+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hottest Place You Have Ever Been To

Hottest Place You Have Ever Been To

Croatia

It was uncomfortable

And that was in September

How the feck do people cope in the Australian Outback or Swampland USA ?

Re: Hottest Place You Have Ever Been To

Cyprus for the Euro 2016 qualifiers
    In the 50's with car steering wheels melting 🥵🥵

Lindos - Rhodes very hot and so bright I had difficulty keeping my eyes open.

Nicosia
    It was in the mid 40s (not the 1940s). We crossed the road as often as we needed just to walk in the shade.

Death Valley
    Jordan
    India
    Australia during their heatwave

Did 2 spells based in Delhi, 42C AVERAGE in May getting to just over 50C around about now if the dust storms have been delayed ahead of the monsoon season. On the plus side they think it's "freezing" in winter when the temperature drops to 15C!

Cyprus for me as well. Went one September and it was boiling uncomfortably hot. Been to the Australian outback and Las Vegas and it was hot there but a dry desert heat so not so uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Croatia

It was uncomfortable

And that was in September

How the feck do people cope in the Australian Outback or Swampland USA ?
    Mildura picking grapes outback Oz 40 degrees, about the same but far more humid in Chiapas southern Mexican jungle. Clothes just become wet walking a few hundred yards. Sumatra and Singapore being close to equator were uncomfortable too. I won’t rush back to any of them

Seville in August, **** me, it must've been mid 40's

France 1990. In a caravan with no air conditioning! 40c, very uncomfortable.

414 Club, Brixton.

Turkey and Florida in August dreadful ,waste of a holiday ,never again .

The Ninian Stand whenever the sun is out.

Paphos July 2008. 43 degrees in the shade, was 30 degrees at 6.30am. Left work before 9 as the plaster I was using was going off on the trowel. Mind you it’s the same every summer over here.

Turkey.

Death Valley
    Botswana

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The Ninian Stand whenever the sun is out.
    Yes that can be quite challenging , great shout , i think the old stadium had many more shady bits and of course shady characters .

Walsall, a few games into the 03/04 season. Was absolutely baking that day, Gareth Whalley got a late equaliser. Don’t think I’ve ever been that hot.

Turkey and Cyprus were both unbelievably hot while I was there.
    Florida was pretty hot, but on the other hand, it rains fairly frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Walsall, a few games into the 03/04 season. Was absolutely baking that day, Gareth Whalley got a late equaliser. Don’t think I’ve ever been that hot.
    Rotherham away first game of the season a few seasons back takes some beating. I remember stewards giving out water to fans. To top it off the heater on the bus wasn't working and stuck on warm.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mildura picking grapes outback Oz 40 degrees, about the same but far more humid in Chiapas southern Mexican jungle. Clothes just become wet walking a few hundred yards. Sumatra and Singapore being close to equator were uncomfortable too. I won’t rush back to any of them
    Same but oranges, it's mad how the human body adapts though - it'd be 40 degrees most days but if we had a cooler day of around 30 it would be glorious.

Also had to camp in the desert in Qatar for work for a couple of weeks once, that was stinking hot

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Rotherham away first game of the season a few seasons back takes some beating. I remember stewards giving out water to fans. To top it off the heater on the bus wasn't working and stuck on warm.
    That was a couple of weeks before the Walsall game I was talking about. We had a bit of a heatwave that summer.

UAE.. Low 40sC in the shade. Took a taxi to sort out a driving licence and, as the taxis were so cheap, kept the taxi on the clock. Got back and the taxi thermometer (ok, it was in the sun) read 56c! Sharjah may have been hotter but no way of proving it. Went to the desert zoo which is air conned. Walking back to the car, just across the other side of the car park, was evil.
    89c in a sauna was pretty daft, in my younger days....if the thermometer was accurate.

Another vote for Australia, made worse by driving with A/c, opening the door was like opening an oven.

Dumballs Road, building industrial units, Summer 1976, unforgiving. Absolute ridiculous conditions to be working outside in.