Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
I can report a positive outcome to my Saturday ticket saga.

This morning I received the following reply from the Ticket office:-

Thanks for your email

Is there a previous address than could have your booking history on? the fan number that is attached to the email has no booking under it meaning you wouldn't be able to purchase for Saturday.

If you can forward a different fan number or address that you would have used, I can check this for you.

I replied:-

Thank you for your message.

I previously lived at (Blank)

But that’s not the point – as I said in my previous message I bought tickets and attended the Real Betis game 3 years ago. If that’s not on your records, that’s not my fault.

I also told you I have bought the TV package for the coming season in addition to 3 or 4 seasons before that– check the records on that. I don’t live in the UK any longer but I am a fan and a paying customer.

You say in your previous reply that you can see that I already have a fan number so what reason is there for withholding a ticket for a friendly pre-season game.

If you let me have the contact details for the Ticket Office Manager I will be happy to discuss with him/her. I would also be happy to come to the stadium to discuss this public relations disaster with the CEO, Mr Ken Choo. I cannot believe he is aware that this fiasco is being played out in the ticket office.

Some hours later I received a call from the Ticket Office saying they'd been able to confirm from my old address that I had, indeed, bought Real Betis tickets and they could therefore provide the 2 tickets I want for Saturday's game. Furthermore, I could collect them from the ticket office from 11.00am on Saturday.

I can't confirm what did the trick, was it Bluetit's intervention, my threat to speak with Ken Choo or did they, indeed, find on their records that I'd bought tickets within the stipulated 5 years?

I'm pleased of course and offer thanks to all who sympathised with my plight. The story might also help others in a similar situation. but that doesn't detract from the fact that what's happening at the Club (and ticket office in particular) is unsatisfactory.

Let's hope we can all enjoy the upcoming Championship season. I'll be watching from rural Iowa

You're not alone, this impersonal email nonsense has got to stop.