Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
Thanks for acknowledging the fact that I said Cummings should have gone from the outset. I call things out as I see them but that can't be said for everyone.Leaving the Cummings issue aside, the points you make can in general just as easily be attributed to those who vote Labour as well as Conservative on the various threads that appear on these pages. As I see it the difference is that some people vote for political parties at elections based on their policies at the time; they do not always vote for a Party because that is the only way they have always voted. There is very little criticism of Starmer on these pages but after more than a year as Leader I still haven't the foggiest what he stands for but as a contributor on here I feel there is absolutely no point in making any points about his performance as I will only get shouted down. Life is too short. My guess is that others who don't follow the views of the majority on here feel the same.

I know it's hard to accept, but for many voters had two choices at the last election - Corbyn (potentially dangerous with a radical following) or the buffoon Johnson. Johnson came out on top as the least worst option but what I don't get is that left leaning contributors always seem to decry those who voted differently.

As far as I'm concerned I believe that Johnson will have to resign if this idiotic relaxation of the COVID restrictions results in hospitals getting swamped with COVID patients. That is not a view based on politics but is based on how I feel. I will happily criticise anyone, irrespective of political allegiance, if I happen to disagree with them.
I looked the Worldometer stats for yesterday and of all new cases reported in Europe for that day 35% were in UK. Whatever your views on Covid rules that's a big number.