Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
It was, although i'd say that most of the fans who really took up the protest were against the rebrand from the start. Plenty, in fact the large majority accepted it, albeit reluctantly, whatever that means. One person who posts on here went on TV sanctioning it, with the bloke who compared it to Treats and M and M's, whatever happened to him?

I'm pretty certain that if the club had established itself in the Premier league and 30,000 crowds were a fortnightly occurence, then we'd still be in red. The shit football under Slade and the dwindling crowds certainly helped persuade Tan on putting us back into our rightful colours.
We weren’t going to establish ourselves in the Premier League though and it was realised that the hangers on would drift away diluting the thousands who didn’t give a shite about what colour we played in, leaving the back to blue crowd in the majority, a majority that ensured a return to the colour. Ironically the club’s mishandling of our initial Premier League stint led to the eventual return to blue, the ones that only craved success disappeared until the next false dawn leaving the remaining core support to stir the shit, and it worked. As some have said, it’s in the past now and will always be an interesting, if sad, footnote in our history. But, what’s also sad is that some ex fans (who, in my opinion still care deeply about the club, because it’s bloody hard not to for them) won’t return to the fold and support 100%, they still, again in my opinion, hold a grudge which is quite unhealthy and not good for the mind.