Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
More importantly and interestingly , what's the score with this player ?
More confusing information today from Bournemouth management, so what's the delay?
As I said before, he's a satisfactory " sticking plaster" in that position, but he's not Beckenbauer or anything and what concerns me is the danger that we'll bugger about negotiating with him and run out of time to get that vital cover .

It'd be nice of course, but we don't need world class replacements at right back and centre back, just competent players who won't leak goals and undo the constructive work of the rest of the team. That's vital because then we can perhaps get the results which in many cases we've deserved in terms of attacking play and see a positive outcome from the presence of such players as Moore, Wilson and Ojo
Do we need another Centre Back in this window with Morrison, Flint and Brown all available to join Nelson in the next two weeks? Much better to wait until the Summer when we can try to get a fee for at least one of our centre backs and bring in Simpson in on a free or many other available players! I’d prefer to get a central midfielder and get rid of Bacuna or Pack?