an Ipswich side who were second in the table - that said, apparently, they had a young team with several Under 23 regulars missing. Nevertheless, City played with an assurance not often seen by their seniors and I hope Mick McCarthy was watching because there were several who did well enough to get a place in the squad for Saturday.

Only caught bits and turned it off with about 15 left to play as the stream seemed to go into slow motion but saw some decent football. Most seemed comfortable on the ball, no.7 Colwill is it? Looked good, saw the Swansea game and he and Bowen played well there too.

Everyone seemed able to control and pass the ball, often forward, even spurned a fair few good opportunities.

Great win nice to Morrison staying with the job , team needs consistency

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...0-ipswich-town

I thought they all looked stronger in possession and in the tackle today. No idea how far away from the first team they are, but great to see.