Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
Fancy people expressing a point of view that is different from you and others on here (including myself incidentally, but they have a right to express it) Bob.

How dare they. Must be a load of plebs who lack the intelligence of many on here.

I quite enjoy some of Marina Hyde's, writing incidentally. But some seem to see her and similar writers of all political persuasions as all seeing wise sages who always get it right on such matters when all they are doing is writing is an opinion piece which sometimes hits the mark and other times is a load pf pretentious nonsense

As with many other writers of the genre of left and right I often wonder how much of the stuff they write is theirs and how much comes out of editorial meetings and they are just the ones who put it all together
I think you should stop and think about what you wrote there because it seems to me you're being contrary just for the sake of it. Forget the circumstances of this case, any situation where more than a hundred people complain about a complaints procedure because it is too easy to complain is completely ludicrous!

Right wingers often trot out the "it's a free country, people are free to say and do what they like" line when they haven't got anything else to fall back on as if it somehow makes what said individual is saying or doing perfectly reasonable, but complaining because it's not hard enough to complain is bonkers and should be held up as such. If you think someone who points something that obvious out sees themselves as "an all seeing wise sage who always gets it right", well that says more about you than it does about me.